Obertan: Earths' gravity is no match for him.

Park Life

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really pleased with Obertan today. When he gets the ball, I get a tad excited and think something is going to happen. Total contrast to the other wing where the pair of them just fanny around 90% of the time.

Jonas is in dire need of a rest. Send him to the Bahamas for a few weeks to re-charge his batteries and let the Shaninator loose.

Obertan is only 22 and looks dangerous each time he gets the ball.

The bottom line is that he has pace and can get into the right position. The ability to make the final killer ball will come, especially with a couple of strikers who are prepared to move.

Jonas receives the ball and then just waits for the opposition to come to him. So frustrating.

We'd be a good few points worse off if jonas wasn't in our side, CT. (In my opinion). I thought we looked better when Orbatron came on as well to be fair, but to imply Jonas needs a rest? ...... Maybe he does. With our set up, Jonas is invaluable IMO.

Listen, Im not a big Jonas fan as you know, but even I appreciate the defensive performances he was putting on earlier in the season.

However now we have great strikers in the box and we need great delivery. He's not providing it.

I think it was Alex who said a few weeks ago that he looks like a player who has run himself ragged. He might be right.

Im not fussed whether its Shane, Jonas Ben-Arfa or some other..... but we need someone who can get the ball and either run down the wing and deliver or deliver as soon as he receives it.

Im sure everyone knows only too well the fannying on that is taking place at the minute. They certainly all do where I sit because they are constantly groaning.

At one point today, Ba received the ball and was looking to play it down the left. As usual there was no one their. Even when Santon brings it forward, Jonas seems to run in behind Santon to the edge of the pitch, receive the ball and just wait.

Im not sure how we achieve it, but I want someone on the left getting into the positions Obertan gets into but obviously with better delivery.

Im sure we all want that.

Jonas receives the ball and then just waits for the opposition to come to him. So frustrating.

Hmm, actually that's what Obertan does constantly. Passes up opportunities to pass/cross until he's completely surrounded.

Jonas crossed the ball for Cissé's goal :D

I was really pleased with Obertan today. When he gets the ball, I get a tad excited and think something is going to happen. Total contrast to the other wing where the pair of them just fanny around 90% of the time.

Jonas is in dire need of a rest. Send him to the Bahamas for a few weeks to re-charge his batteries and let the Shaninator loose.

Obertan is only 22 and looks dangerous each time he gets the ball.

The bottom line is that he has pace and can get into the right position. The ability to make the final killer ball will come, especially with a couple of strikers who are prepared to move.

We'd be a good few points worse off if jonas wasn't in our side, CT. (In my opinion). I thought we looked better when Orbatron came on as well to be fair, but to imply Jonas needs a rest? ...... Maybe he does. With our set up, Jonas is invaluable IMO.

Listen, Im not a big Jonas fan as you know, but even I appreciate the defensive performances he was putting on earlier in the season.

However now we have great strikers in the box and we need great delivery. He's not providing it.

I think it was Alex who said a few weeks ago that he looks like a player who has run himself ragged. He might be right.

Im not fussed whether its Shane, Jonas Ben-Arfa or some other..... but we need someone who can get the ball and either run down the wing and deliver or deliver as soon as he receives it.

Im sure everyone knows only too well the fannying on that is taking place at the minute. They certainly all do where I sit because they are constantly groaning.

At one point today, Ba received the ball and was looking to play it down the left. As usual there was no one their. Even when Santon brings it forward, Jonas seems to run in behind Santon to the edge of the pitch, receive the ball and just wait.

Im not sure how we achieve it, but I want someone on the left getting into the positions Obertan gets into but obviously with better delivery.

Im sure we all want that.

He set up the winning goal, how much more delivery do you want?

