***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

Spot on that.

Utter crap MugFool, as usual.

Spurs are operating within their means and have done for years. They have been doing EXACTLY what we now appear to be doing, they however, have a multi-year headstart on us.

To think or say different is pure ignorance.

No you complete erectile disfunction old doilum. Sugar never speculated to accumulate, whereas Levy has to an extent while retaining their wage ceiling. Sugar devalued the club he ran it as a functional business within its' means, they were getting pennies off HOLSTEN and PONY, they now have one of the largest sponsorship deals in football with Mansion House, because of how Levy has enhanced the clubs stature. They pay big fees, they largely didn't other than a few spectacular failures like Dean Richards under Sugar's rein. The fact is Tottenham's income has doubled now under Levy compared to what it was under Sugar, speculate to accumulate. LM is right you hardly ever talk about football, I doubt you're even capable of it, and when you do talk about the financial stuff, your knowledge is about as empty as the mackems upper tier on Saturday night.

:icon_lol:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the optimism, better name is gullibility though.

Same thing as I said to all those cretins on NO years ago, who insisted "anybody would be better than Fred".

If we finish 7th and qualify for europe, he will not build on it, keep our best players and add to them. You'll see.

I don't remember anyone saying "anybody would be better than Fred" just more of a realisation that he had made huge mistakes that he would have struggled to get the club out of, like it or not Ashley has turned it around, even if he has had to make some unpopular decisions on the way.

We know to score when it comes to our squad, if we get a ridiculous offer or a player wants out then we will move them on.

2003/2004

Turnover

Newcastle United £90.8m (FFS)

Tottenham Hotspur £66.2m (Sugar)

2010/2011

Turnover

Newcastle United £88m (Ashley)

Tottenham Hotspur £162m (Levy)

Pointless debating with pointless old doilums anyway but these figures end a lot of debate about the influence Mike Ashley has had on NUFC. I can't even see a POV where you can stick up for these or explain them away, but some sad cunt will.

Ye Gods.........all soopa Mike had to do was cut costs etc and be better than the hopeless Fred ? What could possibly have gone wrong, now the club is in the hands of such a financial whizz kid ?

To give Toonspac and his chums on here and skunkers a hint, shirts for Shola Ameobi in the Far East are selling in their millions just like before, and the sponsorship deals have doubled and there is a waiting list. Good old Mike, but at least we aren't wasting money on quality footballers who shot us into the Champions League instead.

Edited by LeazesMag

that all depends on the quality of the "player they want". Don't expect too much, and don't expect them to do it without selling a top player either.

I would say that the hierarchy [not the manager] is happy with what we have, because they "are doing OK" and there is no real desire to do better.

Which only takes you one way.

Well if rumours are to be believed it will be one of Douglas from FC Twente or Montpellier captain Yanga-M'Biwa, can't say I'm that familiar with either however I trust our scouting network to bring in the quality we need judging by recent signings.

No you complete erectile disfunction old doilum. Sugar never speculated to accumulate, whereas Levy has to an extent while retaining their wage ceiling. Sugar devalued the club he ran it as a functional business within its' means, they were getting pennies off HOLSTEN and PONY, they now have one of the largest sponsorship deals in football with Mansion House, because of how Levy has enhanced the clubs stature. They pay big fees, they largely didn't other than a few spectacular failures like Dean Richards under Sugar's rein. The fact is Tottenham's income has doubled now under Levy compared to what it was under Sugar, speculate to accumulate. LM is right you hardly ever talk about football, I doubt you're even capable of it, and when you do talk about the financial stuff, your knowledge is about as empty as the mackems upper tier on Saturday night.

Spurs have never spent more than they earned, yet they've still managed, within that framework, to make that "what they earn" grow, so what they can spend in relation becomes greater, they do not ever break that rule (or haven't yet).

You are wrong (not a suprise) - They have never speculated (gone out on a limb financially) to accumulate. That is a 100% fact.

They have sold well (high) and bought well (cheaper), consistently. Exactly the same model as NUFC's current model, whether we can keep it consistent is another matter.

This is about football you ignoramus.

Look at the above you silly old cunt. Levy ran it like a football club of value, which is why their income has went up 250%, whereas Sugar ran it with little ambition and foresight, how is that difficult to understand?

far too difficult Stevie, tapping into the mindset of the real supporters. Now who would possibly do such a thing ?

Spurs have never spent more than they earned, yet they've still managed, within that framework, to make that "what they earn" grow, so what they can spend in relation becomes greater, they do not ever break that rule (or haven't yet).

You are wrong (not a suprise) - They have never speculated (gone out on a limb financially) to accumulate. That is a 100% fact.

