Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

Tooj

It would be a cop-out in my view if you fill a landscape with complete cunts and then have a happy ending where the only vaguely good guys win.

I'd be tempted to engineer the seemingly happy ending then let the white walkers kill 'em all.

Edited by NJS

Also I'd love to know more about the white walkers and the mythology behind them at some point.

Where did they come from? Why now are they going south?

It would be a cop-out in my view if you fill a landscape with complete cunts and then have a happy ending where the only vaguely good guys win.

I'd be tempted to engineer the seemingly happy ending then let the white walkers kill 'em all.

Might they have the "good guys" defeat the White Walkers only for Little Finger, the Boltons or whomever seize control of Westeros?

I'm still a believer of the R + L = J theory.

Oh for shizzle. Which is why JS must be resurrected in some fashion. It's too pivotal a plotpoint to discard, surely?

Also I'd love to know more about the white walkers and the mythology behind them at some point.

Where did they come from? Why now are they going south?

Magic seems to be returning to the world and with it the White Walker's powers increase?

I suspect the white walkers will be defeated but it's going to be at a significant cost and there's going to be a lot of the major players lose their lives. I don't see it being a nice happy Jon or dragon tits on the iron throne ruling peacefully type ending. I certainly hope not.

Aye that's the jist of it.

I'd like to think GRRM has it all planned out, but it's just taking him ages to actually get all the ducks in a row. However, It could be that this has got away from him a bit and he's got no idea how to tie all the loose threads together.

If this were any other author I'd predict John is resurrected, he joins Daenerys and Tyrion to amass an army to return to defeat the White Walkers, albeit temporarily. Then Daenerys begins her rule with Snow and the Imp as husband and advisor. I mean, Snow would bring the North with him, Tyrion will be the last remaining Lannister able to hold title, blah blah blah

That scenario is far to neat and happy to be what Martin has in store.

I think some parts of the story like Mereen and Dorne have got away from him somewhat and he's struggled to wrap them up as quickly as he would have wanted. I think this is what's slowing him down, but let's face it, he's never been a fast worker.

I was reading an interesting theory yesterday that the three heads of the dragon are Denerys, Jon and Bran. Denerys being fire, Bran being ice and Jon being the link between the two. It was pitched as Denerys being Azor Ahai, Jon being the Prince Who Was Promised and Bran being the Last Hero. Rather than usual interpretation being those three are all one and the same just stories told by different peoples. I quite like this idea.

I suspect the white walkers will be defeated but it's going to be at a significant cost and there's going to be a lot of the major players lose their lives. I don't see it being a nice happy Jon or dragon tits on the iron throne ruling peacefully type ending. I certainly hope not.

I think the discovery and subsequent loss of Dragon glass is a plot device to suggest someone will find some and save the day.

I think the discovery and subsequent loss of Dragon glass is a plot device to suggest someone will find some and save the day.

I'm sure that dragon glass and valerian swords are going to have to come together to defeat the others. I was reading the Tyrion section in the third book the other day where Tywin shows him the two new new swords that he's had made from Ned's sword. It's mentioned in there that there are thousands of valerian swords left in the world and couple of hundred stil in the seven kingdoms. It always struck me even before the Hardholme episode that they were going to be signifcant.

I'm sure that dragon glass and valerian swords are going to have to come together to defeat the others. I was reading the Tyrion section in the third book the other day where Tywin shows him the two new new swords that he's had made from Ned's sword. It's mentioned in there that there are thousands of valerian swords left in the world and couple of hundred stil in the seven kingdoms. It always struck me even before the Hardholme episode that they were going to be signifcant.

They'll get that when they go to find Rickon.

Or when Howland Reed finally makes an appearence.

Wouldn't be surprised if the show takes a shortcut and has Osha taking Rickon to Howland Reed.

Not impressed by episode 1. Did anything move forward? Seemed to be nowt more than a reminder of where everyone was at... and that magic red bint is still magic.

That's fairly standard for the first episode really. But dragon tits headed for the dosh kaleen, Sansa and Brienne have hooked up and almost a whole family has been wiped out. They might not really be the bits you'd have wanted to see move on (Jon being resurected, Bran returning, Tyrion doing something) but I think its harsh to say nothing has moved on.

Personally I thought it was the best opener since the first or second season.

I thought Cersei's self recognition that she's a bit of a twat was good - as was "fuck everyone who isn't us".

I'd like to think her character was moving forward there but I have a feeling she'll be her old self very soon.

Which bit/s didn't you expect?

Because the last scene was the most expected "plot twist" in ages :lol:

Well I've said all along that Jon Snow was coming back. He's the main character in the plot along with dragon tits.

It was Ramsey stabbing Roose that came as a surprise. Not that I thought Ramsey would just sit and take it if Walda had a boy. It was just the speed and nature of his reaction that was surprising.

On that sky thing with Sue Perkins she made a good point that there was an element of clearing out the old in favour of a new generation with Ramsay, Yara and even Tommen possibly coming more to the fore.