Bruce pissing Mackem money away?

Ollie Burtons Grandad

04 Cabaye --- 06 Cattermole

18 Gutierrez --- 07 Larsson

24 Tiote --- 08 Gardner

20 Best --- 14 Colback

23 Sh Ameobi --- 28 Sessegnon

25 Obertan --- 52 Bendtner

2 questions: Are they meant to be like for like comparisons across the squads? Are you fucking stupid?

For the benefit of the terminally fuckwitted I will repeat myself "I just looked at the teams put out by Us and the Mongs in our last premiership matches. Is there anyone (apart from Bentner who is still an Arsehole player) you would rate above the NUFC counterpart "

How about reading the OP before trying to be a smart arse. Twat.

Try comparing players in the same positions then you piss-riddled senile old prick.

:lol:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its easy to get caught up in the FM-tastic side of things. When you just put names on paper we instantly look like we are gonna battle it out for top6 this year, however the stark reality is a bit different. I remember a week ago on N-O people said not a single player in the QPR squad ( save for barton) would get into our squad. Well whaddyaknow, come matchday it looked like fucking Manchester United vs Newcastle out there.

The squad on paper ( and by that definition, the sum of individuals) mean only so much when in reality we looks absolute shite because none of our players seem capable of playing together.

Lets face it, we have no synergy whatsoever. Which is understandable, given the fact that we sold off half our fucking squad this summer. Hopefully things will pick up.

- Guns McGee

Edited by Saltwater

They outplayed us for the most part if we're honest about it. So they can't be that bad.

Out of the lot of them though only Sess looks to be a real class player.

Perhaps Wickham could be great in the future. But he'll be sold if that happens. So nothing for them to get too excited about.

I'd rather be us though because, apart from the obvious reasons, at least we have a relatively young squad whereas they have a bunch of has beens and never weres.

They outplayed us for the first half hour maybe then we got back on track and in the second half we were the better (at very least from after the goal) so I don't agree there.

Back to the point. I don't rate Richardson but I would comfortably take him ahead of Raylor altough you would hope Santon would negate the need for that.

If we're ignoring Bentner then I'd still take Sessegnon ahead of either of our strikers (and Wickham too). Again I'm not a fan of Larson but from what we've seen of Squidward so far I'd take Larson. And I'd take Brown ahead of Simpson.

Overall I do agree with the point of the opening post. That horrible cunt is spending millions on not improving them in the slightest. Over the past few years the've sold Jones, Bent, Gyan (ok he's just on loan at the minute but it seems inevitable he's off) and Henderson and for all the money they've brought in and spent on they've got lesser players now. We're just doing the same but on a budget!

They outplayed us for the most part if we're honest about it. So they can't be that bad.

Out of the lot of them though only Sess looks to be a real class player.

No they didn't. They were probably better in the first half but kicking shite out of your opposition & blasting a bunch of shots wide from a distance doesn't make a good team. We had greater possession, more shots on target etc etc...

Besides they should have been down to ten after ten minutes & we should have had a penalty. They were abysmal! Cattermole should have walked as well!

They have some decent player's but they've been largely awful in the transfer market for the past 3 or 4 years. The manner in why they bought & sold Gyan & Bent illustrates that perfectly. They may have got Bent for a good basic fee £10m? but he met literally all his clauses & when it came to sell him they still owed Spurs money from the initial buy & a chunk of the £24m from the sell on clause.

I don't think anybody would have paid what they did for Gyan & I don't think anybody else would have had to loan their record transfer out a year later.

The Henderson money they had to take, he has a good attitude & it could be argued he's promising by largely he doesn't actually do anything.

Sessengnon looks to be a decent player but he's got nothing but a bunch of cloggers to work with.

Other than that they've spent a lot of money on average players.

Nick was a boring cunt, so it's a compliment. I like the cut of your jib is another compliment. The pin-headed bit is me ripping the piss out of the size of your head though.

You have to give it to them though, at least Sunderland are trying to move into the upper echelons by buying players.

For all their failure in doing so, at least they show ambition by splashing cash. That in itself is cause for a little credit, because its more than we do.

Unfortunately every arguement about us not spending money will result in some muppet bringing Owen, Luque etc in as proof that money solves nothing but leaves us worse off.

I respectfully disagree. It was the quality of the players that was wrong, not bringing them ( or anyone else for that matter) in in the first place.

In that regard, I think the current board has it somewhat right when they say the days of bringing in old overpaid players resting on their laurels is gone.

