Carroll`s career so far in Liverpool

Lake Bells tits

I always thought Enrique would be a good player, this point was made to me yesterday by my mate after the game that Santon has looked quite good fairly quickly and I accept that, but I think Enrique is the better player. Anyway, it doesn't excuse the point that a sell and replace policy was adopted, rather than add Santon to the team thus also improving the overall squad too as a result ie building and improving.

Enrique is the better player now - but I think Santon will be the better player in a couple of years, he's on a long deal as well so I could fancy him to do something here.

Jose was a similar age when he came here and sometimes he was so bad we put Bassong at left back, he was universally berated by the fans and that only really improved when he found form in the championship.

His form in 10/11 was great in the first half of the season but tailed off after Carroll left, ''If Andy can get totally ridiculous money, why can't I?'

He stalled on his contract despite decent offers & he fucked off but there's a lot of glossing over regards his NUFC career.

Given the deals we're seeing at the moment I think it's fair to say we would have paid Enrique the going rate for his services. He certainly wouldn't have been swindled for a full back with what would have been on the table as you say.

He wanted away because he wanted to join Liverpool for me, simple as. He's won something already so fair do's. Liverpool do that not simply because of the massive fees they've paid of late (Carroll has done nothing for them, ditto Downing and Henderson is Joe average), but because they're Liverpool and thats what they do. Win things. They still won things back in the day that Leazes harks back to ie when we were the 'top' team in the Prem in terms of the spending he craves and when they were 'shit'.

oh dear.

You mean when we qualified for the Champs League etc ? Don't you ? What you fail to appreciate, is this was BECAUSE we bought the players we did, and everybody else who has qualifed has done the same. Liverpool win things, but the only time we have came close to them as well as get above them a few times, is when we behaved like them, and that is the truth.

Are you going to spend the next few years bickering on with me just like you have done the last few ie when I told you that we would sell our best players/run the club as an advertisement and promotional vehicle for Sports Direct/never match the league positions of the ex owners [who embarrassed you so much when they were doing it ?], all of which you have gone to great lengths to dismiss as rubbish ?

You're such a fool, and it says everything about you, that you simply can't bring yourself to admit that what I say is the truth.

Edited by LeazesMag

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about when we threw the money about and didn't get the players?

How long can a club keep doing that?

if you don't take a shot you don't score a goal

What amuses me, is mancmags constant references to me, when he knows that what I say is right, he's bickered with me for years, saying what I said was wrong, and is still doing it despite everything. The club IS now a vehicle for Sports Direct, survival in the premiership IS the sole aim [anything else is a bonus], the club will sell a player "to make ends meet" if they don't make an operational profit rather than aim for the top places and sponsorships etc, the club will sell its best players for monetary gain, the club will not back its manager in the way it should.

Edited by LeazesMag

"survival in the premiership IS the sole aim [anything else is a bonus]"

So we spent £10m in January because survival is the aim? You're making stuff up man. Shut the fuck up.

ewerk asked you for an answer to something that basically completely flummoxed you earlier, so you waffled on about "champions league...14th best revenues....5th place on average" and then promptly told him you were finished educating him. You're educating nobody in anything other than how to make a fucking fool of yourself on the internet.

if you don't take a shot you don't score a goal

In finance you can't keep missing, because the more you miss the less they allow you to shoot before you do yourself serious damage.

We made some terrible signings & it cost us big money, the greater successes everyone enjoyed -but big money flops with no resale value on massive contracts was all too common an occurance.

Obviously a few years ago we could compete, now we can't even come close.

If we spent money like Liverpool or Man City we couldn't pay it back & regardless of the success it wouldn't give us europe because of financial fair play.

The goal posts have been moved & we can't judge the current lot against the old lot because the finances involved dwarf what we could spent safely.

Man City can spend £30-40m & they wont notice it's gone, Liverpool are the same, Arsenal's finances are extremely healthy from years of austerity in the transfer market & recently moving on a few players, Chelsea can spend massive amounts still, Man United make more than anyone.

For every Tiote, Cabaye, and

For every Tiote, Cabaye, and Ba there's a load more bargain basement nobodies we've acquired with little return. We've done good business in the transfer windows but its pure luck if you ask me. We broke the bank to bring in our best players in the mid 90's, there were a few flops but what about Ginola, Les, Shearer, Asprilla we wouldn't have come so close without spending the money on these guys.

If a football club operates on a shoestring then they can kiss goodbye to pushing for Europe again, it isn’t going to happen. I would accept the current situation if we would at least hang on to our home grown talent, that cost us nothing anyway. We could have kept AC and signed Ba on a free anyway.

Yes I agree 35 million was an unreal amount of money to take for Andy, but WHERE IS IT? We may as well have sold him for 300 million, the money hasn’t been reinvested so what’s the point!?

