Golf

Ally

Managed to squeeze 9 holes in over the Lakes. Really got the bug again and dying to get out back here.

A mixture of sweet soaring shots and grasscutters, but that's golf.

Gutted to just learn that Mount Oswald has gone....the greedy cunts!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm off to the open on Thursday and I've just had a look on the website and under food and drink it says...

Q: Can I bring my own food and drink to the Championship?
A: Yes you can.
I'm wondering if that translates to tinned lager beers? Anyone know? :huh:

I was at the Irish Open a couple of years ago and bags were searched and all alcohol was taken off us. Though that statement does suggest that you can take your own in. Basically I don't know and this post has been a complete waste of all our time.

Thanks!

I think we might just take 4 beers each and if they get taken off us then it's not such a loss really. I imagine a pint will be quite expensive so it might be worth risking it.

Also hipflasks.

Aye! :lol:

It's the same as a lot of places I imagine - they'll have probably sold the contract to somebody to sell £6 pints or whatever on the basis you can't bring your own. Annoying.

I don't mind the drink too much but it doesn't half give you some cracking headaches. I've probably drank enough of it for a hangover three or four times in my life but I remember it well <_<

Thanks!

I think we might just take 4 beers each and if they get taken off us then it's not such a loss really. I imagine a pint will be quite expensive so it might be worth risking it.

Also hipflasks.

If they're not allowed in neck them at the gate in front of the security then just walk in smiling .

:D

Don't forget to belch disdainfully, too.

Saw a bloke with a slab get refused entry to Wembley for the Chelsea semi final, the young southern gentleman was a bit non-plussed when the bloke and his pal gave up the argument and sat on the ground and started to crack open the cans. "You can't do that here!" he said whilst the Geordie replied, (after he downed can 1), "Whey am not paying them fucking prices in there, Jackie, amma?"

Hit a drive onto the green last week, the club CT told me not to touch! :hand:

A broken clock is right twice a day ;)

I'm sure you've had far more shots veer violently to the left or the right that you haven't been so quick to post about.

Well done though :)

I bought a high loft driver and I'm getting more consistently straightish all the time, but my distances aren't up to much! I went to the driving range and was terrible with my 3 and 5 woods, the heads are so small compared to the driver so harder to hit. I haven't used them since, I'll have to try again.

Edited by ClubSpinDoctor

I've been commissioned to design a T shirt - so this is what I came up with. It's a lame/repetitive meme like but I'm doing what I'm told. This is the fella we're supporting - personally I don't have a clue but he smokes and drinks so aye....

2hp3hna.jpg

I bought a high loft driver and I'm getting more consistently straightish all the time, but my distances aren't up to much! I went to the driving range and was terrible with my 3 and 5 woods, the heads are so small compared to the driver so harder to hit. I haven't used them since, I'll have to try again.

Slow down your back swing. The down swing is where the distance comes from.

I'll give it a go, I find applying advice difficult though and usually end up just trying to leather it :D

On the back swing think about a clock face and the club head pointing at 12.30-13.00 ish as you pull it back..And the down swing should look to end at 19:00. Keep this mental pic in your head when you swing. Distance comes from smoothness and timing rather than brute force.