Blackburn Rovers vs Newcastle United

2bias

Looking forward to watching this (if I can find a half decent river that is).

You'll be lucky, seeing it's not being shown anywhere.

it'll be on some greek channel somewhere

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to watching this (if I can find a half decent river that is).

You'll be lucky, seeing it's not being shown anywhere.

it'll be on some greek channel somewhere

UK TV: None. BBC1 have a highlights show at 11.20pm.

Overseas TV: None.

wow...thats got to be a rarity nowadays

It's not really.

Cup games in comparison to the league only have one, a maximum of two per evening per round covered.

Tomorrow night (Thurs morning here) our version of Sky is showing wolves v citeh and stoke v liverpool simultaneously on two channels but that's it because they are the only games being covered live, whereas for the league they will show up to 5 games on the one, viewer's choice channel because they are available.

If Tiote is a possible miss for the Stoke game then that no doubt means he's out for a month which is a massive blow. We all know Smith and Guthrie aren't up to the premiership and Gosling hasn't done great so far. I'd definitely be looking to play Gosling though tomorrow in the hope that he still can improve and would be the best bet for the Stoke game (and is probably the most natural replacement for Tiote). As much as I want to see Abeid, I can't really imagine he's going to be ready to be starting premiership games away to stoke.

I'm hoping for a good win inside the ninety minutes. Don't want extra time or penalties and not getting back up here til two.

Did you see him play against Wigan? He's not the same player he was last year and we will manage just fine imo

Brilliant/annoying (delete as appropriate) that from 8 ties Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City, Newcastle and Chelsea avoided each other.

Assuming all go through (touch wood), have to expect a tougher tie in the next round

If Tiote is a possible miss for the Stoke game then that no doubt means he's out for a month which is a massive blow. We all know Smith and Guthrie aren't up to the premiership and Gosling hasn't done great so far. I'd definitely be looking to play Gosling though tomorrow in the hope that he still can improve and would be the best bet for the Stoke game (and is probably the most natural replacement for Tiote). As much as I want to see Abeid, I can't really imagine he's going to be ready to be starting premiership games away to stoke.

I'm hoping for a good win inside the ninety minutes. Don't want extra time or penalties and not getting back up here til two.

Did you see him play against Wigan? He's not the same player he was last year and we will manage just fine imo

That was just one game.

Tiotes not standing out from the team as much as he did last season

therefore Smith, Guthrie or Gosling are just as good and we won't notice his abscence

Tiotes not standing out from the team as much as he did last season

therefore Smith, Guthrie or Gosling are just as good and we won't notice his abscence

Is that because the likes of Colo, Staylor and Krul have stepped up and made a difference? I agree Tiote hasnt been as good as last season, he seems to be giving the ball away a lot more, but luckily we have had players to fill the gap.

I am sure hell come good.

that was my fault, no safety wink

I was pointing out (however poorly) that the idea that "we'll manage just fine" without Tiote since he hasn't stood out quite as much when his replacements are from Gosling, Guthrie and Smith is ridiculous and people are seemingly forgetting how poor the others are compared to our first choices

and as it stands yes I think you're right wyki, while hes suffered a slight downturn in form compared to last season the real reason hes not stood out as much is because we have others who have upped their game and a better all round midfielder alongside him in Cabaye too

Edited by Semimental

6200 tickets sold as of last neet

2,600 Blackburn

3,600 Toon - with another 1,000 expected on the night. Embarrassing for Blackburn that, but of course they deserve European football every year, but their nasty owners and rubbish manager are spoiling their club :(

6200 tickets sold as of last neet

2,600 Blackburn

3,600 Toon - with another 1,000 expected on the night. Embarrassing for Blackburn that, but of course they deserve European football every year, but their nasty owners and rubbish manager are spoiling their club :(

Get them out the league man and get someone like Forest back up or even Leeds!

Anyone got any Blackburn memories? Most of mine are badun like. The first one we lost 3-1 David Speedie got a hattrick, Keegans first away game as manager, we played mint as well and led till we were cheated. Second time was the year after in the FA Cup QF fuckin 0-0 last minute, and Wegerle scored, was in tears cunts. I remember some bloke climbed on the roof open roof poles and was 50 foot above the toon fans fuck knows how he didn't kill himself, and the last time I was there Owen scored his first goal for the toon, I love going to Blackburn though, it's like a glimpse of what England was like in the 1920's, and that's not entirely a bad thing.

Anyone got any Blackburn memories? Most of mine are badun like. The first one we lost 3-1 David Speedie got a hattrick, Keegans first away game as manager, we played mint as well and led till we were cheated. Second time was the year after in the FA Cup QF fuckin 0-0 last minute, and Wegerle scored, was in tears cunts. I remember some bloke climbed on the roof open roof poles and was 50 foot above the toon fans fuck knows how he didn't kill himself, and the last time I was there Owen scored his first goal for the toon, I love going to Blackburn though, it's like a glimpse of what England was like in the 1920's, and that's not entirely a bad thing.

Remember that. Despite the result though it showed we'd 'arrived' as a team and were a match for anyone.

Remember that. Despite the result though it showed we'd 'arrived' as a team and were a match for anyone.

I thought that when we beat Boro 3-1 at Ayresome earlier in the season. Was a near miss that Blackburn game though, because we would've had Sheff Wed who weren't that good in the next round and they got to the final.