I need to find a disused or derelict building for a photoshoot

ajax_andy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a class one on Skinnerburn Road on the quayside. You can gain entrance through a fence and up a flight of outdoor stairs then into the building

Here is a picture:

Turn_Shot_Fact.jpg

Beware though as when we went in there was evidence that people are living in it (though no one was there at the time). Creepy as fuck once you start going deeper into it....

Just done a similar shoot myself recently but a basic alt shoot, not alt-glamour. I used Finchale Priory. That ABP would be canny for a suicide girl shoot but like you say its a bit of a treck if not driving. Theres some old industrial units up the top of the Felling Bypass near Heworth Roundabout but tbh Ive not been for ages so not sure if they are still as they were. Be interested to see how you process your shots. I've done a mix of high contrast, b&w with a fair bit of vignetting on some. Also desaturated skin (removed orange hue and increased orange luminescence to whiten skin as well etc).

Thank God for private messaging on here though, eh AA?

Nudge wink etc.

This lass isn't from Washington by any chance is she? Initials LM, aka Mercy?

Haha no she's from Lemington.

And sush about our little deal ok?! And hurry up with that paypal transfer! ;)

There is a class one on Skinnerburn Road on the quayside. You can gain entrance through a fence and up a flight of outdoor stairs then into the building

Here is a picture:

Turn_Shot_Fact.jpg

Beware though as when we went in there was evidence that people are living in it (though no one was there at the time). Creepy as fuck once you start going deeper into it....

I actaully tried to work out how to get in here a couple of months back for a shoot... will defo use it at some point but not too keen on the homeless aspect if I'm taking expensive equipment with me. I'll check it out at some point though as really keen to have a nosey.

Is the hole in the fence on the side where this pic is taken from?

Just done a similar shoot myself recently but a basic alt shoot, not alt-glamour. I used Finchale Priory. That ABP would be canny for a suicide girl shoot but like you say its a bit of a treck if not driving. Theres some old industrial units up the top of the Felling Bypass near Heworth Roundabout but tbh Ive not been for ages so not sure if they are still as they were. Be interested to see how you process your shots. I've done a mix of high contrast, b&w with a fair bit of vignetting on some. Also desaturated skin (removed orange hue and increased orange luminescence to whiten skin as well etc).

Haha no idea mate will have to wait till i've taken them before working that out... I was thinking destaurating the images but really no idea at the moment.

Finchale Priory is lovely but did a snow shoot there last year and it's pretty far away. Oh yeah it was you who recommended Finchale to me if I remember correctly!

Here is a picture:

Turn_Shot_Fact.jpg

I actaully tried to work out how to get in here a couple of months back for a shoot... will defo use it at some point but not too keen on the homeless aspect if I'm taking expensive equipment with me. I'll check it out at some point though as really keen to have a nosey.

Is the hole in the fence on the side where this pic is taken from?

Aye mate, just a few metres past the building itself. Though you can also get to it via an entrance on back mitford street (use google maps). We had a gander in the summer and found it empty though that might have changed now its getting colder. Maybe leave your gear in the car and have a little scout about first... Take a torch too as there are some holes on the ground in places. Some proper creepy artwork on the walls in certain places as well, sounds bent but when your in a pitch black room and shine your torch on certain walls it can get canny scary! :blush2:

Haha tbh it might not work for this shoot as the lass doesn't know me and I'm not sure she'll belive me when I say "No honestly I'm not going to rape you, murder you and mutilate your corpse" whilst trying to lead her in to a pitch black abandoned building :D

Although the outside areas might still work well so might still check it out

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update to say I've found the perfect spot for my shoot... Whitehouse Enterprise Centre just off Scotswood Road. Had a quick snoop around at the weekend (not exactly with permission if you know what I mean) and its perfect, so contacted the council and they have agreed in principle to let me use it.

Just got to organise a date and time now and hopefully should be able to do a really cool shoot :)