Henderson to Liverpool

Guest alex

Couldn't care less what he won or didn't win anywhere else. For Liverpool he's always been a winner, player and manager. I doubt the core fans will ever be on his back, he owes us nothing and has given us some of the greatest days and nights a football fan could hope to expect. I personally think Kenny will take us back in to Europe, hopefully the CL, can't stand the way the UEFA cup has gone, it's less than the League Cup now, and our not being in it this coming season is the best thing that could've happened at the present time.

But the 1st of September is the best time to judge clubs squads and debate where they might finish, not a fortnight before the window even opens officially.

Fair play, nobody is expecting you to turn on a club legend, but I think you are in for a tough time of it this season. Your fortunes improved last season because the players and fans both wanted Dalglish and got him (and because you sold Torres.) But your squad has a lot of dross that needs shifting and is weak in several key areas, and meanwhile King Kenny is blowing 20m on an extremely underwhelming midfielder who wasn't particularly good for club or country, and of course he has something of a history of being pretty awful in the transfer market.

I think it'll be a while before you're having those 'magical European nights' again. You have that in common with us.

Erm..... other than the fact it's only 6 years since they won the champions league, and have won it a total of 5 times, then... hang on.......

:blush::D :D

DELUDED!!!

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't care less what he won or didn't win anywhere else. For Liverpool he's always been a winner, player and manager. I doubt the core fans will ever be on his back, he owes us nothing and has given us some of the greatest days and nights a football fan could hope to expect. I personally think Kenny will take us back in to Europe, hopefully the CL, can't stand the way the UEFA cup has gone, it's less than the League Cup now, and our not being in it this coming season is the best thing that could've happened at the present time.

But the 1st of September is the best time to judge clubs squads and debate where they might finish, not a fortnight before the window even opens officially.

Fair play, nobody is expecting you to turn on a club legend, but I think you are in for a tough time of it this season. Your fortunes improved last season because the players and fans both wanted Dalglish and got him (and because you sold Torres.) But your squad has a lot of dross that needs shifting and is weak in several key areas, and meanwhile King Kenny is blowing 20m on an extremely underwhelming midfielder who wasn't particularly good for club or country, and of course he has something of a history of being pretty awful in the transfer market.

I think it'll be a while before you're having those 'magical European nights' again. You have that in common with us.

Erm..... other than the fact it's only 6 years since they won the champions league, and have won it a total of 5 times, then... hang on.......

DELUDED!!!

are you posting that on the way to europe for a holiday via Newcastle airport shithead ? :icon_lol:

Your inferiority complex is rearing its ugly head, remind us again how many european ties sunderland have played in ?

Edited by LeazesMag

DELUDED!!!

Did you misread? I didn't say magical European nights were in common with us, I said it'll be a while before either of our clubs are having them again.

And then there's your lot, who...hang on.....

Shola Ameobi (12) has scored 7 more goals in European competition than Sunderland AFC (5).

Don't talk about Europe mackem.

My post was aimed at the delusion of your fans, who think they can compare themselves to Liverpool in europe. :blush:

But seeing as you've brought records up, how many league titles you won?

Did you misread? I didn't say magical European nights were in common with us, I said it'll be a while before either of our clubs are having them again.

I misunderstood nowt, you basically suggested that you've shared 'magical european nights' with Liverpool, which is utter shite.

Shola Ameobi (12) has scored 7 more goals in European competition than Sunderland AFC (5).

Don't talk about Europe mackem.

My post was aimed at the delusion of your fans, who think they can compare themselves to Liverpool in europe. :blush:

But seeing as you've brought records up, how many league titles you won?

ATP didn't compare us to Liverpool in terms of Europe.

Read again, boy.

Does it really matter? Both our trophy hauls we ages ago. (Strange how you didn't mention F.A cups or european trophies first like :D )

3 of you league titles were in the 1800's for fucks sake. :blush:

All we have to go on is recent achievements.

Additional to this you have misread my friend acrossthepond's post. Read it properly!

I misunderstood nowt, you basically suggested that you've shared 'magical european nights' with Liverpool, which is utter shite.

I would say that beating Barcelona 3-2, Bellamy's last minute winner in Feyenoord and beating Juventus were all magical Champions League nights we've experienced.

And you'd know all about those 'Magical Europeans' wouldn't you pal! Got you pegged (innuendo implied)

Also, i'd say we've had a fair few more stunning matches in that range than your lot could even count (assuming you can count)

Catch you in Milan matey

Here's a little bit of Magic for you.

I remember showing this to my mate who's an A.C Milan fan and he was stunned about how much of the ground we took up. 12'000 fans over there - nearly as many empty seats as SAFC were getting at the time!

If across the pond is right in thinking Liverpool are in for a tough time next season, we might as well toss in the towel now.

Unless tough refers to them breaking into the top four, which is a pipe dream for us.

Does it really matter? Both our trophy hauls we ages ago. (Strange how you didn't mention F.A cups or european trophies first like :D )

3 of you league titles were in the 1800's for fucks sake. :blush:

All we have to go on is recent achievements.

Additional to this you have misread my friend acrossthepond's post. Read it properly!

Not when you think how much more important the league title is. :D

And I'm still not convinced I read his post wrong, on the contrary I think I read it how he wishes to believe it, however untrue...

Ok I'll explain - He's saying that Newcastle & Liverpool wont be seeing any magical european nights in the near future - that's what we have in common - that we wont qualify.

Here's another cool video :blush:

I was right behind the goal in the leazes end for this. Amazing but as youth my and my brother and several others kept shouting out abuse at Buffon's pink top!

We won the match 1-0. Griffin scored. Due to some odd Champions League rule we were playing in our away kit at home!

And you'd know all about those 'Magical Europeans' wouldn't you pal! Got you pegged (innuendo implied)

Also, i'd say we've had a fair few more stunning matches in that range than your lot could even count (assuming you can count)

Catch you in Milan matey

Where's it all left you though? You spunked vast amounts of money away, have absolutely nothing to show for it, and are now suffering for the lack of leadership of your previous owners. Not to mention your new one's, who employed a manager simply to pay off his gambling debt to the chief exec... :blush:

You spunked vast amounts of money away

You've spent more Net. Where has it left you?

No European football, no title challenges, no real star players, no cup finals, 2 finishes in the top 10, empty stadium, 2 record relegations etc etc.

Ok I'll explain - He's saying that Newcastle & Liverpool wont be seeing any magical european nights in the near future - that's what we have in common - that we wont qualify.

Here's another cool video :blush:

I was right behind the goal in the leazes end for this. Amazing but as youth my and my brother and several others kept shouting out abuse at Buffon's pink top!

We won the match 1-0. Griffin scored. Due to some odd Champions League rule we were playing in our away kit at home!

But that's nonsense though isn't it. Liverpool have a far greater chance of qualifying than you.

Yes, they are more likely to qualify, but I am saying that they will not (and neither will we.)

Only a mackem would take this long to understand something so simple. You can disagree with my prediction, but you're not even getting that far because you're too thick to properly understand it.

Last time (only time) Sunderland AFC were in Europe: 1974.

Last time NUFC were in Europe: 2006.

It's better to have walked the heights and fallen then never to have risen, my good mackem. :blush:

You spunked vast amounts of money away

You've spent more Net. Where has it left you?

No European football, no title challenges, no real star players, no cup finals, 2 finishes in the top 10, empty stadium, 2 record relegations etc etc.

Somehow I doubt that. We may have never had the things you've mentioned, but we've also never paid a player £1.3 million a goal