I was really pleased with Obertan today. When he gets the ball, I get a tad excited and think something is going to happen. Total contrast to the other wing where the pair of them just fanny around 90% of the time. Jonas is in dire need of a rest. Send him to the Bahamas for a few weeks to re-charge his batteries and let the Shaninator loose. Obertan is only 22 and looks dangerous each time he gets the ball. The bottom line is that he has pace and can get into the right position. The ability to make the final killer ball will come, especially with a couple of strikers who are prepared to move. Jonas receives the ball and then just waits for the opposition to come to him. So frustrating.
Listen, Im not a big Jonas fan as you know, but even I appreciate the defensive performances he was putting on earlier in the season. However now we have great strikers in the box and we need great delivery. He's not providing it. I think it was Alex who said a few weeks ago that he looks like a player who has run himself ragged. He might be right. Im not fussed whether its Shane, Jonas Ben-Arfa or some other..... but we need someone who can get the ball and either run down the wing and deliver or deliver as soon as he receives it. Im sure everyone knows only too well the fannying on that is taking place at the minute. They certainly all do where I sit because they are constantly groaning. At one point today, Ba received the ball and was looking to play it down the left. As usual there was no one their. Even when Santon brings it forward, Jonas seems to run in behind Santon to the edge of the pitch, receive the ball and just wait. Im not sure how we achieve it, but I want someone on the left getting into the positions Obertan gets into but obviously with better delivery. Im sure we all want that.

The thing is, we're not up where we are just on skill. We'd have been fucked early on if he wasn't in the side. Look at the one game he missed v Chelsea. They absolutely crucified us down the left. The last few games where Pardew tried 4-3-3, Jonas was wasted. I'd rather the kid stayed on the left, back his LB up and also tie their RB up as well. It gives other players space and room. We're definitely a better side when he's in it. (and on the wing).

I know you love him CT but Fergusson has the build of a 12 year old girl he's not big enough for weekly premiership football at the moment. I agree Jonas looks a big knackered lately but that's the problem of a thin squad.

Hmm, actually that's what Obertan does constantly. Passes up opportunities to pass/cross until he's completely surrounded.

Jonas crossed the ball for Cissé's goal :D

Thats why I said 90% of the time :)

I thought Jonas had a very good game tbh. CT's like one of those blokes at the match who has his favourites / villains almost irrespective of their performance though.

I thought Jonas had a very good game tbh. CT's like one of those blokes at the match who has his favourites / villains almost irrespective of their performance though.

Not at all. Put his defensive exploits to one side ( their excellent ).

On the wing, 9/10 he will get the ball out wide and fanny on until 3 opposition players are around him and the chance is gone.

All I want is for him to do what he did for the goal yesterday. Receive run and cross. Bang bang :)

Sometimes retaining posession is a good idea though, rather than a speculative cross into a box no-one's in yet...and if you're pulling 3 players out of the game you're doing summat right.

Edited by Happy Face

Sometimes retaining posession is a good idea though, rather than a speculative cross into a box no-one's in yet...and if you're pulling 3 players out of the game you're doing summat right.

Did it a few times yesterday to release pressure. It's invaluable as, the way we lined up, he was the only player we had who was really capable of doing that. It relieved the pressure a few times in the dying stages of the game. He's keeping 'Shane' out the side though, so he's shit :rolleyes:

He did a couple of things really well either side of half time which were promising... but then quickly fell back into being incredibly frustrating in his decision making. He is so slow in his execution that he negates any advantage he gains with his pace. Compare that with Guthrie today who knew how to quickly do what he wants with the ball.

Strolled around a lot too when they had the ball on our right.

Thank God for that. I thought I must have had a dodgy signal in Australia going by the plaudits being handed out. I know I am not his biggest fan, but apart from one tackle back, which he did because he had given the ball away needlessly, I thought he was terrible. The usual flicks and tricks which, apart from not going where they were intended, were simply completely inappropriate to the circumstances.

It seems he has reverted to type, now that he has earned his pay for the season by scoring last week

Hey CT, have you got any more highlights of Ferguson? its just...you only seem to have that one video as your justification for thinking he should be starting over a player pretty much everyone but you is happy with

edit: and its only 20 seconds long and shows the same thing twice and since people are arguing about his physique he only actually gets touched by one person who sends him off the pitch, hes not just going to be able to avoid players for 90 minutes every week

Edited by Semimental