Jonas Gutierrez signs new four year deal

Tom

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've only changed it because I pulled you up on it. :D

That's one the issues people have with you mate - you read into what someone has posted rather than reading the actual words. If you believe someone might be in agreement with you, you absolutely jump on it and point it out to the world.

Stop telling people what you think they're thinking...

maybe some posters should stop saying people talk bollocks when they make correct judgements ?

Just a thought like.

Particularly as the majority of this board now realise what I said ages ago was correct......

:lol:

Whereas those with a superiority complex can't admit they were spouting bollocks.

Anyway, at least we all agree Jonas signing a new contract is good news. The only difference is those who think the manager is recommending players he identifies as being part of a good team he is trying to build, while others think whatever he wants is disregarded and the only thing that matters is the owners drive to make money to gamble in Las Vegas or stuff into his back pocket for whatever reason.

And I'll stand by my "view" of that, and I'll admit I'm wrong if I'm shown to be wrong a few years down the line.

Leazes

Even for people who agree with you, your style of posting the same point over and over is dulling any (sometimes valid, sometimes not ... just like anyone) points you make. (The forest through the trees ... and all that.)

I think that people are just asking you to make a point once and stop repeating it. And not just in this thread, but many of them.

Often, it turns any threads into a slanging match of calling each other 'stupid' and other 'smart' comments.

It's a great way to turn off any potential newbies who may want to join in the discussion.

You're certainly not a troll, but frequently repeating a viewpoint that everyone is well aware of is a hallmark of being one.

Please, give it a rest.

Edited by dbsweeney

Good news, shit thread.

LeazesMag has become a caricature yet again, seems to go in phases - time to get laid or have a few drinks or something. Adds nothing to the thread here. There is an in between - it's not a case of every single move made by the club having an evil ulterior motive. There is a price on any players head - this is true at just about any club in the current climate. Whilst we might fit the profile of a selling club more closely nowadays it doesn't mean that every deal signed is a calculated one with the only motive being to re-sell them. In the case of Jonas he doesn't have a high on-sell value given that he's 28 and still has some deficiencies in his game.

I think he's a fantastic player to have in our side, gives his all and has a great record of availability - I think he's only missed something like 14 league games in the entire time that he has been here (3+ seasons). A good move to get him re-signed, could contribute to the likeliness of Colo staying for a while longer as well. Colo is contracted until 2013 anyway by which time he'll be 31. Should have a few good years left in him after that.

Edited by OzToonFan

Surprised tbh, what sort of money was he on, does anybody know? If it wasn't in excess of/was roughly on a par with Tiote's improved deal it would make sense-I'd just assumed he'd be on more.

You can see how his fitness record and defensive contribution would lead to Pardew make a strong case for his retention.

Pardew wanted to keep Carroll and Enrique too.

:D

Difference is they didn't want to stay

Surely a good thing proving he WANTS to play for us and is happy here. Players get sold and move on get over it, its not just NUFC that sell players. I don't think he's outstanding but he's got a great work ethic, helps out the defence and is a good outlet to relieve pressure. Hope Collo signs a new deal now also proves Barton was spouting shit, not tweeting much now is he?

You've only changed it because I pulled you up on it. :D

That's one the issues people have with you mate - you read into what someone has posted rather than reading the actual words. If you believe someone might be in agreement with you, you absolutely jump on it and point it out to the world.

Stop telling people what you think they're thinking...

maybe some posters should stop saying people talk bollocks when they make correct judgements ?

Just a thought like.

Particularly as the majority of this board now realise what I said ages ago was correct......

Whereas those with a superiority complex can't admit they were spouting bollocks.

Anyway, at least we all agree Jonas signing a new contract is good news. The only difference is those who think the manager is recommending players he identifies as being part of a good team he is trying to build, while others think whatever he wants is disregarded and the only thing that matters is the owners drive to make money to gamble in Las Vegas or stuff into his back pocket for whatever reason.

And I'll stand by my "view" of that, and I'll admit I'm wrong if I'm shown to be wrong a few years down the line.

You need saving from yourself.

I thought he was on 'big money'?

This was my initial question and why I was surprised we'd been able to retain him. I'd assumed he was on appreciably more than our modern top earner (Tiote) so now I'm guessing the deal was ultimately do-able because he was on roughly the same amount, and hence it didn't involve a departure from the new remuneration levels we've put in place. At the very least I'm guessing it was because he wasn't insisting on improved terms (cf Barton and Enrique).

It would be really instructive to know what the terms of the deal are actually as this is the first time during our French/loan recruitment drive that one of the pre-relegation (presumed) higher earners has been retained.

Surprised tbh, what sort of money was he on, does anybody know? If it wasn't in excess of/was roughly on a par with Tiote's improved deal it would make sense-I'd just assumed he'd be on more.

You can see how his fitness record and defensive contribution would lead to Pardew make a strong case for his retention.

sigh.

blah blah blah

This was my initial question and why I was surprised we'd been able to retain him. I'd assumed he was on appreciably more than our modern top earner (Tiote) so now I'm guessing the deal was ultimately do-able because he was on roughly the same amount, and hence it didn't involve a departure from the new remuneration levels we've put in place. At the very least I'm guessing it was because he wasn't insisting on improved terms (cf Barton and Enrique).

It would be really instructive to know what the terms of the deal are actually as this is the first time during our French/loan recruitment drive that one of the pre-relegation (presumed) higher earners has been retained.

Yeah mate, I was thinking about it last night...I hope this is some kind of watershed and lessons alebeit slowly are being learnt. Think he's solid if not a worldbeater and this kind of commitment is generally healthy and should permeate through the squad. A possible corner might have been turned.

sigh.

blah blah blah

107.gif

tbh

Yeah mate, I was thinking about it last night...I hope this is some kind of watershed and lessons alebeit slowly are being learnt. Think he's solid if not a worldbeater and this kind of commitment is generally healthy and should permeate through the squad. A possible corner might have been turned.

I too thought the same ... and I only assumed that Jonas was willing to re-sign at a lower amount. However, I like your assumption better. Only hope it is right.

sigh.

blah blah blah

Its true tho`

Certainly true of Enrique. I'm not so certain about Carroll though...

He didnt have to go, could have said no. I bet he`s regretting it now and he`s not looking the same player over there thats for sure. I asked a few of the Liverpool fans at work to wager me that he would outscore BA this season(before last Sat) and none of them would take me up on it. Most dont rate him and reckon they play better football without him

Certainly true of Enrique. I'm not so certain about Carroll though...

He didnt have to go, could have said no. I bet he`s regretting it now and he`s not looking the same player over there thats for sure. I asked a few of the Liverpool fans at work to wager me that he would outscore BA this season(before last Sat) and none of them would take me up on it. Most dont rate him and reckon they play better football without him

Liverpool fans in West Sussex ?

Anyway, one player doesn't define a transfer policy as either good or bad. Liverpools transfer policy and ambitions have more than stood the test of time. Who do you think has the best transfer policy and ambitions, ourselves or Liverpool ?

sigh.

blah blah blah

107.gif

tbh

that gif should be :LM: tbh :D

sigh.

blah blah blah

107.gif

tbh

that gif should be :LM: tbh :D

Can't make my mind up between that and this one:

EmoticonCrying.gif