• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

04 Cabaye --- 06 Cattermole

18 Gutierrez --- 07 Larsson

24 Tiote --- 08 Gardner

20 Best --- 14 Colback

23 Sh Ameobi --- 28 Sessegnon

25 Obertan --- 52 Bendtner

2 questions: Are they meant to be like for like comparisons across the squads? Are you fucking stupid?

For the benefit of the terminally fuckwitted I will repeat myself "I just looked at the teams put out by Us and the Mongs in our last premiership matches. Is there anyone (apart from Bentner who is still an Arsehole player) you would rate above the NUFC counterpart "

How about reading the OP before trying to be a smart arse. Twat.

Try comparing players in the same positions then you piss-riddled senile old prick.

You are right it is totally my fault, you see I had thought that people we see 2 teams and be able to compare the players themselves. Silly me, I had not realized that arseholes with legs inhabited this Forum.

Tell you what Chez since you are incapable of working out which player does what I will give you a start

Krul ------- Mignolet Goal keepers: who are allowed to use their hands as well as their feet. They stop the opposition from scoring goals.

That help? can you work the rest out? I will do if you want to play the thick as fuck cunt , better off just sticking to the smart arse pedant as it suits you.

Deano may have favoured the 4-5-3 formation but at least he knew Bendtner wasnt a winger.

I immediately appreciate Saltwater's contribution.

fwiw, the mackems tried to build a good squad, but a combination of wantaway players and bad signings have left them in a similar position to ourselves. Bent and Gyan with Wickham and Sessegnon is not a bad forward line.

The minute Bent left their team seemed to just give up. Add Henderson's departure and the feeling at the SoS must be the same as we feel. This season's a complete non-event. I doubt either team will be relegated, but we're sure a shit not going to be challenging on any front. The difference between the two clubs is that, while I truly believe our scouting system is better, their financial backing will permit grabbing a player or two in January.

I reckon we'll sign a player or two, but it'll be for peanuts with little guarantee of them performing to a Premier League standard. I reckon they'll spunk a wad of cash on Spurs reserves or the like.

The end result will be that the only thing either team has to look forward to is bragging rights over the other and that cursed hope that come with a glimpse of a new season on the horizon.

fwiw, the mackems tried to build a good squad, but a combination of wantaway players and bad signings have left them in a similar position to ourselves. Bent and Gyan with Wickham and Sessegnon is not a bad forward line.

The minute Bent left their team seemed to just give up. Add Henderson's departure and the feeling at the SoS must be the same as we feel. This season's a complete non-event. I doubt either team will be relegated, but we're sure a shit not going to be challenging on any front. The difference between the two clubs is that, while I truly believe our scouting system is better, their financial backing will permit grabbing a player or two in January.

I reckon we'll sign a player or two, but it'll be for peanuts with little guarantee of them performing to a Premier League standard. I reckon they'll spunk a wad of cash on Spurs reserves or the like.

The end result will be that the only thing either team has to look forward to is bragging rights over the other and that cursed hope that come with a glimpse of a new season on the horizon.

Nicely summed up. Sunderland seems to have everything going against them at the moment though, whereas for us its basically business as expected when this summer we have had our gearlevel stuck in eco-mode and more importantly didnt get a #9 in.

Sunderland with their willingness to spunk cash, I can see turning around more easily should one of their signings god forbid turn out good. They actually pay the going rate and as such they have more options than us on that front, better scouting or not. Which leads me to the next point, our scouting ability in relation to a striker.

Whereas it may be well possible to find hidden jewels on a budget, Im not sure if it applies to strikers. As soon as someone starts tappin`em in, people will take notice. Strikers live and die by their goal/games ratio, I doubt we are able to find someone smashing em in off the radar...

I reckon the following will get me some abuse, but if the way we have been playing so far, is the way we will be playing the entire season, Im actually undecided if I would rather have us fail miserably and thus highlight Fat Cunt Mikes shortcomings when it comes to making funds available, just so I could smear in his face :

"THIS IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU DONT WANT TO SPEND, YOU FAT CUNT POTATOHEAD SACK OF SHIT@sportsdirect.com".

The opposite end of the spectrum would be playing like we do now, ie utter wank, still grab points, but becoming "that team" who everyone laughs at for lack of skill and entertainment value, a poor mans Stoke. I dont want to be that fucking team, barely staying afloat with zero cash invested, like a prisoner on death row just existing for the sake of it, no future whatsoever.

I guess this makes me a traitor, but at least if we failed massively then people would start asking questions and Mike would have to start answering them..

Sorry for the drivel.

Some quality posting from Saltwater there.

Looking at their transfers, if you take Bent and Henderson out of the equation that's an awful lot of money spent for some average players with a limited shelf life. Not that we have bragging rights, because we're not interested in coming to the party in the first place. In bygone days we've wasted mountains of cash on players like Owen, Maric and Emre who've turned out to be injury ridden flops. We've also signed some tremendous players. Now we generally buy young and cheap, who the fuck knows if they're any good or not (with the exception of James Perch) and it requires patience.

As it is I like the fact we're scouting hard and having a go at developing and sourcing young talent. It's definitely the way to go imo and you only have to look at our injury list these days to see the wisdom of not signing older and/or knackered players with big reputations. At the same time it's a results business and you need to compete for key talent and you need a wise head or two on the pitch to hold it together. I wish there was a happy medium between development and buying wisely at the right time but that requires ambition.

Another thing to keep in mind is perhaps balance, having a few experienced players to tie the team together and provide some old-fashioned grit wouldnt go amiss either I reckon. We seem to be very focused on having young developing players on the pitch but Im not sure a team consisting of MAINLY young developing players is the way to go either. Obviously older experienced players carry a premium price being "Premier league verified" and as such are by definition personas non gratas at tyneside. We had that in Barton at least, he fucked off for a million reasons some valid some questionable, but Im not sure he is as easily replaceable as some people suggest.

We have signed "tremendous" players, at least on paper. Now it remains to be seen if we can get them to play together.

The decision to jettison Barton seems capricious at best. He offered leadership and drive, is at the peak of his powers imo and knows what's required in the PL. I realise that he was probably angling for a move but I wonder what the incremental cost of keeping him would have been, given that we got fuck all for selling him.

All academic as he's gone but we have lacked cohesion in all 4 games so far. Not surprising given the number of new players perhaps but not something QPR seemed to suffer from, much to my surprise.

Guest Your Name Here
The decision to jettison Barton seems capricious at best. He offered leadership and drive, is at the peak of his powers imo and knows what's required in the PL. I realise that he was probably angling for a move but I wonder what the incremental cost of keeping him would have been, given that we got fuck all for selling him.

All academic as he's gone but we have lacked cohesion in all 4 games so far. Not surprising given the number of new players perhaps but not something QPR seemed to suffer from, much to my surprise.

The benefits of positive leadership. That’s positive action as opposed to getting some grinning monkey to talk shit.

Edited by Your Name Here

24 Tiote --- 08 Gardner

20 Best --- 14 Colback

2 questions: Are they meant to be like for like comparisons across the squads? Are you fucking stupid?

For the benefit of the terminally fuckwitted I will repeat myself "I just looked at the teams put out by Us and the Mongs in our last premiership matches. Is there anyone (apart from Bentner who is still an Arsehole player) you would rate above the NUFC counterpart "

Try comparing players in the same positions then you piss-riddled senile old prick.

You are right it is totally my fault, you see I had thought that people we see 2 teams and be able to compare the players themselves. Silly me, I had not realized that arseholes with legs inhabited this Forum.

Tell you what Chez since you are incapable of working out which player does what I will give you a start

Krul ------- Mignolet Goal keepers: who are allowed to use their hands as well as their feet. They stop the opposition from scoring goals.

That help? can you work the rest out? I will do if you want to play the thick as fuck cunt , better off just sticking to the smart arse pedant as it suits you.

Deano may have favoured the 4-5-3 formation but at least he knew Bendtner wasnt a winger.

Fucking hell, I might have guessed that you could not resist trying to be a smart arsed twat. FYI

1) I took the Mong team from the BBC report on that game http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...em/14773097.stm so whinge at them

2) If you had actually read the OP properly "Is there anyone (apart from Bentner who is still an Arsehole player) you would rate above the NUFC counterpart?"

3) Only you tried to be a SAT

Mug

24 Tiote --- 08 Gardner

20 Best --- 14 Colback

he has a point Chez....

You calling me a smart-arsed twat too?

fzzOt.gif

i think you are losing sight of the footballing angle of the club tbh, in some ways. I read what you say, with regard to getting the " business" right, but the thing about NUFC is, get it right on the pitch and everything follows from there. The reason for that is down to the clubs potential, unique appeal [and as you have travelled a bit you will see this ?] and fanbase which even during the Keegan years was not tapped fully due to the smaller stadium and the infancy of Sky TV etc.

he is someone else [new to the board] who is basically saying what I said years ago that people like you said was bollocks.

Cue Dave spending the entire night shift denying such a thing and accusing me of making up "wild accusations" un til he realises its the truth.

