Striking Snivel Servants

LoveTheBobby

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know they're complaining about their pensions but haven't seen any details as to what they're being offered and how that compares to the private sector.

Well wor lass aint on strike today (teacher, wrong union tho) but quite a few of her colleagues are. Basically they are being asked to pay in more for a lower final ammount. "Had on" I hear you cry, "that sounds terrible". Well it would be if their pension wouldnt STILL be better than the best private sector pensions.

No sympathy for em'. As LTB said, get in the real fuckin world peeps!! Every fucka else is having to make cuts and savings so why not your fuckin lot?

Well I was on Nightshift last night and between the kids being off through the one day strike and some builders outside my house I've had about 2.5 hours kip.* I'm knackered. I used to have a final salary pension where it was gratis, I put nothing into it, but of course it had to change, tough shitski as they say behind the iron curtain.

*Of course I wasn't woken by the kids but by the Wife with the all time fucking classic, "YOU'S BETTER BE QUIET! YOUR DAD'S IN BED!!" Never bastard fails. :)

If it were my union who was voting about the future of our pensions (with the belief we were going to be worse off, work longer, for less) I'm confident more than just 35% of those eligible would get off their backsides to cast their vote. Incredible.

It's their own time they're wasting.

:rolleyes: shot !

been a bugbear of mine for years whenever these lot get the plackards out. on lunch earlier and had to negotiate the mob around monument gobshiting and bleating. a kid infront of me as we snaked through crowd was shouting down the speaker "GET BACK TO WORK ... YOUR PENSIONS AREN'T FAIR" . laughing, i turned and gave it a "well said that man" . all that was uttered interms of a comeback from the folk around was 'oh shutup' . now given the supposed emotive subject it is to them and how so fucking hard done by the soft lot are i expected something wholly more confrontational surely ! pathetic bunch .

a burgeoning overstaffed civil service to keep employment sweet, all standing about the water machines having their gossip, flexi fucking time, special buses laid on to take them to work, general unaccountability for what they actually DO, overtime at a whim etc etc . the country's bent over to keep majority these clowns in employ for years - seriously get a look around you clueless swipecarding, health and safety adhering robotic, selfish, grey, boring deluded (on the whole useless) plebs.

Most of them institutionalised from being under the public sector duvet for years. They'd curl up and die if had to hack it in the private sector ! (y'know - where you have to actually DO shit, and by a certain time, and to a certain standard, and without unions, and without 'have t ask me liine managaa' , and without a health and safety test for where youre paper clips are on your cunting desk, ... otherwise you get sacked. Or the company no longer becomes financially viable due to the lame calibre of the workforce, or even worse - you get made redundant .

YOU HEARD !

.. phew . . anyone fancy a cuppa ? :)

I know they're complaining about their pensions but haven't seen any details as to what they're being offered and how that compares to the private sector.

Well wor lass aint on strike today (teacher, wrong union tho) but quite a few of her colleagues are. Basically they are being asked to pay in more for a lower final ammount. "Had on" I hear you cry, "that sounds terrible". Well it would be if their pension wouldnt STILL be better than the best private sector pensions.

No sympathy for em'. As LTB said, get in the real fuckin world peeps!! Every fucka else is having to make cuts and savings so why not your fuckin lot?

This TBH.

I got fucked over with my final salary pension about 5 years ago and then again a couple of years back. I pay more in, I'll work longer and I'll get less out of it. When I discussed it at the time with people I know working public sector, the attitude was along the lines of "tough shit, that's what you get for working in the private sector".

What goes around, comes around. I've fuck all sympathy and it's time they got fucking real.

Besides, it's the workshy nature of the indigenous population that makes us such an attractive destination for job-seeking immigrants in the first place.

Nice of Leazes to sidetrack this thread on the very first page though, it saves us getting emotionally invested in it only for the inevitable to happen 17 pages in. :)

more venom hurled at public servants than there is at workshy immigrants.....

How long will it take Rob to come along I wonder

i like you mate, but honestly, in this instance - 'get with the programme' man

Fair enough, it was for Rob tbh.

Does anybody think MPs are nothing but glorified Civil Servants ?

This TBH.

