Jonas Gutierrez signs new four year deal

Tom

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As has been said, the only gain from any of our players signing new contracts, is if someone bids for them, we can get a better price. Hopefully. Maybe.

It doesn't mean they will actually see out this contract in the slightest.

And it has absolutely nothing to do with what the manager wants.

So do you think it better if he hadnt signed? Im struggling to see what you want here LM?

I agree it doesnt mean he will see out the full term, I also agree it enables us to command a higher fee should we wish to sell. Isnt that a good thing though rather than have him walk for nothing or minimal like enrique?

I like jonas. He does a decent enough job for a side with our ambitions. We're right to retain this sort of player. Whether the contract is worth the paper it was written on remains to be seen.

Mancy mate, walk away from the never ending circular argument with lm. It's the only way.

I'm surprised and pleased by this news.

Even though his end product can be lacking (obv) I ike the bloke, for me he is a very important player for us. Provides balance, always available, works hard, friend of Colo and a has a good nickname.

And that sublime reverse pass to Ben Arfa on Saturday was a thing of beauty

I still wouldn't be surprised if he was sold in January, but I can't see anything negative about this - which makes a nice change

If "low" means calling something correctly for over 4 years, wtf do you think of someone who gets it all spectacularly wrong ?

:D My favourite LM line of all time. It's like he's just sampling bits of his old posts and producing remixed sentences that don't make sense. Scratching and shit. "I said I-I I-I-I-I-I-I have been reeka reeka saying this for 4 years.

Edited by Gemmill

Your biggest issue LM is that you don't comprehend someone can have a different view to you - you're insistent that you're right and you feel the need to prove that someone else is wrong. You don't!

I've pointed out that I have cynicism about the motives behind offering him a new deal - but I'm not right nor wrong, it's a view, that's all and it obviously differs to others on here but that's part and parcel of a forum - it invites debate.

You're imploring that it definitely means he'll be flogged which it by no way does. Then when someone pulls you up on it, you challenge them to make a judgement and ridicule them if they don't.

basically Craig, I AM right. What makes me smile is the insistence by posters such as mancmag and Gloomy for instance too, that making correct judgements is "insane" etc [words to that effect] ..... when they themselves have disagreed and made incorrect judgements ? How can someone who calls a correct judgement be talking bollocks, yet they who disagree are taking "sense"?

I reckon it is they who have issues.

What is wrong with calling judgements ?

You agree with me on this particular topic in this thread ie Jonas. I think anybody who actually insinuates this has been done with a view to the manager being allowed to keep his best players and put together a good football team is mad. I'm calling that judgement, if I'm wrong and Mike Ashley suddenly decides this is the way to go, I'll admit that this decision has been made for that intention.

Anybody disagree ?

Or are the usual bullshitters going to sit on the fence and claim later they "know best". Laughable to be honest.

I like jonas. He does a decent enough job for a side with our ambitions. We're right to retain this sort of player. Whether the contract is worth the paper it was written on remains to be seen.

Mancy mate, walk away from the never ending circular argument with lm. It's the only way.

thought you were going to stop being obsessed with me ? Why not try just saying you've been spouting bullshit for a few years ?

Nobody is right all the time, not even me :D

Your biggest issue LM is that you don't comprehend someone can have a different view to you - you're insistent that you're right and you feel the need to prove that someone else is wrong. You don't!

I've pointed out that I have cynicism about the motives behind offering him a new deal - but I'm not right nor wrong, it's a view, that's all and it obviously differs to others on here but that's part and parcel of a forum - it invites debate.

You're imploring that it definitely means he'll be flogged which it by no way does. Then when someone pulls you up on it, you challenge them to make a judgement and ridicule them if they don't.

basically Craig, I AM right.

I would have underlined it as well tbh. Just to make absolutely certain that NOBODY (see?) is under any illusion that you think you're wrong.

I would have underlined it as well tbh. Just to make absolutely certain that NOBODY (see?) is under any illusion that you think you're wrong.

Good

Bookmark this thread, just like you bookmarked all those threads saying that it would be very difficult to replace the Halls and Shepherd with better directors/owners, when almost everybody disagreed with me, or was there too many to bookmark ?

Edit

FWIW, some of these calls are so easy and obvious too.......it makes me wonder why anybody disagrees at all, unless its just because its me saying it. Probably.

