Tamas Kadar

Monroe Transfer

Fully fit and captain of the reserves. Would be great if he could become that reliable defensive cover we're crying out for.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20111018/tamas-hungary-for-first-team-recall_2281670_2486597

Captain-for-the-night Tamas Kadar believes he is ready to challenge for a first-team berth once more after another solid showing against Liverpool Reserves.

The Hungarian defender was hampered by injury last season, before suffering another setback in pre-season, and that has seen him fall down the pecking order at St. James' Park.

However, during the Championship season of 2009/10, he proved his worth at centre-back and left-back and, having apparently put his fitness problems behind him, he is hoping to force his way into Alan Pardew's thinking.

He was made skipper by Willie Donachie in his first match as Reserve Team Manager as Newcastle won 3-2 at Whitley Park on Tuesday night.

Kadar, 21, has now played in five of the last six Reserve games and he told nufc.co.uk: "I was happy to be the captain but the main thing is, I'm happy to play.

"I feel like I'm doing a great programme. This was the fifth or sixth game I've played in the last few weeks, so I'm happy with the results and I'm happy because I'm playing.

"I'd been out for a long time - since January - until I did the pre-season, and then I got an injury again. But now I feel like I'm 100 per cent and I'll try to push back into the first-team.

"I know it's going to take a long time and it's going to be hard to get into the backline but I think I'm in a good way and if I can play every week - week in, week out - that's the best I can do.

"I'm playing for the Reserves as a centre-back and that's my best position, and as long as I'm fit, I'm happy.

"I'm working very hard on the training ground, whether I'm training with the first-team or whether I'm with the Reserves."

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of contract in the summer like.

Even more reason for him to prove his worth. Now or never as it were.

Looked a good player (or good prospect at least) when he first broke into the first team squad. Left peg as well which would help for cover at LB. Might be worth extending his contract by another year.

Out of contract in the summer like.

Even more reason for him to prove his worth. Now or never as it were.

Looked a good player (or good prospect at least) when he first broke into the first team squad. Left peg as well which would help for cover at LB. Might be worth extending his contract by another year.

Can't see any reason not to IMO, he's always looked decent to me and as he can play LB and CB he is potentially very useful cover for us in areas we aren't exactly overstocked and his wages will hardly break the bank to give him another year, hopefully injury free to show what he can do.

Guest CabayeAye

I think he needs some sub outings for the 1st team on a now or never basis. Either he makes the step up or he doesn't get a new contract. Promising player, but he's had enough time (injury permitting) to knock on Pardew's door.

Liked the look of him when I've seen him, but you have to wonder about his injury record. If he can stay fit shuold get some time on the pitch this season with the first team.

Good solid player, whenever I've seen him looks competent. We are light in centre/left back so has every chance of getting a look in providing he keeps his head down. Would love to see it work for him

.com on Kadar's chances of playing in tonight's match, or any for that matter.

Despite appearing in recent reserve games, the chances of defender Tamas Kadar forcing his way back into the first team picture seem remote. The Hungarian hasn't been involved since Alan Pardew's arrival in December 2010 - although he was injured in the latter part of last season.

Guest CabayeAye

For me, he should be starting at CB. Perch is a disaster waiting to happen.

Either that, or go balls deep and play 3-3-2-2 and hope to score more than we concede! Anything to keep Perch out!

------------------Krul

--------Santon Colo Kadar

Jonas----------Tiote------Raylor

----------Cabaye Ben Arfa

---------------Ba-Best

Edited by CabayeAye

Guest CabayeAye

-------------Krul

Raylor Colo Kadar Santon

Jonas Cabaye Guthrie Marveaux

----------Ben Arfa

--------------Ba

Edited by CabayeAye

Problem is if the CB backs off, he'll end up running into his own net.

:lol: He did alreet there in the Championship tbf. Probably more comfortable there than than at RB I reckon.