Lap of Honour --- Will you stay and applaud?

Christmas Tree

To be honest i'll not be stopping to applaud, Its the worst home record I can remember since having my season ticket (8 Years) They should applaud me for having to watch dross most weeks. A lap of honour for not being relegated, the irony..... Leazes could have a field day with this thread

Its fans like you i just cant understand.

The aim was to stay up and our lads have gave us some great games and some great performances. They mite of been shite at times as well but of course they deserve to be applauded!

Miserable.

Its not the players fault, they're average and have come in an average league position. Just nothing to celebrate

PL Status is worth celebrating. Progression is worth celebrating. Some great results is worth celebrating.

and selling your best players is what ? Progression ?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest i'll not be stopping to applaud, Its the worst home record I can remember since having my season ticket (8 Years) They should applaud me for having to watch dross most weeks. A lap of honour for not being relegated, the irony..... Leazes could have a field day with this thread

The aim was to stay up and our lads have gave us some great games and some great performances. They mite of been shite at times as well but of course they deserve to be applauded!

Miserable.

Its not the players fault, they're average and have come in an average league position. Just nothing to celebrate

PL Status is worth celebrating. Progression is worth celebrating. Some great results is worth celebrating.

For 35mil....A good bit of business.

Miserable.

For 35mil....A good bit of business.

Liverpool think so too, it will be for them and their "trophy player" :rolleyes: when we are looking a long way up the league at them next season [and this season already since he signed]. "Good business".

LM how are we in decline when we are in th PL next season and in the CC last?

How are we in decline if we are more financially stable now than we were this time last year?

How?

LM how are we in decline when we are in th PL next season and in the CC last?

How are we in decline if we are more financially stable now than we were this time last year?

How?

I've explained how the seeds of long term decline have been sown, many times.

We are a selling club, we don't back our manager, we are conceding superiority to clubs like Liverpool and Spurs by selling them our best players behind his back and not allowing our manager to replace them properly.

Revenues are down. Ticket sales, sponsors etc have gone, nobody in the Far East wants to buy a shirt with Shola Ameobi on the back.

As the team struggles, they will go further down. As our best players leave, they will go further down. Our expectations are down. Our profile in the game among players and supporters has gone down. The clubs in europe don't see us as a challenge anymore.

The club is in decline. This season could be the highest we ever finish under Mike Ashley, and we have lost more games than we have won. In a normal season which isn't so tight, that is a bottom half of the league points return. Dekka has said the aim is 10th, but if we survive again next season they will be wanking themselves silly, because we will have "achieved" it having sold at least one more of our best players and bringing 2nd rate replacements.

Revenues are down. Ticket sales, sponsors etc have gone, nobody in the Far East wants to buy a shirt with Shola Ameobi on the back.

This year is likely to be our highest ever revenue, how's that "gone down" bit work ??

Personally sick of trawling for actual figures (that no-one reads), so if you would be so kind, maybe you could back that up and maybe with a comparison to other clubs trends would be good, just for balance.

This year is likely to be our highest ever revenue, how's that "gone down" bit work ??

Personally sick of trawling for actual figures (that no-one reads), so if you would be so kind, maybe you could back that up and maybe with a comparison to other clubs trends would be good, just for balance.

I can't be arsed to do a comparison, but anybody who goes to games must have noticed the empty seats, the lack of sponsors, and its a fact that nobody in the Far East is buying shirts with Shola Ameobi on the back. This all means our revenues are down when put against our competitors, they must have done, or why would soopa Mike be having trouble paying the mortgage [according to Mad Jock]

In any case, come September 1st and we have not spent the Carroll money, at least.....

Edited by LeazesMag

I can't be arsed to do a comparison, but anybody who goes to games must have noticed the empty seats, the lack of sponsors, and its a fact that nobody in the Far East is buying shirts with Shola Ameobi on the back. This all means our revenues are down when put against our competitors, they must have done, or why would soopa Mike be having trouble paying the mortgage [according to Mad Jock]

In any case, come September 1st and we have not spent the Carroll money, at least.....