Edited by LeazesMag

Good

Bookmark this thread, just like you bookmarked all those threads saying that it would be very difficult to replace the Halls and Shepherd with better directors/owners, when almost everybody disagreed with me, or was there too many to bookmark ?

:D I never bookmarked any threads, you mad bastard. You need to see a doctor man. I'm not even fucking joking. You're like Jack Nicholson in the Shining, and this place is the hotel that's slowly turning you mad.

BOOKMARKED.

Good

:D I never bookmarked any threads, you mad bastard. You need to see a doctor man. I'm not even fucking joking. You're like Jack Nicholson in the Shining, and this place is the hotel that's slowly turning you mad.

BOOKMARKED.

That was a crap film anyway.

PS. I know you didn't bookmark any threads, just like you won't bookmark this. You know, the same as I do, that if we get an acceptable offer for Jonas, he'll be sold, and whatever the manager wants will be totally disregarded.

All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy.

HallShep2405DM_468x373.jpg

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy. All posts and no quotes makes Leazes Mag a dull boy.

:D

Is that him behind shepherd?

Here's Leazes!

:D

Is that him behind shepherd?

Here's Leazes!

fucking hell, you're not moaning on for once about lack of ambition, selling our best players, and lower standards under Mike Ashley.

You agree with me on this particular topic in this thread ie Jonas.

No, I don't. But not surprisingly you automatically think I must do just because my view isn't the polar opposite of yours. I said I was treating it with a degree of cynicism... but that's not agreeing with you.

The crux of your problem - someone has YOU HAVE to be right and everyone else has to be wrong. Nonsense. The allusion most people making is that him signing the contract is a 'win-win' situation for NUFC which it undoubtedly is. Worst case scenario is we end up flogging him but we'll make money out of him than we would if he hadn't.

I'm bemused by your obvious belief that it isn't a good thing to have happened.

No, I don't. But not surprisingly you automatically think I must do just because my view isn't the polar opposite of yours. I said I was treating it with a degree of cynicism... but that's not agreeing with you.

The crux of your problem - someone has YOU HAVE to be right and everyone else has to be wrong. Nonsense. The allusion most people making is that him signing the contract is a 'win-win' situation for NUFC which it undoubtedly is. Worst case scenario is we end up flogging him but we'll make money out of him than we would if he hadn't.

of course its a good thing, I've said so. My "disagreement" [for want of a better description] was the insinuation by mancmag that for some reason a major factor behind this development was Pardew actually being allowed to decide who he wanted to keep at the club to build a good football team with. Which is clearly rubbish, and you admit you are equally cynical about this. If my judgement proves to be incorrect and they start to assist Pardew to put together a good team and keep his best players and/or who he wants to keep, then I will, unlike others, admit I am wrong,

Edited by LeazesMag

of course its a good thing, I've said so. My "disagreement" [for want of a better description] was the insinuation by mancmag that for some reason a major factor behind this development was Pardew actually being allowed to decide who he wanted to keep at the club to build a good football team with. Which is clearly rubbish, and you also have agreed with this. If my judgement proves to be incorrect and they start to assist Pardew to put together a good team and keep his best players and/or who he wants to keep, then I will, unlike others, admit I am wrong,

Where? :D

of course its a good thing, I've said so. My "disagreement" [for want of a better description] was the insinuation by mancmag that for some reason a major factor behind this development was Pardew actually being allowed to decide who he wanted to keep at the club to build a good football team with. Which is clearly rubbish, and you also have agreed with this. If my judgement proves to be incorrect and they start to assist Pardew to put together a good team and keep his best players and/or who he wants to keep, then I will, unlike others, admit I am wrong,

I changed the words, but you can reply to the rest of the post if you like :lol:

You've only changed it because I pulled you up on it. :D

That's one the issues people have with you mate - you read into what someone has posted rather than reading the actual words. If you believe someone might be in agreement with you, you absolutely jump on it and point it out to the world.

Stop telling people what you think they're thinking...

So many positive things happening this season, with the results, Ben arfa returning, French players appear decent and now Jonas resigning (despite his shortcomings he is vital to the team, with his ball retention he relieves pressure on the defense)....does make you think there's a big negative coming round the corner.

Astonishing interpretation. Literally doesn't matter what I or certain other posters write anymore, you'll just make it up for us as you go along.

A sad case these days and really nothing more than that.