Obertan: Earths' gravity is no match for him.

Park Life

Good by his standards, mebbies. Thought he grafted a bit more than usual which was a good sign. He's so frustrating though. Obviously no football brain lurking inside his bulbous cranium.

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched the game. Thought Obertan was adequate - some good moments, a couple of good crosses, better application tackling back etc - altogether an improvement on previous efforts. Not as shite as usual and glimpses of a canny player there - imo if he carries on improving he could become a good player. If that's as good as he gets then we could do better imo

i fucking love jonas me. his style of play encapsulates our success this season - he battles, defends, never stops running, must be a nightmare to play against.

he's not the most expansive winger we've ever had and his delivery can be hit or miss but he still gets his fair share of crosses in. and i love the way he takes the pressure off his full back by keeping hold of the ball, going on a mazy run and tracking back.

he obviously loves playing for us too, which is a bonus. that's another thing i like about this team. it's a bunch of players that seem to recognise that it's a privilege to wear the shirt, not a chore.

i fucking love jonas me. his style of play encapsulates our success this season - he battles, defends, never stops running, must be a nightmare to play against.

he's not the most expansive winger we've ever had and his delivery can be hit or miss but he still gets his fair share of crosses in. and i love the way he takes the pressure off his full back by keeping hold of the ball, going on a mazy run and tracking back.

he obviously loves playing for us too, which is a bonus. that's another thing i like about this team. it's a bunch of players that seem to recognise that it's a privilege to wear the shirt, not a chore.

Agreed.

In any case, if he had end product he'd be playing for one of the top sides in the world so it's a moot point.

Obertan's a fucking coward as well. Another one to add to his list of whatever the opposite of attributes is.

Faults? Foibles?

Faults'll do like ;)

Sometimes retaining posession is a good idea though, rather than a speculative cross into a box no-one's in yet...and if you're pulling 3 players out of the game you're doing summat right.

Did it a few times yesterday to release pressure. It's invaluable as, the way we lined up, he was the only player we had who was really capable of doing that. It relieved the pressure a few times in the dying stages of the game. He's keeping 'Shane' out the side though, so he's shit :rolleyes:

Aye, did it great yesterday, lost the ball and they scored. :razz:

Agreed.

In any case, if he had end product he'd be playing for one of the top sides in the world so it's a moot point.

I forgive him the lack of decisive cross a lot of the time on account of the fact he's often chased the ball in both directions before delivering it. ie tracking back to pick it up and then the other way at goal. Or from right back off his full backs toes in any event. Different altogether than (and this is not having a go at the likes of Ben Arfa by any means) waiting to receive it just over half way and then straight out of your feet into space. The guy's got someone on his shoulder practically every pace he takes given the shift he puts in.

Hey CT, have you got any more highlights of Ferguson? its just...you only seem to have that one video as your justification for thinking he should be starting over a player pretty much everyone but you is happy with

edit: and its only 20 seconds long and shows the same thing twice and since people are arguing about his physique he only actually gets touched by one person who sends him off the pitch, hes not just going to be able to avoid players for 90 minutes every week

Surely you can work you tube :)

Heres a snippet from that Chelsea game.......

Ferguson filled in for Gutierrez on the left of the Newcastle midfield and proved to be more than an adequate stand-in for his Argentinean colleague. He was fearless in possession, looked to run at his opponent and linked up well with Jose Enrique.

Just watched the game. Thought Obertan was adequate - some good moments, a couple of good crosses, better application tackling back etc - altogether an improvement on previous efforts. Not as shite as usual and glimpses of a canny player there - imo if he carries on improving he could become a good player. If that's as good as he gets then we could do better imo

Pretty much spot on that.

Pretty much spot on that.

Shit, CT agrees with me! ;)