Super Karen Murphy !

LoveTheBobby

Can anyone explain to me the logic they were giving on 693 this morning that this will result in more Saturday 3pm kick-offs?

I can't see why, but hope it does.

Personally I wish every game was 530 on a Saturday evening. The OB seemed to have stopped pulling people up for this about 18 month ago, I wonder if The Star will get the £4000 fine they received back.

All the pubs in CLS openly advertise the games they show on sandwich boards up and down the front street. The real problems will start when the price comes down enough for it to be a legitimate rival to Sky and people start putting into their homes.

You can get an HD subscription to all 380 premiership games for the next 2 years (at least). Works out at about £60pm over the next 2 seasons.

http://www.digitalsales.co.uk/Via_Sat_HD_Receiver___Card.htm

Edited by J69

Can anyone explain to me the logic they were giving on 693 this morning that this will result in more Saturday 3pm kick-offs?

Personally I wish every game was 530 on a Saturday evening. The OB seemed to have stopped pulling people up for this about 18 month ago, I wonder if The Star will get the £4000 fine they received back.

Thinking it through now I'm awake, I think their point was that more people would be watching 3pm kick offs in the pub. Not that there'd be any more of them necessarily. The complaint was no-one will go to non-league football on a Sadda afternoon anymore.

80k a year to screen footie in a pub?!!! Fuck off Sky.

I hope this dam breaks, and then the glut of money will slowly spiral downward and players won't be able to demand criminally insane wages.

I hope this dam breaks, and then the glut of money will slowly spiral downward and players won't be able to demand criminally insane wages.

You may wish to check your calculator there Parkster.

And if 'the dam breaks' then it'd need to be with all European leagues rather than the PL, otherwise we're fucked.

And if 'the dam breaks' then it'd need to be with all European leagues rather than the PL, otherwise we're fucked.

Copied it off one of the comments at the bottom of the article. :lol:

Clubs will just organise their own TV deals surely? As in Italy?

Edited by Park Life

Thinking it through now I'm awake, I think their point was that more people would be watching 3pm kick offs in the pub. Not that there'd be any more of them necessarily. The complaint was no-one will go to non-league football on a Sadda afternoon anymore.

It's a load of shite though, the whole thing is a load of shite. Nothing will change at all.

I would love to think this could be the beginning of the end of the player/agent gravy train, but it'll probably do nowt.

It's sickening players and agents picking up millions (of club money from both sides) just for changing teams.

Also first nail in the coffin of no mark clubs where TV money is 90% of income or somesuch.

Edited by Park Life

The PL won't let clubs negotiate their own deals, otherwise the elite would have done so a long time ago.

The revenues from broadcasting in Europe aren't nearly enough to cause many problems to the PL.

The PL won't let clubs negotiate their own deals, otherwise the elite would have done so a long time ago.

The revenues from broadcasting in Europe aren't nearly enough to cause many problems to the PL.

I'd get rid of the PL and introduce far more stringent financial regulation.

Football has been warped by TV money and taken further and furter away from the grass roots of the game.

PL are cunts basically or they would have had done someting about the amount of players a club can loan and registering of squad sizes (should be 22).

Liv a couple of years ago had 42 players ffs!!

Man U currently have 7 players out on loan. If they could only loan out 3 then players would have to find other clubs and talent wouldn't be hoovered up.

Edited by Park Life

PL are cunts basically or they would have had done someting about the amount of players a club can loan and registering of squad sizes (should be 22).

There's a maximum of 25 overage squad players in the PL.

All of the streams and all of the deals showing Prem league matches get them off Sky cameras and through other provider deals. Sky will just stop providing this outlet as it is less than 10% of it's football revenue. Or it will make them all sign stringent deals not to sell back to the uk. All the news shows are saying they don't know who has won yet.

There's a maximum of 25 overage squad players in the PL.

Make it 22.

And cap loans to 3.

Make players pay a percentage of their income to football charities and so on....

The outcome of all of this is surely going to have a massive impact

Pub landlady Karen Murphy has won her European court battle against the Premier League over the use of a foreign TV decoder to screen games, in a ruling that knocked BSkyB shares.

Bursting The Bubble

good on her.

• 5 months later...

Well this hasn't quite worked out like . . .

"Top clubs face lower TV rights over clampdown on European broadcasters showing 3pm kick-offs

The Premier League is in the process of shutting down European broadcasters’ access to Saturday 3pm kick-offs to protect its “closed window” in the UK, in a move that threatens to reduce clubs’ revenues from overseas broadcast rights. "

Message on Liveonlinefooty saying 3pm Saturday games are to be limited to 1 broadcast for European satellite (3 maximum) - basically match streams are on the 'wayne' bigtime

They add that the FAPL have also demanded European broadcasters drop English commentary in favour of the native language of the broadcast provider .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/news/9102290/Top-clubs-face-lower-TV-rights-over-clampdown-on-European-broadcasters-showing-3pm-kick-offs.html

D'y think ? Tbh I don't understand the distribution/broadcasting rights but I'm sure folk will get round it .

Pulling together globally - for the good of mankind - and the avoidance of Soccer Saturday .

Edit

Bit of informed discussion here

http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=42095&p=403713

Edited by LoveTheBobby