Nicely summed up. Sunderland seems to have everything going against them at the moment though, whereas for us its basically business as expected when this summer we have had our gearlevel stuck in eco-mode and more importantly didnt get a #9 in.

Sunderland with their willingness to spunk cash, I can see turning around more easily should one of their signings god forbid turn out good. They actually pay the going rate and as such they have more options than us on that front, better scouting or not. Which leads me to the next point, our scouting ability in relation to a striker.

Whereas it may be well possible to find hidden jewels on a budget, Im not sure if it applies to strikers. As soon as someone starts tappin`em in, people will take notice. Strikers live and die by their goal/games ratio, I doubt we are able to find someone smashing em in off the radar...

I reckon the following will get me some abuse, but if the way we have been playing so far, is the way we will be playing the entire season, Im actually undecided if I would rather have us fail miserably and thus highlight Fat Cunt Mikes shortcomings when it comes to making funds available, just so I could smear in his face :

"THIS IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU DONT WANT TO SPEND, YOU FAT CUNT POTATOHEAD SACK OF SHIT@sportsdirect.com".

The opposite end of the spectrum would be playing like we do now, ie utter wank, still grab points, but becoming "that team" who everyone laughs at for lack of skill and entertainment value, a poor mans Stoke. I dont want to be that fucking team, barely staying afloat with zero cash invested, like a prisoner on death row just existing for the sake of it, no future whatsoever.

I guess this makes me a traitor, but at least if we failed massively then people would start asking questions and Mike would have to start answering them..

Sorry for the drivel.

speculate to accumulate.

Opt out of it, in the footballing world, and you die.

Welcome to the board. You should have been saying this sort of thing 5 years ago, although if you HAD been, it wouldn't have gone down so well with some people.

Were you also banned from NO for not supporting Mike Ashley and his "plan" etc blah blah

Edited by LeazesMag

Basically I signed up here looking for some "fresh views" as the norwegian fanclub forums gives you massive amount of stick if you trash ashley, seeing as he is turning the shop around, and saved us from doing a Leeds/Portsmouth and the days of signing players such as "luque, boumsong and Owen".

I just think there is a bit more to it than that.

the easiest set of opening fixtures in years has fooled a lot of people I'm afraid.

NUFC are serious relegation candidates.

The only bright spot so far is SammyObi [until he is sold and the cash is spent on a cricket pitch at the training ground or something]

Were you also banned from NO for not supporting Mike Ashley and his "plan" etc blah blah

No I was banned for a black joke :razz:

oh dear.

Stick to white jokes and you're ok ?

I don't know.

I think the way they dig their heels in and insist a permanent ban is precisely that, to show their macho attitude, is very sad and completely the opposite of their intentions tbh.

It only makes them look more sad and juvenile tbh. They would get far more respect from people like me [and there are others on here who will say the same, they know who they are] if they grew up a bit.

Don't mistake this as me saying I think I'm missing anything Dave, because its you who are missing good posters.

I feel sorry for you.

Anyway, nowt wrong with "black" jokes, they are no different to "white" jokes, the difference is only the perception of the absurd namby pamby softie do gooder.

the easiest set of opening fixtures in years has fooled a lot of people I'm afraid.

NUFC are serious relegation candidates.

The only bright spot so far is SammyObi [until he is sold and the cash is spent on a cricket pitch at the training ground or something]

I think we can be much better than we've shown so far but it requires a number of things

- Shola Ameobi to be dropped, permanently

- BA to rediscover his form

- Tiote to rediscover his form

- HBA to come back fit and add some attacking flair

- Obertan to improve with more games

- Santon to get fit and settle in well

- Pardew to settle on a decent formation and get the team playing

- Big slice of luck with injuries and suspensions

If the above happens, I don't think we'll be near the relegation places. If we continue to play like we did at QPR, we could be in the relegation mix imo.

No I was banned for a black joke :razz:

oh dear.

Stick to white jokes and you're ok ?

I don't know.

I think the way they dig their heels in and insist a permanent ban is precisely that, to show their macho attitude, is very sad and completely the opposite of their intentions tbh.

It only makes them look more sad and juvenile tbh. They would get far more respect from people like me [and there are others on here who will say the same, they know who they are] if they grew up a bit.

Don't mistake this as me saying I think I'm missing anything Dave, because its you who are missing good posters.

I feel sorry for you.

Anyway, nowt wrong with "black" jokes, they are no different to "white" jokes, the difference is only the perception of the absurd namby pamby softie do gooder.

Typical you.

Maybe you should see the content of the joke before one of your 'crusades' :lol:

Tbf YOU would have found it hilarious.