They have sold well (high) and bought well (cheaper), consistently. Exactly the same model as NUFC's current model, whether we can keep it consistent is another matter.

This is about football you ignoramus.

Look at the above you silly old cunt. Levy ran it like a football club of value, which is why their income has went up 250%, whereas Sugar ran it with little ambition and foresight, how is that difficult to understand?

Your thickness knows no bounds.

Yes Spurs have outperformed NUFC and yes their turnover has soared. BUT it’s been done on the back of ONLY spending what they made (or a wee bit less some years).

They have earned some money and spent it well and as a result earned a bit more money spent that bit more money well, rinse and repeat. They have not EVER thought or done “Oooh things are going canny, let’s borrow £20 Million and see if we can get there faster”. It just has not happened. They have not as yet ever deviated from the model of only spending what they earn.

That is obviously interpreted in Stevie world (because you’re thick) as: Oh look Spurs have made their turnover soar, they must have chucked ridiculous sums at the team to make that happen. So it must be a fact. It’s totally and irrefutably an incorrect premise but in Stevie-world (and maybe some particularly dense goldfish’s brain) it’s now a fact.

Laughable

and what did NUFC do to lift a team from one foot in the 3rd division, that couldn't sell for 1.25m with a half full cowshed of a stadium, into the 5th highest league position in the country, one of the best stadiums in europe, and 14th in the football rich list ?

Your stupidity knows no bounds.

How did they achieve that? Anything to do with performance on the field?

£28m invested on the field in 05/06, £7m recouped on sales.

£50m invested on the field in 06/07, £25m recouped on sales.

http://www.soccerbas...mTabs=transfers

A mixture of a huge sponsorship deal, qualifying for the Uefa cup which their fans got behind and a boost in sky revenue.

Those were the achievements. I'm asking how they achieved it. Huge sponsorship deals aren't bestowed on clubs for running a tight ship, they go to clubs with a big following (we dwarf Spurs) and on field success.

exactly.

Same thing as I said to all those cretins on NO years ago, who insisted "anybody would be better than Fred".

If we finish 7th and qualify for europe, he will not build on it, keep our best players and add to them. You'll see.

I don't remember anyone saying "anybody would be better than Fred" j

bollocks

I don't remember anyone saying "anybody would be better than Fred" j

bollocks

Link?

By the same measure as Leazes uses to place us 5th best, if the league standings remain as they are, Ashley has us on average 10th best in terms of top flight finishes under his ownership....

1.4 Manchester United

2.6 Chelsea

3.6 Arsenal

5.2 Liverpool

5.6 Manchester City

6.2 Tottenham Hotspur

7.0 Everton

8.4 Aston Villa

11.2 Fulham

12.0 Newcastle United

Take out the first Keegan tenure (which was our real zenith, steadily downhill since then) our average "finish" was 9.4th, that still good enough for 5th best ???

Mate you wouldn't say that in most pubs because people would hit you. Fuckin what an arsehole. C U N T

Either a mackem or a cunt, 50/50 either way.

It's a perfectly reasonable point. You can't jump from 5th under Shepherd to 10th under Ashley, when a truer representation is that we'd been on the slide for some time under your old chummy chum chum.

I think LM was more concerned with the Keegan input than the difference between the FFS era and Ashley. Why mention Keegan, why not Fat Sam? The fact is the back end of 07/08 was the best football we played between 2004 and 2011, that's a fact, anyone who disputes it hasn't been to games. That Tottenham 1-4 game was the best we played away from home since 2001.

Take out the first Keegan tenure (which was our real zenith, steadily downhill since then) our average "finish" was 9.4th, that still good enough for 5th best ???

fuck me

It's a perfectly reasonable point. You can't jump from 5th under Shepherd to 10th under Ashley, when a truer representation is that we'd been on the slide for some time under your old chummy chum chum.

we were 7th only a year before the club was sold to Mike Ashley, if you call that a "slide", what are you going to say to those who will be wanking themselves to death if we finish 7th once under soopa Mike ?

The point, is to compare the league positions over the entire tenure of the owners, and we won't even mention the massive head start that soopa Mike had against taking over a club on its knees heading for the 3rd division, as I've also pointed out.

Are you always so thick, even when you're not pretending to be ?

By the same measure as Leazes uses to place us 5th best, if the league standings remain as they are, Ashley has us on average 10th best in terms of top flight finishes under his ownership....

