Jonas Gutierrez signs new four year deal

Tom

I can't believe that on page 8 of this thread LM is still banging on about ambition. We know Ashley has no ambition when he came we hoped he would be better than FFS he isn't get over it and move on and stop boring us all senseless.

He is like ! For all his many faults.

If FFS/Halls had as much cash as Ashley it might have been different story and he (FFS) may have been more philanthropicthan Ashley, but history would suggest the ownership was loathe to dip it's hand in it's own pocket, so it's unlikely.

remind me again, is that what you said 5 years or so ago as the reason you wanted rid of them, and predicted that Man City would be bought out by rich Arabs ?

Or do you still cling to the opinion that we need a sugar daddy to act bigger than the likes of Bolton, Blackburn, Stoke, QPR, West Ham etc etc ?

I never had that opinion so I can hardly cling to it, if was never there, making stuff up again, it's laughable.

First bit, never predicted the Arabs, and yes I was concerned (annoyed even) by the financial mismanagement, verging on corruption, which as I thought then, but I actually firmly believe now, was likely to end in tears. The ownership was also a PR disaster and the club subject to ridicule (some things haven't changed particularly). The signs are better though.

what is laughable is your constant scaremongering, and the fact that every post you make concerns the finance of the club rather than the football. Do you really think 50,000 people are going to come and watch a team making a profit and selling its best players, or a winning team on the pitch, generating money from all avenues ?

You maybe think it would have ended in tears, but it started from bigger tears, and the small matter of 15 years competing at the top level, playing in europe, buying top footballers, expanding the stadium, raising the clubs profile, generating the 14th biggest revenues in football - according to you, were all a waste of time it would seem ? You really appear to be saying there is no point trying to be successful.

Edit

You have been saying for months - many months - that this summer, Ashley would be in a position for the first time, to show his ambitions because they were in a position to "spend", because of his "cuts" etc. He hasn't done it. He has pocketed the Carroll cash. So what do you say now ? You are ducking this, and fudging your view again. When exactly is this going to happen, as you are now appearing to be making a case for the club to continue to be run on these sort of lines ?

Which is it with you ?

Edited by LeazesMag

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you rather the club spent £10m on Peter Crouch or got Demba Ba on a free?

that isn't the issue at all. The point is that the club should have kept Enrique, Barton and brought in quality players to play up front with the money from the sale of Carroll. This money is still there. Why not bring in Demba Ba for a free [as you are mentioning him, but he would not have been my first choice, how many other clubs were in for him?], and other players alongside Enrique, Barton and all the best players from last years team ? This is what building a team is all about, not selling [your best players] and buying like the world is about to end.

How many times does the policy need to be discussed like this ? One transfer doesn't make or break the overall policy. People have knocked the spending of Liverpool. Who will finish higher, us or Liverpool ? Who will qualify for europe and/or the Champions League first ? Us or Liverpool ?

The debate's moved on from that-you have to say how it's financially do-able (sustainably) because it's Ashley's money you're wanting to spend and he's not looking to take a gamble. Imagine it like a pitch on Dragon's Den as it's someone else's money you're wanting, not NUFC's.

Just 'spend what Liverpool spend' won't do, we can all say that but so what? The fact they do it is neither here nor there.

Who has a revenue stream of £180m and who has one of £85m? Who has consistently played in the CL for the last 18 years? Who has won the CL in the last decade? The team which has done this will have the higher probability of doing it again and will have more money to spend. Fact of life.

Who has a revenue stream of £180m and who has one of £85m? Who has consistently played in the CL for the last 18 years? Who has won the CL in the last decade? The team which has done this will have the higher probability of doing it again and will have more money to spend. Fact of life.

I believe that the revenues of the club at the time of Mike Ashleys buying of the club have been posted elsewhere on this message board.

The league positions of the 2 clubs were also far closer during the 15 years of the old owners too.

Yet you say, the club are "progressive".

that isn't the issue at all. The point is that the club should have kept Enrique, Barton and brought in quality players to play up front with the money from the sale of Carroll. This money is still there. Why not bring in Demba Ba for a free [as you are mentioning him, but he would not have been my first choice, how many other clubs were in for him?], and other players alongside Enrique, Barton and all the best players from last years team ? This is what building a team is all about, not selling [your best players] and buying like the world is about to end.

How many times does the policy need to be discussed like this ? One transfer doesn't make or break the overall policy. People have knocked the spending of Liverpool. Who will finish higher, us or Liverpool ? Who will qualify for europe and/or the Champions League first ? Us or Liverpool ?

