Mike Ashleys Newcastle Revolution

Christmas Tree

If anyone did a countback on what you've been right about and what you've been talking unmitigated shite about, I'm confident you'd come out with a heavy deficit. Of course we only ever get it played back to us when you're right.

Literally in his first couple of pages of posts, he goes from writing Anti-Ashley songs and saying he's got three season tickets to staunchly believing a Llambias interview and supporting Dennis Wise for the manager job.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno why people take any notice of CT's proclamations about football tbh. If he was sat next to you at work, you'd know him as the bloke who "loves to talk footy", who just regurgitates shit he's read in the tabloids, or has ridiculous "theories" about goings-on at NUFC but understands very little of what he's talking about. Do they still produce that shit official club magazine? Cos his patter reads like he gets it directly from there.

Because over and over and over and over again........Im right.

What was it you said about Pardew finishing above the pos when he took over again? :lol:

? Not sure what that means?

Above the position, I was being lazy. You said under Pardew we would finished higher than we were when he took over, where Houghton had us.

I relate the team's pattern of play, to the so-called spine of the team - it isn't purely based on positions. This no doubt goes against CT's pigeon holed assessment which leaves our LB out the equation. Collo, Tiote, Enrique and Jonas allow to us play football from the back, and there's real chemistry between the aforementioned centrehalf, Enrique & Jonas. Their combination passing play is almost telepathic at times, and has been forged via playing three competitive seasons together. Of the key players up for grabs [probably being touted by the club's Iranian friend] Jonas is possibly the most reachable, if Dekka & Ashley are capable of closing the deal for Gervinho and that's the big 'if' - they're record doesn't smell of roses when we're competing with clubs for sought after talent. Of that aforementioned combination play we stand to lose two pieces, possibly three if Collo goes, and two of those are imo irreplaceable - those being our pair of ball-playing defenders, one of which is arguably the best shut-down/defensive fullback in Europe.

nobody is irreplaceable.

All players that have a shelf life that runs out for many reasons be that fancying a change, money, home sickness, not liking the manager, not in the managers plans, not suited to the style of play etc etc.

Its pretty clear a remodelling is going on and Pardew deserves the chance to carry it out and be judged accordingly.

CT full of beans this morning.

I wish. :D

Had a late night and hit the sack after 1, up with the baby at 5.45.

(And only a little over a week to go until I am daddy day care full time so I'll be able to contribute even more) :D

And you thought it was going to be a quiet summer on Toontastic :lol:

CT full of beans this morning.

I wish. :D

Had a late night and hit the sack after 1, up with the baby at 5.45.

(And only a little over a week to go until I am daddy day care full time so I'll be able to contribute even more) :P

And you thought it was going to be a quiet summer on Toontastic :lol:

y wanna launch yer own cable channel mate :D

nobody is irreplaceable.

All players that have a shelf life that runs out for many reasons be that fancying a change, money, home sickness, not liking the manager, not in the managers plans, not suited to the style of play etc etc.

Its pretty clear a remodelling is going on and Pardew deserves the chance to carry it out and be judged accordingly.

I wouldn't argue with that, but he can't be judged if he isn't given the tools to do the job properly.

nobody is irreplaceable.

I wouldn't argue with that, but he can't be judged if he isn't given the tools to do the job properly.

Dont agree.

Pardew has no excuse of anything not being like the brochure. It was very clear what and who he was taking on.

As for support from the board, that cant really be judged until everyone has been counted in and out at the close of the window.

nobody is irreplaceable.

Dont agree.

Pardew has no excuse of anything not being like the brochure. It was very clear what and who he was taking on.

As for support from the board, that cant really be judged until everyone has been counted in and out at the close of the window.

he will be expected to put together a good side for peanuts, and people like you will still be talking of us "buying top players and behaving like a big club" when we are now behaving like a small club. So its impossible for him to succeed in terms of seeing NUFC as a big club. Staying in the premiership may be OK for the likes of Ashley, Dekka and you, but the vast majority of people will in the end start giving him grief but he is trying to do what will be an impossible job.

His hands are tied, they are not and will not give him the tools. You know what I meant like :lol:

nobody is irreplaceable.

as for that first line - bullshit. You only have to look at Shearer's rapid decline [after Bellamy & Robert's forced exits] for evidence. Some players' contributions are too valuable to the overall picture ie. team structure, pattern of play etc. Successful clubs with mainstay managers build around such players, up to the point when there is a need for generational change within the squad. As for Pardew's wholesale remodeling the squad, it's a forced option layed on him by a board that places a higher value on the balance sheets and value short-term cash windfalls, rather than actually building a footballing legacy. Pardew's replacement will be faced with the same impossible task. Pardew is just another fallguy, as were Mcfaul, Smith etc two decades earlier.

Edited by Year Zero

nobody is irreplaceable.

Dont agree.

he will be expected to put together a good side for peanuts, and people like you will still be talking of us "buying top players and behaving like a big club" when we are now behaving like a small club. So its impossible for him to succeed in terms of seeing NUFC as a big club. Staying in the premiership may be OK for the likes of Ashley, Dekka and you, but the vast majority of people will in the end start giving him grief but he is trying to do what will be an impossible job.

His hands are tied, they are not and will not give him the tools. You know what I meant like :lol:

I was trying to avoid giving you cause to roll out your same old, same old.

Looking at the players we have reportedly gots bids on he has so far "spent" about 35 mill.......and the window isnt properly open yet!

Me and you both know that whatever happens this transfer window will not be good enough for you.

A lot of us will be quite happy to be making progress.

nobody is irreplaceable.

Dont agree.

I was trying to avoid giving you cause to roll out your same old, same old.

Looking at the players we have reportedly gots bids on he has so far "spent" about 35 mill.......and the window isnt properly open yet!

Me and you both know that whatever happens this transfer window will not be good enough for you.

A lot of us will be quite happy to be making progress.

I speak the reality.

nobody is irreplaceable.

as for that first line - bullshit. You only have to look at Shearer's rapid decline [after Bellamy & Robert's forced exits] for evidence. Some players' contributions are too valuable to the overall picture ie. team structure, pattern of play etc. Successful clubs with mainstay managers build around such players, up to the point when there is a need for generational change within the squad. As for Pardew's wholesale remodeling the squad, it's a forced option layed on him by a board that places a higher value on the balance sheets and value short-term cash windfalls, rather than actually building a footballing legacy. Pardew's replacement will be faced with the same impossible task. Pardew is just another fallguy, as were Mcfaul, Smith etc were two decades earlier.

Psst......Nobodys left. :lol:

Is it just me or does anyone think when they hear or read the incessant shite about spending the Carroll money that nobody poses the simple question of if he hadn't been sold does that mean we would have spent no money at all this summer?

We should have been planning a modest £20m anyway so as far as I'm concerned anything less than £50m is just another bullshit Ashley waste of time - and that's before departures are considered.

Is it just me or does anyone think when they hear or read the incessant shite about spending the Carroll money that nobody poses the simple question of if he hadn't been sold does that mean we would have spent no money at all this summer?

We should have been planning a modest £20m anyway so as far as I'm concerned anything less than £50m is just another bullshit Ashley waste of time - and that's before departures are considered.

50m? did we ever spend 50million net in a single window ever? under any regime?

quite amazing that people say exactly the same thing as I have been saying for years, until certain names are mentioned then all rationality and thought processes fail ?

Gloomy is another one.

50m? did we ever spend 50million net in a single window ever? under any regime?

We never had a £30/35m windfall before.