Revenue's have stagnated league wide btw (excluding TV dosh). The only place commercial revenue is going mad is Germany they dwarf the Prem clubs in those earnings.

I think Mad Jock's point is not about Ashley paying the mortgage (becasue it is paid off already) but how would the club have paid the mortgage without a new owner.

But I'll leave that to Mad Jock, whoever he is.

Fucking beggars belief :rolleyes:

When was the last time you were privileged to be in St James whe we stuffedour local rivals 5-1 ?

How long before it happens again?

The infamous chicken dance?

Come back from 4-0 against Arsenal with 30 minutes to go ?

Tiotes volley?

Give your head a shake !!!!

When was the last time you were privileged to be in St James whe we stuffedour local rivals 5-1 ?

Tiotes volley?

I have stood and applauded at the end of worse seasons than this and would have done again if I was still going but apart from those two games and the Villa game we have been generally shit at home this season - the best performances have been away.

Tiotes volley?

Give over CT, you're either stupid or just winding him up. Two games don't make a season, in fact 2 games are nothing, however spectacular they may be. The season is 38 games, and there are 2 domestic cup competitions on top of that.

The lads have performed well with a fair bit of behind the scenes shite and a very thin squad. Applaud them and hope it helps the good ones stay.

Home form has been shocking, its the same as those teams in danger this weekend. It has been 4 wins, 4 draws and 2 defeats at home since Pardew took over.. ish.

:rolleyes:

Edited by ChezGiven

Is the end of season applause specifically to be based upon home performance since the latest managerial change?

Didn't get that SMS.

:rolleyes:

Tiotes volley?

Paying £600 for your ticket gives you a different sense of value for money than some bloke who watches for free online every week and gets to 1 or 2 games a season

Tiotes volley?

Give over CT, you're either stupid or just winding him up. Two games don't make a season, in fact 2 games are nothing, however spectacular they may be. The season is 38 games, and there are 2 domestic cup competitions on top of that.

Don't be a daft old git!

When I'm on my deathbed I will still remember Alberts chip and the other 5 goals but I won't be able to recall what season it was or what else happened. Likewise Nolans overhead kick and Tiotes volley.

They are the moments football is all about.

Guest alex

Tiotes volley?

Don't be a daft old git!

When I'm on my deathbed I will still remember Alberts chip and the other 5 goals but I won't be able to recall what season it was or what else happened. Likewise Nolans overhead kick and Tiotes volley.

4 goals. Was a televised match as well, wasn't it? Funny that.

Edited by alex

Tiotes volley?

Don't be a daft old git!

Er...

Tiotes volley?

Don't be a daft old git!

take a taxi and have a holiday, you need it.

Don't be a daft old git!

Was that against Aldershot? :rolleyes:

Tiotes volley?

Paying £600 for your ticket gives you a different sense of value for money than some bloke who watches for free online every week and gets to 1 or 2 games a season

In that case I suggest you start watching on the box. Money should have fuck all to do with your support. The lads have probably surpassed your predictions at the start of the season and given you some great games.

If nothing else, most of them have put in 100% this year.

And before you get too smug. There's lots of us who used to have season tickets while you were still in nappies and I for one would have no hesitation in giving up 15 minutes to show my appreciation.

Tiotes volley?

In that case I suggest you start watching on the box. Money should have fuck all to do with your support. The lads have probably surpassed your predictions at the start of the season and given you some great games.

And before you get too smug. There's lots of us who used to have season tickets while you were still in nappies and I for one would have no hesitation in giving up 15 minutes to show my appreciation.

so I take it that, despite your support for your man, it doesn't extend far enough to put your hand in your pocket ?

Tiotes volley?

I doubt very much whether you have ever had a season ticket. Your football knowledge is so poor I doubt indeed whether you follow football let alone support Newcastle