Music in the toon

Kid Dynamite

I was talkin about the fact you're 14foot wide tbh  :huh:

68441[/snapback]

I tell you what, with that beer gut you're sporting at the minute, you've got a fucking cheek! :lol:

68443[/snapback]

You're talking to Mancy again I hope!

I was talkin about the fact you're 14foot wide tbh  :nah:

68441[/snapback]

I tell you what, with that beer gut you're sporting at the minute, you've got a fucking cheek! :lol:

68443[/snapback]

You're talking to Mancy again I hope!

68449[/snapback]

:nah: Sadly not! :huh:

Doves were good.  Even better now that I know Jill was there and I was fortunate enough not to bump into her. :lol:

68416[/snapback]

She'd have blanked you anyway, with good reason :nah:

68427[/snapback]

I did like. :huh:

I saw Martin Stephenson and the Daintees last night for old times sake. Anybody who's over 30 and from Tyne and Wear should know who I'm talking about. They're pretty good musicians really and it's a bit surprising they didn't go further.

Martin Stephenson is either the happiest bloke on the planet or is permanently on drugs, or both - he never stops smiling, it's as if his mouth is stuck in that position. They're playing at the Cluny tonight if any old timers fancy a blast from the past.

Edited by Renton

I saw Martin Stephenson and the Daintees last night for old times sake. Anybody who's over 30 and from Tyne and Wear should know who I'm talking about. They're pretty good musicians really and it's a bit surprising they didn't go further.

Martin Stephenson is either the happiest bloke on the planet or is permanently on drugs, or both - he never stops smiling, it's as if his mouth is stuck in that position. They're playing at the Cluny tonight if any old timers fancy a blast from the past.

68859[/snapback]

Who?

68859[/snapback]

Who?

68883[/snapback]

You're joking, right? :lol:

It's not as if Tyne and Wear have had a lot of musical acts.

You would have only been about 13 at the time, but have you never heard of the album "Boat to Bolivia"?

68859[/snapback]

Who?

68883[/snapback]

You would have only been about 13 at the time, but have you never heard of the album "Boat to Bolivia"?

68947[/snapback]

Never heard of them mate.

68859[/snapback]

Who?

68883[/snapback]

68947[/snapback]

Never heard of them mate.

68950[/snapback]

You're one of the few that I thought would, what with your eclectic and encyclopaedic musical knowledge. :huh:

They were from Washington (mackems) and on the same label as Prefab Sprout (Who? :nah:), famed for their Christmas gigs at the Riverside (Where? :nah:). Prefab Sprout became semi-famous, whereas the Daintees didn't, despite being far superior.

Anyone else know what I'm talking about? NJS?

I've heard of Prefab Sprout like (and the Riverside) :lol:

68955[/snapback]

The Riverside was probably the best music venue Newcastle has ever seen, brings back memories. Fuck me, I first saw MS and the Daintees 17 years ago!

68955[/snapback]

The Riverside was probably the best music venue Newcastle has ever seen, brings back memories. Fuck me, I first saw MS and the Daintees 17 years ago!

68958[/snapback]

The Riverside and the Mayfair were both good venues like, a shame both are no longer with us.

Prefab Sprout were signed to Kitchenware records in Newcastle (same as Editors at the moment).

But Renton, howay lad, there's no band better than Prefab Sprout!

I've heard of Mr Stephenson as well.

68959[/snapback]

Well I guess from youir user name you might be a bit of a fan of Prefab Sprout :lol: I've seen them a few times and would say they were just OK, but its all personal preference at the end of the day.

68955[/snapback]

68958[/snapback]

The Riverside and the Mayfair were both good venues like, a shame both are no longer with us.

68960[/snapback]

Saw MS an the Daintees at the riverside many many moons ago.....took me mate with me who thought it was a "proper nightclub" and turned up in pink mini skirt and white stilletos.....had to hide from her all night... :huh:

I've heard of Prefab Sprout like (and the Riverside) :huh:

68955[/snapback]

68958[/snapback]

68960[/snapback]

Saw MS an the Daintees at the riverside many many moons ago.....took me mate with me who thought it was a "proper nightclub" and turned up in pink mini skirt and white stilletos.....had to hide from her all night... :nah:

68966[/snapback]

:lol: