***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

unfortunately, the season lasts for 38 games, and to be recognised as a big football club, you have to qualify for europe and the Champions League more than once.

So why then, do you use the times we performed well over 38 games to mask over the times we performed poorly over 38 games by, and you do it almost daily, creating an average of several seasons combined? By doing this you try to dismiss the fact that we were in decline before Ashley bought the club. Like you say, a season is 38 games. Therefore, given that fact - have we improved since Ashley bought us?

Edited by BestBaNone

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to be that there was a marked difference between Leazes sober daytime posting and his 2am drunken nonsense. These days there are next to no discernible differences. Worrying.

unfortunately, what you call "drunken nonsense" includes everything I've said for over 4 years actually happening, but doesn't extend to backing a dead duck manager with unlimited funds to continue building his own team.

Yes you've been posting drunken nonsense for years. On that we are in full agreement.

unfortunately for you, it has all been correct. You must have been mega pissed when you, as an accountant, supported the backing of Souness with more and more money to continue building his own team, right up to the day he was sacked.

Yes you've been posting drunken nonsense for years. On that we are in full agreement.

unfortunately for you, it has all been correct. You must have been mega pissed when you, as an accountant, supported the backing of Souness with more and more money to continue building his own team, right up to the day he was sacked.

Imagine how pissed Shepherd must have been to actually do it. I'll not even bother to question the truth of your claims that I actually said that, as I know that you need to keep hold of your made up version of the world to get by.

Edited by Gemmill

The one thing I love about this seasons is the different opinions that people have on how well the team is doing. For example there's the view of Leases that we're over achieving with the squad we've got and Parses will be off when a more ambitious club come in for him, an opinion he's perfectly entitled too. Then there's my opinion that a few people share that we are where we deserve to be and probably have the 7th best squad in the league. A quick visit to N-O has HTT and Mick calling for Pardew to be replaced as we're not playing like Brazil and we are where we are on the quality of the squad but a better manager would have us 4th. Crazy how different the opinions are.

Only HTT wants him replaced. Mick and some others (Me,Wullie,Tron sometimes) are discussing his shortcomings (mainly around the type of workmanlike and battling football).

I've said he warrants another season even though some of our football has been shaky (there are too many variables to lay this totally at Pards door). And generally I've been impressed by his organisation and data gathering on performances, not so much his in game performance.

*For me the next window will be the rubicon of what is going to happen at the club.

Edited by Park Life

I find the realisation that any NUFC fan wants him replaced - assuming the likes of Mourinho would not be in the frame to do so - embarrassing.

I wouldn't want Mourinho anywhere near this club with his negative, physical and cynical style of football.

Not that he's likely to be interested with Ashley there

I wouldn't want Mourinho anywhere near this club with his negative, physical and cynical style of football.

Do you pay attention to foreign football? Like La Liga for instance, and his Real Madrid team who score goals for fun and often do it with style?

You'd really say no to a man with a proven track record in 4 countries (he's won trophies in 4 leagues and is well on his way to adding a fourth different league title to that record) because he occasionally played defensively whilst Chelsea manager (winning them 5 trophies in the process)?

But saying Pardew is the reason we're where we are is wrong, some of our players having an injury free run and kicking arse is the reason, and some of their stellar work has papering over the cracks of a squad which lacks a bit of quality outside of the start XI and the managers ability.

Are you for real? You're not clueless about football, you've proved that in the past, so why come out with such comments? Bemusing.

You do want him replaced really don't you? That's your underlying sentiment, isn't it?

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Do you pay attention to foreign football? Like La Liga for instance, and his Real Madrid team who score goals for fun and often do it with style?

You'd really say no to a man with a proven track record in 4 countries (he's won trophies in 4 leagues and is well on his way to adding a fourth different league title to that record) because he occasionally played defensively whilst Chelsea manager (winning them 5 trophies in the process)?

I accept he's a winner but I've never liked his cynical approach. I never enjoyed watching his Chelsea team or his Inter Milan team and I don't remember being very impressed by Real last season. I haven't really seen them play this season so if you say things have changed and they are playing good football then maybe I shall have another look and reassess my opinion

I can't think of many games this season we've played badly under Pardew, even the West Brom game we played well and rightly pushed for tue winner, I thought we looked good in the second half and the scoreline flattered them massively.

People seem to be complaining that we've shut up shop against the likes of Wolves and Everton yet we still took maximum points from those games.

We're approaching the last dozen games and people are still dwelling on the Norwich and Fulham fixtures, crazy.

Ant, am 38 now and am far better at my Job than I was 5 years ago. Hence I have climbed the ladder. The best managers tend to be older (few exceptions) so it's fair to say Pardew should be judged on his last season as a manager not how he did 5 to 10 years ago. Fair?

Edited by ChezGiven

But saying Pardew is the reason we're where we are is wrong, some of our players having an injury free run and kicking arse is the reason, and some of their stellar work has papering over the cracks of a squad which lacks a bit of quality outside of the start XI and the managers ability.

Are you for real? You're not clueless about football, you've proved that in the past, so why come out with such comments? Bemusing.

You do want him replaced really don't you? That's your underlying sentiment, isn't it?

If we could replace him with someone better (and i mean properly better as in world class/someone with pedigree not another /ok'ish/ manager) then i'd be happy for him to go yeah but like i said we really can't, I never rated him as a manager long before he came to us, don't see why it should change now, like i said his saving grace is the fact Ba has carried our goal tally. So no i don't want him replaced unless Trapp/Hiddink etc is standing by to takeover, if he's getting replaced for McCarthy then there's no point :D

lol least i'm not saying i wouldn't want mourhinio here :lol:

@brummiemag, they've a 3goals per game average for the league so far this season you dafty, Mourhinio shuts up shop when he knows he needs to, theres a bit of a difference to that and playing negatively

As I said I will have another look - but based on what I have seen in the past I wouldn't want him here. For me its not just about results and winning at all costs. I want to see Newcastle playing good football first and foremost

If we could replace him with someone better (and i mean properly better as in world class/someone with pedigree not another /ok'ish/ manager) then i'd be happy for him to go yeah but like i said we really can't, I never rated him as a manager long before he came to us, don't see why it should change now, like i said his saving grace is the fact Ba has carried our goal tally. So no i don't want him replaced unless Trapp/Hiddink etc is standing by to takeover, if he's getting replaced for McCarthy then there's no point :D

lol least i'm not saying i wouldn't want mourhinio here :lol:

@brummiemag, they've a 3goals per game average for the league so far this season you dafty, Mourhinio shuts up shop when he knows he needs to, theres a bit of a difference to that and playing negatively

Well like I said, I agree that if a truly top class manager was willing to replace him, then it'd be hard to argue against that.

I think it's very unfair to put where we are purely down to Ba scoring goals.

I'm not saying this is your train of thought, but I get the impression some people focus their blame on Pardew when we lose, yet don't give him credit when we win. You can't have it both ways.

I'm with Parky, it's not so much Pardew's managerial ability that's got us here and more the fact we got a Ba scoring bucketloads and a midfield pair making us tough to breakdown, when we lost those 3 especially we fell to bits.

(none of which has anything really to do with Pardew/tactics etc both the successes and the failures in that respect)

Any games that came down to tactical changes we got dicked, especially with when it came down to Pace/Highline, others would've changed it, dropped the line back and sat someone in front of them, we did nothing but stick to what was already not working, i don't think i need to mention his substitutions which no one will argue are mind boggling 90% of the time.

Not saying i want him replaced as frankly we won't be able to get anyone better (no manager worth their salt wants to work for our owners, hence why we have Pardew), so it's irrelevant.

But saying Pardew is the reason we're where we are is wrong, some of our players having an injury free run and kicking arse is the reason, and some of their stellar work has papering over the cracks of a squad which lacks a bit of quality outside of the start XI and the managers ability. Pardews an ok manager in the sense that Alan Curbishley is an ok manager or Holloway, not anyones first choice and wouldn't be a bottom one either.

As Parky says this summer will be interesting, will we keep Ba if some club comes in with 15-20m for him after his excellent season? Tiote/Krul likewise?

So he doesn't get the credit when we're doing well, but I suppose he'll be at fault when we aren't? that's just nonsense, give credit where it's due. I'd also say he's handled himself with remarkable decorum all things considered, so I'm not sure where your obvious dislike of the man comes from.

I'm with Parky, it's not so much Pardew's managerial ability that's got us here and more the fact we got a Ba scoring bucketloads and a midfield pair making us tough to breakdown, when we lost those 3 especially we fell to bits.

He signed Ba ;)

As I said I will have another look - but based on what I have seen in the past I wouldn't want him here. For me its not just about results and winning at all costs. I want to see Newcastle playing good football first and foremost

I absolutely agree with your sentiment there about playing good football but I think we need some stability first. We appear to have that, again, at last. This would only be our second season with a sustained degree of stability (the other season being the Championship one).

We need to use this season as a platform and build on it next year. That'll need us to hold on to some of our players and to complement them with better ones, however. Which is easier said than done.

Pardew is an average PL manager, anybody trying to make out otherwise is an idiot.

He's done relatively well with a few standout players having fanstastic seasons.

He was hired cause he was cheap and willing to work under the dark Lord. :lol:

Edited by Park Life