Xmas nightmare....

Craig

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear about your kid Craig. Although I can't say I've ever been in a similar situation myself, I can imagine that it must really, really suck; especially given the time of year and whatnot (not that the time of year really makes a difference in such circumstances, of course).

Things like this really do put things into perspective; even things like football, sharks and messageboard wars can seem completely and utterly insignificant by comparison (as unbelievable as that may sound)!

Genuinely hope he makes a full recovery soon mate.

please keep us up to date with developments, I'm sure that each and every one of us nwould be far far happier the minute we know that the bairn is safe and sound.

I say again that all our thoughts are with you and yours Craig.

it's unlikely, but if there's owt we can can do just throw the request out and it'll be done marra.

Cheers guys, I know there's not a lot you can do from the other end of a network link, but the offer is very much appreciated.

Have changed the title of the thread as the xmas side of it was only minor...

Only just got back online after having no phoneline all xmas, useless fecking BT :D

Still, things like that just arent important when you read what you've been going through craig, hows the little fella now? I hope he's improving. xx

No real improvement I'm afraid. They took the oxygen off him today but his sats dropped to 85% so he's got it back again. They're continuing to control his feeding as the mucus that the milk produces makes him worse so he's getting 50ml of milk every 2 hours. He's demanding more than that so the bottom line is that we're effectively starving the poor mite for his own good. That in itself is breaking my heart....

Couple of pics I snapped today:

finley2zm.jpg

finley18ci.jpg

I really do feel for you Craig, I'd hate to imagine what you must be feeling at the moment. Heres hoping he gets better soon. You've just gotta remember he's in the best place mate and they're doing their best for him.

Bless him, has he hurt his arm aswell?

71865[/snapback]

Nope, he's got a cannular in there for drugs administration. As he's only 10 weeks old, he's no idea what it is and would most likely flail his arms around and in the process rip it out. So what they've done is bandage his arm up so that its protected.

Thing is, he's been scratching his chin with the plastic of the cannular so they've temporarly had to bandage over that as well.

It makes changing his bodysuit fun and games, I can tell you!

Unfortunately not. Actually we're thankful it's in his arm - I have heard reports that some young kids get them in their skull! :D

Then bit I forgot to mention is that he actually has a splint on that arm as well to make it straight - at the end of the day, it's a needle sitting in his vein - if he bends the vein, I wouldn't even want to begin to contemplate the mess it'd make.

Not really Brock....

He seemed to be improving today as his temperature lowered and the amount of oxygen he was needing was reduced. In order to be told we can even be considered to go home, he has to be totally off the oxygen throughout the night.

He came off it totally at 7pm but at 9pm the warning tone that his sats were too low kept sounding so he's back on it :D

Best we can hope for is that it can be taken away again tomorrow and that he sleeps through tomorrow night. Only problem is, they don't normally discharge at weekends so it's very likely that he (and his Mum) will spend his first New Years Eve in hospital and me and his sister will be at home. Not what we'd hoped would be the case.... :blush: