They were all right...

Tooj

Pardew said: 'The one thing I said to Mike yesterday was, "Look, if this boy is going to go, this money has to be reinvested in the team, all of it", and he has assured me of that.

“I was settled, happy and I adored the supporters.

“I was captain of a huge club and played with a smashing group of lads I had untold respect for.

“But ultimately I was forced out because I lost trust in key people at the club and when you lose trust in people it’s almost impossible to ­regain it.

“From January and shortly following the sale of Andy Carroll to ­Liverpool, I was involved in ongoing discussions about signing a new contract ­between four and five years.

“I discussed the deal at length with managing ­director Derek Llambias and even shook hands on it.

“In my book when you do that man-to-man you expect them to see it through.

“But what we talked about and what they finally offered me was laughable. They did a U-turn on what we agreed They showed me no ­respect. I felt totally betrayed.

“Then they had the nerve to claim I rejected a new contract. What contract? A deferred option to increase my deal by 12 months with a bonus that hinged on the ­success of the team on the pitch the following season.

“Perhaps I was just naive. I thought I had a good relationship with the board.

“But when it all came to a head in the summer I knew my time was coming to an end.

I had given the club everything but they didn’t want to give me anything in return, just broken promises. I ­simply couldn’t work with people like that. There was no way back for me.”

He wrote on Twitter: "The club is allowing all the major players of the team to go. Seriously, do you think it is the fault of the players? Andy [Carroll], nobby [Kevin Nolan] etc etc. This club will never again fight to be among the top six again with this policy."

"If only we as players could tell the fans exactly how it is, without them above fining us lots of money,” said Barton. There will be a time and a place.

“If it wouldn't effect team morale and cause unrest within the dressing room, am certain Jose's comments would be the tip of the iceberg..... “And again it would be left to those magnificent fans to pick up the remnants of their once great football club.”

KEVIN KEEGAN reckons Newcastle boss Alan Pardew will not see a penny of Andy Carroll's £35million transfer fee.

Toon owner Mike Ashley has promised the money raised from Carroll's deadline day move to Liverpool will be invested on new players in the summer.

But former Tyne idol Keegan warned: "I thought at the time 'Alan, you ain't going to get any of that'."

“[Managing director] Derek [Llambias] asked me to hand in a transfer request, so I was pushed into a corner and had no choice. I wasn’t wanted by them and they made it clear they wanted the money.

Then I flew down in (owner Mike Ashley’s) helicopter. I didn’t want to leave.

I’m gutted that I wasn’t wanted at my home team after everything I have done and the progress I have made.

I didn’t want to leave at all. Make sure they know I didn’t want to leave.”

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I normally put a good amount of money into the club - home and away.

I'm not bothered this season, happy I haven't bought the tops. Will take the free tickers I get but I wont put a penny in if he wont spend it.

Ironically enough, I've just put my iPod on random, and the first song it plays is "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" by Stevie Wonder. :clapping:

Edited by Jonny2J

Seeing as though none of the money has been put back into the team, and pretty much all the high earners bar Alan smith have been removed, I'd be very intrested to know what the wage bill is now, and how much of the 100mil no intrest loan has the fat useless c**t repaid himself

QUOTE(Christmas Tree @ Aug 31 2011, 09:28 AM)

I just have this sneaky feeling we are going to pull something big out of the bag today

A Kebab

:clapping:

:clapping:

There is one simple fact that highlights the seriousness of our current situation with Ashley in charge.

Our net spend for this summer was £300,000.

Let's forget about agent fees and boreholes etc, with reference to the first quote in the opening post.

We've got £34,700,000 that has not been spent on the team. That is simply astonishing and completely inexcusable.

Now that the deadline has gone and we havent reinvested all that money from that carroll deal in new players, i am absolutely fuming. Only thing that can make me feel better is if we're now allowed to torture members of team positive who kept giving false hope. Or if the mods change their usernames to Cunts or something on those lines.

ARghhhhhhhhhhhhhpbehkjbtgirtv! You fat bastard :clapping:

I just have this sneaky feeling we are going to pull something big out of the bag today

Please CT, I know it won't make a tuppeny jizz difference to your 'positive' outlook generally, but when it specifically comes to Ashley/Llambias having any regard for the needs of the team, you're not entitled to give them the benefit of the doubt anymore. What has just happened on the striker front is utterly without justification given the myriad options available to us since January.

Pardew's management, the club's finances, our chances in the next game, how many cheeseburgers you can eat at halftime; carry on with your positive outlook by all means, but not when it comes to assuming the actual needs of the team will be afforded any kind of priority.

They've sold the entire team short today by not bringing a forward in. The amount of wasted energy and creativity this season in getting the ball into shooting positions which will just not translate into goals hardly bears thinking about. Completely inexcusable even on a modest budget.

Please CT, I know it won't make a tuppeny jizz difference to your 'positive' outlook generally, but when it specifically comes to Ashley/Llambias having any regard for the needs of the team, you're not entitled to give them the benefit of the doubt anymore. What has just happened on the striker front is utterly without justification given the myriad options available to us since January.

Pardew's management, the club's finances, our chances in the next game, how many cheeseburgers you can eat at halftime; carry on with your positive outlook by all means, but not when it comes to assuming the actual needs of the team will be afforded any kind of priority.

They've sold the entire team short today by not bringing a forward in. The amount of wasted energy and creativity this season in getting the ball into shooting positions which will just not translate into goals hardly bears thinking about. Completely inexcusable even on a modest budget.

Aye. You fat beast.

Seems to me that Ashley is taking every opportunity to hit the fans where it hurts since his family was threatened with violence after KK was sacked. He has systematically sold every player with whom the fans have struck up a rapore, i.e. Carroll, Enrique, Nolan, Barton to name a few. We all know that next out the door in january will be Colo and possibly Jonas and maybe even Tiote too. We have had 8 months to find a new number 9 but we have consistently bid below the asking price so failure was virtually guaranteed. We are now without a number 9 and it strikes me that Ashley must know how important it is for the fans to have an iconic number 9 who they can worship. What better way to take even further revenge on the fans by simply not replacing the number 9. In my book Ashley has effectively retired the number 9 shirt out of spite!

Edited by Brazilianbob