Sammy Ameobi

LeazesMag

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, there's no way they're related.

Shola is one of the laziest people I've seen and I'm not just talking about in football. Infact my lass is the only one keeping him off bottom.

Sammy's bombing down wings, helping out in defence.

As a matter of interest, has Shola scored from outside the box before?

Shola is one of the laziest people I've seen and I'm not just talking about in football. Infact my lass is the only one keeping him off bottom.

probably, I don;t know. Thats not necessarily a bad thing, most goals are scored inside the box, but I was quite impressed with the control and determination of his younger brother and I'm quite interested to see how he performs next time.

Stroller scored a belter from outside the box against Chelsea a few seasons back (he may have got 2 in that game, can't quite remember).

Stroller scored a belter from outside the box against Chelsea a few seasons back (he may have got 2 in that game, can't quite remember).

Last Season.

He scored a long shot & a header.

For the record, I'm not slagging Shola off because he's never scored from outside the box. It's because he's lazy.

everybody else slags him off for anything they can think of. Except taking penalties.

For the record, I'm not slagging Shola off because he's never scored from outside the box. It's because he's lazy.

everybody else slags him off for anything they can think of. Except taking penalties.

..and the Makems. Always ups his game for them.

Honestly think Shola's new contract was (at least in part) designed to get his brother to sign up.

Funny enough i thought that as well last night when Pardew mentioned Shola staying at the club and being able to help Sammy keep his feet grounded.

We were considerably better when Sammy and Vuckic came on last night, they wanted the ball on the deck at their feet and it made a massive difference, i'd happily have either on ahead of shola/lovelyhands/etc

Yes and no, really the only thing Vuckic changed was the fact our midfield were no longer half the length of the pitch away from our forwards as the defence kept lumping it up field.

Sammy on the other hand should be in the squad whenever fit and given every opportunity, until he becomes a lazy cunt like his brother.

• 3 weeks later...

Has shown more than any of the other forward/striking options, in the form technique, athleticism (tough one-on-one match-up, on the ball), and workrate. And the lad is chomping at the bit as well, and this (coupled with his raw ability) should be harnessed to the optimum capacity, rather than play it safe with him ie.a take it slowly with development type of approach .

Right now............Outside of the notable remnants of Hughton's former & now dismantled team, young Ameobi would be the first name included on my teamsheet.

Edited by Year Zero

Has shown more than the other forward/striking options, in the form technique, athleticism (tough one-on-one match-up, on the ball), and workrate. And the lad is chomping at the bit, and this should be harnessed to the optimum.

Right now............Outside of the notable remnants of Hughton's former & now dismantled team, young Ameobi would be the first name included on my teamsheet.

Spot on.

Looks far more 'up for it' than his brother does, yet his brother is the one getting the games. Experience and scoring records count for nothing when you're playing as badly as Shola is. Even if Sammy's shooting is not up to the required level, his attitude and willingness to force the opposition's defenders to have to work hard and concentrate on him will create space and make them less comfortable.

The only time defenders have to really worry about Shola is when he's going for an air ball.

After witnessing that performance last night, I'd rather risk younger players (the likes of Vuckic, Sammy, Abeid, Ferguson, Richardson, Donaldson, Dummett) than continue with ineffectual players with experience on their side.

I cant see how anyone can possibly be to harsh on sholadinho. Hes beyond shit now, calling him that would be an insult to all the small shits coming out of dogs across the country.

How anyone offered him a contract worth more than an apple a day and a part-time lease on a bike baffles me.

Edited by Saltwater

Has shown more than the other forward/striking options, in the form technique, athleticism (tough one-on-one match-up, on the ball), and workrate. And the lad is chomping at the bit, and this should be harnessed to the optimum.

Spot on.

Looks far more 'up for it' than his brother does, yet his brother is the one getting the games. Experience and scoring records count for nothing when you're playing as badly as Shola is. Even if Sammy's shooting is not up to the required level, his attitude and willingness to force the opposition's defenders to have to work hard and concentrate on him will create space and make them less comfortable.

The only time defenders have to really worry about Shola is when he's going for an air ball.

After witnessing that performance last night, I'd rather risk younger players (the likes of Vuckic, Sammy, Abeid, Ferguson, Richardson, Donaldson, Dummett) than continue with ineffectual players with experience on their side.

I wonder how they'd perform when we're still using the same tactics that we have been recently? Btw Donaldson is absolute dogshit. So I'd rather we didn't get him a chance.

Spot on.

I wonder how they'd perform when we're still using the same tactics that we have been recently? Btw Donaldson is absolute dogshit. So I'd rather we didn't get him a chance.

Fair point. I was just viewing it from a simplistic angle.

Not really seen much of Donaldson to be honest, only mentioned him because he seems to be one of the higher profile 'development squad' players. I'll take your word for it.