Newcastle United - Chaos, Confusion and the Sound of Silence

Happy Face

In arranging any meeting or protests, we need to remember it is Ramadan & so should avoid anything to do with alcohol, or meeting after sunset in order to keep the campaign open to the sizeable number of Muslim Newcastle fans there are.

Yeah, my dealer's unavailable for a month as well.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In arranging any meeting or protests, we need to remember it is Ramadan & so should avoid anything to do with alcohol, or meeting after sunset in order to keep the campaign open to the sizeable number of Muslim Newcastle fans there are.

What ye on aboot ya daft cunt?

if we all stopped drinking and started thinking, things might improve!

protesting & going to game is fine - even if it might result in a few people thrown out i guess.

as for owners, we the fans morally own the clubs.

fuck the idea of a benevolent despot geordie billionaire doing what the fans want - that was the idiotic NU$C leaflet v Blackburn in Sept 08 position - impossible & ridiculous, as well as putting up the idea, from a certain scurrilous publication, that a vanguard of Nietzschean special ones could come forward to tell the owner what the fans want.

pie in the sky or not, Newcastle United should be owned 100% by fans.

It would be nice but the possibility of it happening not even a matter for debate, unfortunately.

I'm a Marxist Percy Main fan who loves The Fall; I'#m used to backing the outsider......

protesting & going to game is fine - even if it might result in a few people thrown out i guess.

fuck the idea of a benevolent despot geordie billionaire doing what the fans want - that was the idiotic NU$C leaflet v Blackburn in Sept 08 position - impossible & ridiculous, as well as putting up the idea, from a certain scurrilous publication, that a vanguard of Nietzschean special ones could come forward to tell the owner what the fans want.

It would be nice but the possibility of it happening not even a matter for debate, unfortunately.

I'm a Marxist Percy Main fan who loves The Fall; I'#m used to backing the outsider......

Prefer Heaton Stann and Husker Du mesel like.

in all seriousness, Newcastle United isn't simply about white, male, heterosexual Geordies; we live in a multi cultural, multi ethnic regional hub & fans' groups should reflect that

in all seriousness, Newcastle United isn't simply about white, male, heterosexual Geordies; we live in a multi cultural, multi ethnic regional hub & fans' groups should reflect that

I know that, I don't ring him during Ramadan out of respect. Seriously.

;)

MY NEAREST TEAM!

Love Husker Du, but prefer Grant Hart solo to Bob Mould I have to say

MY NEAREST TEAM!

Love Husker Du, but prefer Grant Hart solo to Bob Mould I have to say

Don't go and see them much these days like. Watch a bit of lercal football when I can though. Planning to go to a few more Whitley Bay games this year too. Fwiw I prefer the Grant Hart sung/penned tracks in general from when they were still in Husker Du as well. Sugar were canny, having said that.

"Many people including numerous highly qualified and experienced people..."

people people ;)

:D

I wonder what proportion of the people are are unqualified, unexperienced people.

The majority if results are anything to go by.

August 20th: Percy Main v Heaton Stann - biggest game in area that day?

Grant Hart more relaxed than Bob Mould I suppose.

Sugar were ok; had first album on Ipod as I cycled Tynemouth to town the other day - nice

Sugar were ok; had first album on Ipod as I cycled Tynemouth to town the other day - nice

Massive, massive match ;)

And aye, Copper Blue's a good album.

It's where I'll be that day, then the North Tyneside Allotment & Horticulture Show.

"Tilted" was a bit po-faced

It's where I'll be that day, then the North Tyneside Allotment & Horticulture Show.

"Tilted" was a bit po-faced

That's on Beaster. Recorded at the same time like. Be careful if you google that EP though.

Guest Your Name Here
Honestly think the only thing he'll listen to is a mass boycott of everything NUFC-related. It's literally the only thing he gives a shit about in relation to the fans. I also don't see this happening any time soon, sadly.

NUST or anything to do with it is a complete non-starter btw. They struggled for members at the height on the emotion resulting from Keegan's departure and they've done nothing but lose credibility since. Getting enough people to part with a tenner to make a change won't happen. You'd need an organisation to organise that in the first place anyway. Apathy is the biggest problem though, as with most things in society I suppose.

I don't think anyone was advocating the protests you're criticising though so I'm not sure how they're relevant.

boycotts don't hurt Ashley directly - they hurt employees on minimum wage, as if pies, pints & programmes go unsold, they get sacked, not Ashley.

The only way is to have a mass non-attendance of, say, a cup game - an empty ground may talk to him.

Spot on. It won’t break him financially but most battles are fought via the media and an empty SJP would sure as hell let the world know we’ve had enough of Ashley’s contempt for us and our club.

The cup game thing also means there can’t be any “I’ve already paid for my ticket” excuses - leaving only the pathetic “the players will be upset” excuse to deal with.

I can’t speak for anybody else but it would be good to put up some kind of fight instead of rolling over and let Ashley shit all over us with complete impunity.

I'm so disappointed with the trust. They have been silent for months and now they rear their heads to give some toothless quote because renewal time is here.

I'm a founder member from the very beginning of the NUSC days, and Im not renewing this year.

Ok, serious response.....

As I see it there are 2 possible ways forward for Newcastle fans, neither of which involves a half arsed, pissed bunch of mongs gesticulating at the club offices on saturday week.

There needs to be a meeting called of all fan groups; the 3 fanzines, various blogs, messageboards and other groups. representatives from each aren't elected, but show willingness by their passion. get together and thrash out a sort of joint way forward - like the Irish left did in the recent election there.

Use the energy & consensus to either set up a loose amalgam of a republic of letters to bring pressure on board with regular, organised, disciplined protests - not pissed shoe waving or crap ideas like the Poznan.

If a consensus like this can't be achieved, then en masse, rejoin NUST & take it over, then return it to its campaigning original ideals (not the terrible NU$C idea though).

We need to be organised, united & equal - no egos or media darlings wanted.

What about a drive by fruiting?

The only way is to have a mass non-attendance of, say, a cup game - an empty ground may talk to him.

Surely the Fiorentina game is the most appropriate for such a mass non-attendance - not competitive and therefore does not hit the team but still sends a huge message. Won't ever happen though. :lol:

Surely the Fiorentina game is the most appropriate for such a mass non-attendance - not competitive and therefore does not hit the team but still sends a huge message. Won't ever happen though. :lol:

It would be if there wasn't going to be zero media coverage of it.

Like a loveless marriage 20 years in, I'll lie in bed with the person I despise and occassionally have a little dig..."fat cow"...and wait for them to die.

All this talk of protest and divorce...it's not British.