For every Tiote, Cabaye, and Ba there's a load more bargain basement nobodies we've acquired with little return. We've done good business in the transfer windows but its pure luck if you ask me. We broke the bank to bring in our best players in the mid 90's, there were a few flops but what about Ginola, Les, Shearer, Asprilla we wouldn't have come so close without spending the money on these guys.

If a football club operates on a shoestring then they can kiss goodbye to pushing for Europe again, it isn’t going to happen. I would accept the current situation if we would at least hang on to our home grown talent, that cost us nothing anyway. We could have kept AC and signed Ba on a free anyway.

Yes I agree 35 million was an unreal amount of money to take for Andy, but WHERE IS IT? We may as well have sold him for 300 million, the money hasn’t been reinvested so what’s the point!?

Firstly, we're not operating on a shoestring. Secondly, we're currently pushing for Europe.

Firstly, we're not operating on a shoestring. Secondly, we're currently pushing for Europe.

What do you think our chances of Europe are this season, out of interest?

Pure luck? Yeah we just threw a few names in a hat and pulled out the likes of Ba and Tiote. No homework done on them at all.

Retarded logic.

Add up all the transfer fees, add agent fees, add contract extensions, add training ground improvements, add academy improvements, add paying off debts and you'll get some of your £35m "where is it?" question answered. Perhaps we'd have been better selling Carroll for a lot less given how much it bothers people.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Pure luck? Yeah we just threw a few names in a hat and pulled out the likes of Ba and Tiote. No homework done on them at all.

Retarded logic.

Add up all the transfer fees, add agent fees, add contract extensions, add training ground improvements, add academy improvements, add paying off debts and you'll get some of your £35m "where is it?" question answered. Perhaps we'd have been better selling Carroll for a lot less given how much it bothers people.

No, that's you answering the question in your own words, apologies if I do not accept this as gospel... but I don't buy that.

As we've barely been out the top 7 all season I'm going to say pretty good.

I think its 50/50 this season. What about next? Any improvement? Can you see us challenging for a champions league place in the coming seasons with this policy? Im interested to know what you think - not "funny" questions.

I think its 50/50 this season. What about next? Any improvement? Can you see us challenging for a champions league place in the coming seasons with this policy? Im interested to know what you think - not "funny" questions.

Why should we be competing for a CL spot in the first place?

We're arguably punching above our weight/over-achieving at the moment.

I think we'll have a decent chance of Europa league but realistically unless we pull off a few transfer miracles I can't see us making a good move for the champions league again - I think Liverpool & Chelsea will invest heavily - as they can afford to do - artificial backing et al.

I'm hoping we wont lose anyone but I do think if a ''silly money'' offer comes in any player can go - providing the fee is as disproportionate to talent as the Carroll deal.

If we get Europa league I doubt we'll get it again - as the squad is far to small but hopefully the extra revenue would help.

Why should we be competing for a CL spot in the first place?

We're arguably punching above our weight/over-achieving at the moment.

OK rephrase that- do you (and others who agree with selling our best players - at the best price might I add) think we should be aiming for a CL spot in the coming seasons, if we finish 7th / 8th this season, say? What is the objective? Like any business, there should be a vision / mission. We will all have a different perspective on this and this will reflect how we think the club should be run...

I for instance would be looking to secure a European place over the next 4 seasons, at which point we should look further. I do not think we can achieve this by selling our best players. I dont think we can even maintain the status quo, mid term never mind long term.

Agree entirely - selling your best players and replacing them with cheaper alternatives is not sustainable in the long term if the club is to realise its massive potential. If it were that easy then everybody would be doing it.

Agree entirely - selling your best players and replacing them with cheaper alternatives is not sustainable in the long term if the club is to realise its massive potential. If it were that easy then everybody would be doing it.

Hello, it's Diet LeazesMag.

To be fair signing Cisse for £10m could be seen as an investment and Ashley hoping he does the same as Ba so without the knee fears we could double our money the way things are going.

Signing a 30 year old to a lucrative 4 year contract with the option of a 5th turns things on their head however.

Where is the resale value?

Why not sell him now and get an average player in on a quarter of the wages?

Doesn't make any sense if you genuinely believe our sole aim is to stay up.

Will we sell players for silly money? Yes we will, like most clubs.

Are we run too much like a business? Yes. Is Ashley in this for anything other than making a profit? Of course not.

Doesn't mean it can't be successful, it's early days but we are doing far better than expected and have managed to pick up some very good players for very low fees.

Obviously having vast sums of money to spend can help, if it is done right. We are never going to compete with Chelsea, Man U or Man C though which is why it's an unrealistic argument to say we will never do what we did under the old board, times have changed. It's not as straightforward as Leazes makes out though, we were still spending big money when the old board left and going backwards quickly. AVB spent loads at Chelsea and they have declined, the amount Liverpool spent in the summer they should be doing far better than they are doing, they will still be 2 points behind us if they win their game in hand.

Edited by Gejon