Too bad they use it as an excuse to buy absolutely fucking nobody rather than buying the right kind for the money they inevitably will cost.

edit: Oh, and true - spending money wont guarantee us any success, granted. But at least we should try. Show me one team who have achieved success without spending money. Righto, there are none.

Funny how many fans spend all summer laughing at how the top6-clubs pay over the odds for "average" players. Somehow they must all be wrong even though they are trading blows at the top of the table :lol:

Edited by Saltwater

You have to give it to them though, at least Sunderland are trying to move into the upper echelons by buying players.

For all their failure in doing so, at least they show ambition by splashing cash. That in itself is cause for a little credit, because its more than we do.

Unfortunately every arguement about us not spending money will result in some muppet bringing Owen, Luque etc in as proof that money solves nothing but leaves us worse off.

I respectfully disagree. It was the quality of the players that was wrong, not bringing them ( or anyone else for that matter) in in the first place.

In that regard, I think the current board has it somewhat right when they say the days of bringing in old overpaid players resting on their laurels is gone.

Too bad they use it as an excuse to buy absolutely fucking nobody rather than buying the right kind for the money they inevitably will cost.edit: Oh, and true - spending money wont guarantee us any success, granted. But at least we should try. Show me one team who have achieved success without spending money. Righto, there are none.

Funny how many fans spend all summer laughing at how the top6-clubs pay over the odds for "average" players. Somehow they must all be wrong even though they are trading blows at the top of the table :lol:

You're spot on there.

Ahmed Elmohamady - They don't rate him + They play him out of position

David Vaughan - From a relegated Team

John O'Shea - Old man looking for last pay day

Wes Brown - As above

Keiren Westwood - from the championship

Sebastian Larsson - From a relegated team

Craig Gardner - From a relegated team

Connor Wickham - Good potential but a crap championship scoring record

Dong-Won Ji - Brought in to sell shirts to Asian market

James McClean - Previously unheard of Derry City player

Nicolas Bendtner - Reasonable player on loan

That's hardly ambition.

That's me agreeing by the way. Nothing to do with acne.

:lol: I know what spot on means, fuckin`ell!

I am kind of ambivalent about us doing well despite playing like utter mongs atm though. I just have a sneaking suspicion that as long as we keep nicking points left and right FMA will see no reason to spend a fucking penny. On the other hand, going on a losing streak that would make Sunderlands spring season seem like a little "hick-up", might force him to bring in reinforcements at their full cost. The operative word here is might though. So summa summarum, nick points even though we are getting ass-raped like Madeleine McCann on a humid summer night in portugal every single game? Buy nobody. Do cataclysmically bad? Might buy somebody.

Fuck me this is like a catch-22, there are just no enjoyable scenarios to speak of ;)

Edited by Saltwater

Wes Brown - As above

That's hardly ambition.

My point is that the willingness to spend money in itself is cause for a little thumbs up, regardless of how wank the players they bring in are. You might buy a bunch of snotters that turn out to be nothing but trouble, but sooner or later you might get it right as opposed to only signing free players and those who for "some" reason are in the bargain bin.

Wes Brown - As above

That's hardly ambition.

My point is that the willingness to spend money in itself is cause for a little thumbs up, regardless of how wank the players they bring in are. You might buy a bunch of snotters that turn out to be nothing but trouble, but sooner or later you might get it right as opposed to only signing free players and those who for "some" reason are in the bargain bin.

Might be a valid point too, if Bruce didn't have a pretty hefty transfer profit.

24 Tiote --- 08 Gardner

20 Best --- 14 Colback

2 questions: Are they meant to be like for like comparisons across the squads? Are you fucking stupid?

For the benefit of the terminally fuckwitted I will repeat myself "I just looked at the teams put out by Us and the Mongs in our last premiership matches. Is there anyone (apart from Bentner who is still an Arsehole player) you would rate above the NUFC counterpart "

Try comparing players in the same positions then you piss-riddled senile old prick.

he has a point Chez....

24 Tiote --- 08 Gardner

20 Best --- 14 Colback

he has a point Chez....

You calling me a smart-arsed twat too?

fzzOt.gif

24 Tiote --- 08 Gardner

20 Best --- 14 Colback

You are right it is totally my fault, you see I had thought that people we see 2 teams and be able to compare the players themselves. Silly me, I had not realized that arseholes with legs inhabited this Forum.

Tell you what Chez since you are incapable of working out which player does what I will give you a start

Krul ------- Mignolet Goal keepers: who are allowed to use their hands as well as their feet. They stop the opposition from scoring goals.

That help? can you work the rest out? I will do if you want to play the thick as fuck cunt , better off just sticking to the smart arse pedant as it suits you.