Plans for the weekend?

Jan

Going to do a bit of cooking - Thai Red Curry and a Chilli. Also, might get to the coast with the dog as it's meant to be going to be a nice weekend.

I haven't cooked a curry for a canny while, not really adept at Thai, I've only used the jars of paste and I've no idea how it compares to the real thing at a restaurant.

Keep meaning to ask you - do you still have those curry recipes you sent people on here ages ago?

Wouldn't mind giving one a go.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually use pastes for curries tbh. Then I tart them up a bit with a few extras. Including extra chillies. Bought a chilli plant from Sainsas which is doing canny well. I thought it would die after a fortnight.

I've got a few different varieties of pastes, and spices. I need to get rid of lots of them and get them used up tbh.

Other half keeps a coriander plant on the kitchen window sill.

Going to do a bit of cooking - Thai Red Curry and a Chilli. Also, might get to the coast with the dog as it's meant to be going to be a nice weekend.

I haven't cooked a curry for a canny while, not really adept at Thai, I've only used the jars of paste and I've no idea how it compares to the real thing at a restaurant.

Keep meaning to ask you - do you still have those curry recipes you sent people on here ages ago?

I have, they were on the old database as a pm, I will have to see if they are still there, or look for them if they aren't if you want it.

I usually use pastes for curries tbh. Then I tart them up a bit with a few extras. Including extra chillies. Bought a chilli plant from Sainsas which is doing canny well. I thought it would die after a fortnight.

I've got a few different varieties of pastes, and spices. I need to get rid of lots of them and get them used up tbh.

Corriander is ace.

Corriander is ace.

she makes an ace carrot and coriander soup.

Giz a shout if you are. I'll join you. ;)

I have, they were on the old database as a pm, I will have to see if they are still there, or look for them if they aren't if you want it.

The PM's should have all been transferred across.

Have you tried making your own curry paste by the way? It's mental first time you are making it because you can't get past the reccurring thoughts 'I'm doing it wrong/It doesn't look right'' and then when you are finished tasting it to find it tastes rank - only to find out it's supposed to till it actually joins a curry.