1.4 Manchester United

2.6 Chelsea

3.6 Arsenal

5.2 Liverpool

5.6 Manchester City

6.2 Tottenham Hotspur

7.0 Everton

8.4 Aston Villa

11.2 Fulham

12.0 Newcastle United

Mate you wouldn't say that in most pubs because people would hit you. Fuckin what an arsehole. C U N T

Toonspac is an apt name.

we were 7th only a year before the club was sold to Mike Ashley, if you call that a "slide", what are you going to say to those who will be wanking themselves to death if we finish 7th once under soopa Mike ?

The point, is to compare the league positions over the entire tenure of the owners, and we won't even mention the massive head start that soopa Mike had against taking over a club on its knees heading for the 3rd division, as I've also pointed out.

You're universally recognised as a figure of ridicule on here. You were banned from NO, not, as you'd like to believe, because everyone on there is stupid, but because you were for a long time the figure of ridicule on there too but eventually people got tired of your endless stupidity. They're getting tired of it here too, hence your spell in the crèche last week.

You're not a lone visionary in a sea of idiots. You ARE the idiot.

Think about that the next time you tell someone how thick they are for not seeing things your way. If you had any self awareness at all or were remotely capable of critical thinking, this would have dawned on you a long time ago, and you might not have made such a cunt of yourself over the last 5 years.

The point stands that we were on the slide and set up for financial oblivion when Ashley took over. A fact that everyone but you can grasp (again, NOT the lone visionary, but the idiot).

You're universally recognised as a figure of ridicule on here. You were banned from NO, not, as you'd like to believe, because everyone on there is stupid, but because you were for a long time the figure of ridicule on there too but eventually people got tired of your endless stupidity. They're getting tired of it here too, hence your spell in the crèche last week.

Think about that the next time you tell someone how thick they are for not seeing things your way. If you had any self awareness at all or were remotely capable of critical thinking, this would have dawned on you a long time ago, and you might not have made such a cunt of yourself over the last 5 years.

The point stands that we were on the slide and set up for financial oblivion when Ashley took over. A fact that everyone but you can grasp (again, NOT the lone visionary, but the idiot).

"Exactly" :D

those people on here who haven't got a clue, I'm not bothered if they don't agree with me, and even less bothered when they don't go to games and don't listen. The joke is on them. Do you really think I give a toss what a bunch of out of towners and non-matchgoers think of what I say when I know that I'm right ? Fact is Gem, they would love to prove me wrong, but can't. Mike Ashley decided ages ago to run the club as a sideline to Sports Direct, to promote the company with a premiership football club. All he wants to do with this purpose is to preserve premiership status, this is the limit of his ambition along with making a profit even a small one so to that end he will sell a player if an operational profit is not made.

I've said this for years. How much longer are you and these other fuckwits going to disagree with me ? The truth is staring you in the face, but if you are so thick you are fooled by a few results and a half decent season or two then how stupid is that ?

Some people on NO have admitted that I was in fact right all that time, and some others still carry on spouting the same old bollocks. I was banned for saying the same thing [which has now been proved right, and I'm still saying it because it hasn't as yet been shown to be incorrect - think about it] but I was banned because too many people disagreed with me and moaned on because I didn't agree with them, like Gloomy on here and a few others in fact. Bairns.

You can bookmark any of these threads where I say the same thing to people like you, and you'll be looking at them again in a few years time and find that you are unable to show that I was wrong, because the direction this club is heading down is exactly as I am telling you.

Edited by LeazesMag

Everton only spend what they have too. Why aren't they challenging for the league? :confused:

They've actually spent more than they earn. It's not the method, it's what you do with it, that,s why I said Spurs spent well, oh and probably the most important thing is striking it lucky with a manager

1.4 Manchester United

2.6 Chelsea

3.6 Arsenal

5.2 Liverpool

5.6 Manchester City

6.2 Tottenham Hotspur

7.0 Everton

8.4 Aston Villa

11.2 Fulham

12.0 Newcastle United

Thick cunt doesn't know what zenith means :D !

Seriously, how was what I posted (and have said in pubs btw) remotely contentious

So the man who has put millions in without return is in it for the profit, but the men who actually fleeced the club of millions weren't. Right.

you've absolutely no idea at all.

So the man who has put millions in without return is in it for the profit, but the men who actually fleeced the club of millions weren't. Right.

you've absolutely no idea at all.

How do you know? Pointing out your contradictions doesn't give you an idea of my opinion on things, chum. Or did you conclude that because I'm younger than you, you mental bastard

Everton only spend what they have too. Why aren't they challenging for the league? :confused:

They've actually spent more than they earn. It's not the method, it's what you do with it, that,s why I said Spurs spent well, oh and probably the most important thing is striking it lucky with a manager

Not sure if that's a joke.

Lucky that they were a more attractive opportunity to Redknapp than we were?

Fortunate to stumble on Jol where Ashley headhunted Kinnear?