Mike Ashleys Newcastle Revolution

Christmas Tree

Is it just me or does anyone think when they hear or read the incessant shite about spending the Carroll money that nobody poses the simple question of if he hadn't been sold does that mean we would have spent no money at all this summer?

We should have been planning a modest £20m anyway so as far as I'm concerned anything less than £50m is just another bullshit Ashley waste of time - and that's before departures are considered.

50m? did we ever spend 50million net in a single window ever? under any regime?

We never had a £30/35m windfall before.

Nor owners willing to chuck in £20 million of their personal fortune on transfers.

I know you are quite militant, but most would be pleasantly surprised to see us actually spending just the Carroll money.

Maybe you should refresh yourself with the thread at the time when people were saying we'd be lucky to see 10 of it. (still time yet like :lol: )

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or does anyone think when they hear or read the incessant shite about spending the Carroll money that nobody poses the simple question of if he hadn't been sold does that mean we would have spent no money at all this summer?

We should have been planning a modest £20m anyway so as far as I'm concerned anything less than £50m is just another bullshit Ashley waste of time - and that's before departures are considered.

the truth about your man and the bollocks spoken of him here and elsewhere, is about to be revealed this summer to all those who STILL are totally blind, blinkered, or can't bring themselves to admit they were and still are spouting shite.

the truth about your man and the bollocks spoken of him here and elsewhere, is about to be revealed this summer to all those who STILL are totally blind, blinkered, or can't bring themselves to admit they were and still are spouting shite.

Fuck off with the your man shit you stupid non-post reading imbecile

Fuck off with the your man shit you stupid non-post reading imbecile

I speak the truth, shithead.

"Windfall" ... he's sold our best striker FFS. And we WON'T see the money.

We had owners who did what you are wanting now, but you and others fucking mock them and degrade what they did. Tosspots.

Edited by LeazesMag

I've a feeling someone is going to look very stupid come september.....LM.

And alot of people will be pleasantly suprised too. Me and CT however will not be suprised but maybe a bit smug. :lol:

EDIT: Who have i got that £50 charity bet on with that our net spend will be over £10mil?

Edited by Tioté's Nutz

Nor owners willing to chuck in £20 million of their personal fortune on transfers.

I know you are quite militant, but most would be pleasantly surprised to see us actually spending just the Carroll money.

Maybe you should refresh yourself with the thread at the time when people were saying we'd be lucky to see 10 of it. (still time yet like :lol: )

What will happen to all the tv money? pay off debts?

And alot of people will be pleasantly suprised too. Me and CT however will not be suprised but maybe a bit smug. :lol:

EDIT: Who have i got that £50 charity bet on with that our net spend will be over £10mil?

The smart money is on you and CT looking stupid from now to September, and beyond tbf. I don't know how many times Mike Ashley needs to slap the pair of you across the face with his cock before you finally come to your senses.

The smart money is on you and CT looking stupid from now to September, and beyond tbf. I don't know how many times Mike Ashley needs to slap the pair of you across the face with his cock before you finally come to your senses.

One likes balls on the chin and the other likes a cock in the mouth by the looks of it.

indeed. How much of the Carroll money proves you "right" ?

straight in the bollocks with that one

Im quite happy to let Chez be the judge of whether its being a good progressive window and whether we start next season a better team than we finished it.

Are you?

When did Ashley spend £20m of his own money on transfers?

Im quite happy to let Chez be the judge of whether its being a good progressive window and whether we start next season a better team than we finished it.

Are you?

I'm sure Chez is a good lad and talks sense sometimes, which he does, but I'll make my own judgement on that and it will be based on actual performances on the pitch over the course of the season.

However, being the positive minded person that I am, I don't consider survival as being success.

If he makes the changes and sells the players as looks likely, your superstar scout is going to have his work cut out.

When did Ashley spend £20m of his own money on transfers?

didnt say he had. NJS thinks we should have that on top of the 35 mill. If we lost money or broke even last year, the only place it can come from is the owners pockets.

Are you?

I'm sure Chez is a good lad and talks sense sometimes, which he does, but I'll make my own judgement on that and it will be based on actual performances on the pitch over the course of the season.

However, being the positive minded person that I am, I don't consider survival as being success.

If he makes the changes and sells the players as looks likely, your superstar scout is going to have his work cut out.

The problem is you wont :D

As previously, you'll bottle setting some sort of target of whether the club is progressing so that you have your fall back position.

We all know this.

Are you?

The problem is you wont :D

As previously, you'll bottle setting some sort of target of whether the club is progressing so that you have your fall back position.

We all know this.

what's the aim again ? 10th ?

To be fair, I'm over the moon with Cabaye and Gervinho. Like CT, I've seen neither of them play but they seem to be getting talked up as bargains, so fingers crossed nothing derails them.

I'm of the opinion this is a good piece of PR from the club. The club know that there's little faith in them so they've gone out and made some good moves to show they have intent in the transfer market. This can do the public sale of season tickets about to start no harm. If people think the Carroll money is being spent they'll be much more inclined to buy season tickets.

Unfortunately, I think it's entirely disingenuous and come August we'll be selling the players we all fear are on their way. So it'll be 2 months of CT being this unbearable before we have our clear out....which will recoup much of what is spent.

To be fair, I'm over the moon with Cabaye and Gervinho. Like CT, I've seen neither of them play but they seem to be getting talked up as bargains, so fingers crossed nothing derails them.

I'm of the opinion this is a good piece of PR from the club. The club know that there's little faith in them so they've gone out and made some good moves to show they have intent in the transfer market. This can do the public sale of season tickets about to start no harm. If people think the Carroll money is being spent they'll be much more inclined to buy season tickets.

Unfortunately, I think it's entirely disingenuous and come August we'll be selling the players we all fear are on their way. So it'll be 2 months of CT being this unbearable before we have our clear out....which will recoup much of what is spent.

:lol:

I'll try and contain myself, but it has been an interesting firth week of the close season.

Im sure it will quieten down.

didnt say he had. NJS thinks we should have that on top of the 35 mill. If we lost money or broke even last year, the only place it can come from is the owners pockets.

Leaving aside his comment post Keegan about putting that in, I was just stating that a summer with zero outlay would have been a disaster waiting to happen, I then mentioned a figure I think equates to a modest amount out of summer cash flow that should have been spent anyway. Last summer we did spend a bit of money when the financial position was a lot bleaker than it is now which is why I think he should protect his investment more.

The Carroll money is a convenient excuse/cover-up for the usual cop-out.

I wouldn't be surprised if post Enrique/Barton/other departures we end up with very little being spent net.

Some of the mooted signings look promising but overall I'd be pleasantly surprised if we start next season with a stronger team/squad.

And alot of people will be pleasantly suprised too. Me and CT however will not be suprised but maybe a bit smug. ;)

A net spend of more than 10mil proves me right you wrinkley boring prick.

Gemmil your names on the list of lookin stupid already tbf.

We will spend 20mil plus.....all the noises from the club in the transfer market are the right ones and still thats not good enough for you and all the other boring tossers on here.

A net spend including the Carroll money from january?

So £45m spent?

No Tom LM asked me what would prove me right and i was talkin about the bet i have on with someone on here that we will have a net spend of more than 10mil.

However, i do agree that we SHOULD be spending all of that 35mil AND 15-20 mil of FMA's own money. I dont think that will happen though.