Lap of Honour --- Will you stay and applaud?

Christmas Tree

Funny how that once the boy at true faith shows his positivity and optimism for the future and has some well deserved praise for the lads, that people change their tune.

Can you show which people on here were saying the lads don't deserve their applause who are now saying they do?

I got the impression you werent exactly full of praise like.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex
Funny how that once the boy at true faith shows his positivity and optimism for the future and has some well deserved praise for the lads, that people change their tune.

Can you show which people on here were saying the lads don't deserve their applause who are now saying they do?

Did you really? Perhaps you can quote me and show me where I've contradicted myself then.

I'll stay and applaud. I like a lot of the players and they have put a lot of effort in, getting us some enjoyable results.

I think a few things make you decide whether you stay and applaud or not. The result on the day is a bit of a factor but the main two are: how has the team done (obviously this is relative to expectations and they've exceeded them for most) and how much effort have the players put in (can't fault them on that score either). A lot is made of us lot turning our back on SBR and being ungrateful bastards at the end of the 03/04 season but in reality it was a relatively disappointing season and a canny few of the players had started to take the piss out of Robson and, by extension, the fans. It's become a stick with which to beat us but I think that's been forgotten in all of that.

Spot on.

I'll probably see you before the match btw Alex.

Did you really? Perhaps you can quote me and show me where I've contradicted myself then.

Just read back. Maybe i was wrong :rolleyes:

Guest alex
I'll stay and applaud. I like a lot of the players and they have put a lot of effort in, getting us some enjoyable results.

I think a few things make you decide whether you stay and applaud or not. The result on the day is a bit of a factor but the main two are: how has the team done (obviously this is relative to expectations and they've exceeded them for most) and how much effort have the players put in (can't fault them on that score either). A lot is made of us lot turning our back on SBR and being ungrateful bastards at the end of the 03/04 season but in reality it was a relatively disappointing season and a canny few of the players had started to take the piss out of Robson and, by extension, the fans. It's become a stick with which to beat us but I think that's been forgotten in all of that.

Spot on.

I'll probably see you before the match btw Alex.

Cushty. I'll text you.

Guest alex

Just read back. Maybe i was wrong :rolleyes:

I've praised the players all season tbh. I even think Pardew deserves to be thanked for the job he's done in difficult circumstances.

This isn't any old bollocks. This is Tiote's Nutz utter horseshit with a glossy veneer of twaddle, drizzled with a soupcon of dishonesty reflecting a tinge of deep seated melancholy.

This isn't any old bollocks. This is Tiote's Nutz utter horseshit with a glossy veneer of twaddle, drizzled with a soupcon of dishonesty reflecting a tinge of deep seated melancholy.

:rolleyes: Your talents are wasted in your current job.

True Faith :rolleyes:

I read it when I was young but these days they spit out a good article maybe once every 3 years.

I was going to say the same but left it until later, for obvious reasons.

It's just like a student rag. What makes me smile is they think they are the voice of the knowledgeable supporter, or something.

I'm about as likely to buy it these days as I am the Guardian.

:rolleyes: Your talents are wasted in your current job.

is your taxi off the road again today ?

:angry: Your talents are wasted in your current job.

I second that. Well done HP :rolleyes:

I read it when I was young but these days they spit out a good article maybe once every 3 years.

It's just like a student rag. What makes me smile is they think they are the voice of the knowledgeable supporter, or something.

Didnt you write for them once upon a time? Booted because of your relentless dour patter? Bitter much?

Didnt you write for them once upon a time? Booted because of your relentless dour patter? Bitter much?

no, I have never wrote anything for True Faith. Have you ever wrote anything for any of the fanzines ?

Edit.

I can expand if you like, but don't bother boring the arse off me complaining about derailing threads ie having a different [but factually correct] point of view to you ?

Edited by LeazesMag

Guest alex

The Guardian, which I've slated in the past, has some decent footie stuff in actually Leazes. Louise Taylor loves Steven almost as much as you do too :rolleyes:

Edited by alex

The Guardian, which I've slated in the past, has some decent footie stuff in actually Leazes. Louise Taylor loves Steven almost as much as you do too :rolleyes:

aye, I can see that people are obsessed with Louise Taylor :angry:

Guest alex

aye, I can see that people are obsessed with Louise Taylor :angry:

She's fucking awful like but some of the other writers are spot on. Sid Lowe, for example.

If you don't read it, how do you know it only has a good article every 3 years or so???? :angry::icon_lol:

Oh, and get your hair cut!

:angry: Your talents are wasted in your current job.

is your taxi off the road again today ?

Not to you if you have a plane to catch to some far off wifi free destination :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'll probably stay and applaud. That's about the team, and I have no problem with the team this season. We've done miles better than I either expected or feared.

Yeah, I'll probably stay and applaud. That's about the team, and I have no problem with the team this season. We've done miles better than I either expected or feared.

I was happy with anything above 17th, so yeah, the team deserve my applause

All we need now is for Toonpack, CT and TN to actually go to the game and give a thunderous applause for Mike Ashley

Despite all that I've said and posted on and on and on, you can't get it into your head that I have little like for Ashley can you. :rolleyes:

It's not a hard thing to comprehend, even for someone who's not that bright.

All we need now is for Toonpack, CT and TN to actually go to the game and give a thunderous applause for Mike Ashley

Despite all that I've said and posted on and on and on, you can't get it into your head that I have little like for Ashley can you. :rolleyes:

It's not a hard thing to comprehend, even for someone who's not that bright.

I thought you said you didn't want to argue anymore ?

September 1st isn't that far away ....

Well if its not raining I might just pop along and give him a knowing wink of approval. :rolleyes:

hard to believe you're not really skidders tbh