overclocking e4500

DEADMAN

hi i have the following spec pc componants: e4500 cpu 2.20 ghz im currently running at 2.75 motherboard is a asus p5k-e wifi board

anyone know how i can push it to 3.0 ghz or higher

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be able to hit 3ghz i'd have thought without much problem, but it's not just down to your cpu, mobo/ram can hold you back as well remember.

whats your vcore and such set at? 1.3 should be safe enough even with a basic fan/heatsink]

Drop your multiplier to 10 and up the fsb to 300 see if its stable, bump the voltage up a bit if you need to, overclockings a lot of trial and error to find where the limits of your ram/cpu are and what you can manage stably

Deadman's going to burn hIs house down, man!

right the safest setting i could get was my multiplier set on 11.0 and my fsb set to 250 which gives me 2.75ghz but as soon as i try and increase the fsb it fails to boot what could be causing it to hit its limit the v core i think is 1.4v

Edited by DEADMAN

right i have had to reset my bios using the battery method you know taking the battery out then putting it back in cause it went to far and what happens if its pushed to far it does a power off on thing

next to the battery theres a little plastic plug er im trying to think what its called clrtc in the manual it says that if i put that plug in the right pins theres 3 pins and the plug is currently in the two left pins does that reset the bios easier

Is this conversation actually happening?

Exactly!! D'MAN would be working at Bletchley Park if it was 1942!!!!

lol busted ya codes fuckin german cunterheads hehehe

:D

I'm starting to think deadman is on the windup here

stress test your system

Euphemism?

not exactly.

its easy to overclock and boot to a stable desktop.

however once you put your system under load by playing a game or burning discs your 'overclock' can then become unstable.

so its a good idea to test it