The debate's moved on from that-you have to say how it's financially do-able (sustainably) because it's Ashley's money you're wanting to spend and he's not looking to take a gamble. Imagine it like a pitch on Dragon's Den as it's someone else's money you're wanting, not NUFC's.

Just 'spend what Liverpool spend' won't do, we can all say that but so what? The fact they do it is neither here nor there.

eerrr......"not taking a gamble". Is what I've been saying for years, and you've spent all that time disagreeing with me, pillock.

As for "the debate's moved on from that". Moved on from what ? My comment is a direct response to Tom, something you ought to consider doing yourself, rather than babbling on again.

Like you do.

Nah, present some maths or it's just slogans tbh. I've already said 'spend what Liverpool spend' is inadequate. Try going to the bank with that plan and see where you get. (Ashley being the bank in this case).

Try and live in the present.

Anyway as has already been said, what looks to be a good deal for NUFC has been thoroughly sidetracked by the usual agenda driven ramblings and lets face it LM, you can and will do that in any thread, so for now I'm just happy to say Jonas is a positive step on our current trajectory. End off.

Enrique wanted to leave so I don't see the issue in him leaving. Just like when hamann wanted to leave for Liverpool.

I agree we should have kept Barton, was his spat with the owners why he left, to frigging stubborn to sort it out for the benefit of the playing team. Didn't sell him though, left for nowt (wages aside)

Don't see problem bringing in Ba whether others wanted him or not. I'm happy if we get a good deal and he seems to be and he seems to have improved the squad making him a good addition baring in mind he was brought in with the intent to bring in another.

While Liverpool have spent (a fucking lot!) they will be well pissed if the gamble doesn't pay and they don't hit the top 4. Fact is we are way behind Liverpool right now and are recovering after MA took us down. I do blame him completely and put it down to him fucking around with managers.

I take each thing on merit whereas I do think you see every decision as a negative no matter what.

I agree that regarding Enrique wanting to leave is nothing we can do about, however the more interesting question is why he wanted to leave in the first place. I suspect if we kept Carroll and spent a little more money we would still have him.

HOWEVER

Its a completely irrelevant question that will bear no fruits seeing as done is done and nothing will bring him back to us. Rather we focus on issues that are present and of significance.

I do blame Ashley for this, but its a topic not worth returning to. We should rather look forward instead of beating this dead horse yet again.

At the end of the day, while it is correct to say - as Saltwater has also said in the previous post - that Enrique wanted to go, we should concern ourselves with the reason why he wanted to go, which is because he knew he was playing for a selling club that is going nowhere, and he wanted to play for a club trying to win things and play in europe.

If people can't see this, then they are blind, and foolish tbh. Players just don't have this blind loyalty that people expect them to have, and why should they ?

Enrique has seen good players sold, and managers not backed. So he saw the club as a dead duck. You can't blame him for that.

Jonas also has his reasons for signing this deal, but I suspect if an obviously more ambitious club had came in for him, he would have went, just like Bassong, Milner, Beye, N'zogbia, Carroll, Enrique, Duff, Barton, Nolan have all done in the past few years.

Fact is that Bassong, Beye, N'Zogbia, Carroll, Enrique, Barton and maybe Nolan [on the contract he was on at the time which had 2 years to run] could all have been here, alongside Demba Ba, Ben Arfa, SammyObi, Colo, S.Taylor, and Cabaye, rather than instead of. If the club were attempting to build a good football team in the correct way, that would also have been the case.

Nah, present some maths or it's just slogans tbh. I've already said 'spend what Liverpool spend' is inadequate. Try going to the bank with that plan and see where you get. (Ashley being the bank in this case).

So you didn't mention Pardew, in the present tense then ? ;)

That was earlier this week btw. :lol:

Edited by LeazesMag

That was 2 days ago btw.

You are demonstrably not right in the head.

That was 2 days ago btw.

You are demonstrably not right in the head.

you demonstrate your self denial mode, and superiority complex, on a regular basis, and have just done it again

Leazes, is it a genuine question about me 'mentioning Pardew?' It would put me at my ease a bit if you said you were joking actually, because as pointless as that would be, it wouldn't be mentally defective at least.

Leazes, is it a genuine question about me 'mentioning Pardew?' It would put me at my ease a bit if you said you were joking actually, because as pointless as that would be, it wouldn't be mentally defective at least.

oh dear. Calm that superiority complex you imbecile.

Why are you denying you mentioned Pardew, I replied to you, and what you said, many times. I'm not doing it again.

You're completely mad.