I got fucked over with my final salary pension about 5 years ago and then again a couple of years back. I pay more in, I'll work longer and I'll get less out of it. When I discussed it at the time with people I know working public sector, the attitude was along the lines of "tough shit, that's what you get for working in the private sector".

What goes around, comes around. I've fuck all sympathy and it's time they got fucking real.

Never understood the "Your public pension deserves to be as shit as my private pension" attitude.

Surely private pensions should be improved, not the other way round.

Oh...and we aren't all facing tough times Axman. those in the highest tax bracket aren't being asked to tighten their belts one iota. It's this tax bracket that holds most of the people that got us into the current shitstorm....most of whom have superb private pensions.

more venom hurled at public servants than there is at workshy immigrants.....

How long will it take Rob to come along I wonder

i like you mate, but honestly, in this instance - 'get with the programme' man

Fair enough, it was for Rob tbh.

Does anybody think MPs are nothing but glorified Civil Servants ?

sorry mate - didn't mean to sound a prick , it's just these twonks've got me back up !

*bit cuddle n that*

Oh...and we aren't all facing tough times Axman. those in the highest tax bracket aren't being asked to tighten their belts one iota. It's this tax bracket that holds most of the people that got us into the current shitstorm...

Apart from being taxed at 50%?

Oh...and we aren't all facing tough times Axman. those in the highest tax bracket aren't being asked to tighten their belts one iota. It's this tax bracket that holds most of the people that got us into the current shitstorm...

Apart from being taxed at 50%?

There is that. Good old Labour! :)

This TBH.

Never understood the "Your public pension deserves to be as shit as my private pension" attitude.

I hereby call a strike where public- and private-sector workers unite to demand the moon on a stick.

This TBH.

Oh...and we aren't all facing tough times Axman. those in the highest tax bracket aren't being asked to tighten their belts one iota. It's this tax bracket that holds most of the people that got us into the current shitstorm....most of whom have superb private pensions.

this is actually what I think too.

Difficult problem yes, but that should surely be the aim, but as usual, they just make cuts. And as HF says, the mega rich fuckers who voted for this suffer very little impact themselves.

Note to "doc", and the other thread about what I got through my letterbox, the use of the word "fuckers" :)

This TBH.

I hereby call a strike where public- and private-sector workers unite to demand the moon on a stick.

:)

Nae fucker wants to be a teacher though.

The same people that complain society is going to pot and kids are running wild also want to hammer one of the few perks left to people doing the job of bringing up our young uns.

Teachers, nurses, soldiers, firemen and that get the shitty end of the stick for doing the most important jobs there are and no-one does owt but complain about how shite they are and how they should get less. As if their moderate income is why we are in the shit.

The banks bailout could have paid for all the education in this country for 10 years.

Edited by Happy Face

This TBH.

Wouldn't that be fantastic? Not economically realistic in the least though.

And my attitude isn't that at all. I just fail to see why I should have to sympathise with those who effectively pointed and laughed some years previously.

When state pension was introduced in this country, life expectancy was considerably lower - around 68/69. People were expected to work until 65 and then have a retirement of 3 to 4 years - more if they were lucky but lets face it many never made it to retirement age.

As time has progressed, life expectancy and the population has increased but the pensionable age has remained at 65 - consequently the costs have escalated way beyond inflation and action has had to be taken in order to try to effect some level of sustainability. Many people have a retirement which can last 20-25 years.

The question I have yet to see suitably & convincingly answerwed by those organising this industrial action is what is the viable alternative? What do they expect instead. The argument I heard on the news this morning was "well the government have u-turned on other decisions so why not with this?" Cracking argument.

This TBH.

The same people that complain society is going to pot and kids are running wild also want to hammer one of the few perks left to people doing the job of bringing up our young uns.

Teachers, nurses, soldiers, firemen and that get the shitty end of the stick for doing the most important jobs there are and no-one does owt but complain about how shite they are and how they should get less. As if their moderate income is why we are in the shit.

The banks bailout could have paid for all the education in this country for 10 years.

:rolleyes:

This TBH.

This TBH.

Well that's hardly surprising given the shit they get off Leazes. :rolleyes: