***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

Everton only spend what they have too. Why aren't they challenging for the league? :confused:

They've actually spent more than they earn. It's not the method, it's what you do with it, that,s why I said Spurs spent well, oh and probably the most important thing is striking it lucky with a manager

Not sure if that's a joke.

Lucky that they were a more attractive opportunity to Redknapp than we were?

Fortunate to stumble on Jol where Ashley headhunted Kinnear?

I was making a more general point, no matter how "sound" your plan, the managerial appointment has to pan out, maybe lucky was the wrong word. Many an appointment has bombed when it appeared the right thing, we got "lucky" twice with KK and SBR, hopefully we've struck it lucky again with Pardew.

It ain't an exact science.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevie still furious after being called mugfaul earlier ;)

It was MugFool actually, although I am now somewhat tempted by McAmoebabrain but that would be an insult to single celled organisms

Everton only spend what they have too. Why aren't they challenging for the league? :confused:

They've actually spent more than they earn. It's not the method, it's what you do with it, that,s why I said Spurs spent well, oh and probably the most important thing is striking it lucky with a manager

Lucky that they are in commuting distance from Sandbanks.

Not as fortunate as us with Pardew when they appointed Santini and Ramos.

when Alan Sugar ran the club like a business, he also found Gerry Francis when we stumbled on Keegan ? And they had George Graham when we found Bobby Robson ?

This sort of logic, defies belief, to be honest. It's just personality based ie any old stick to beat someone with. So juvenile it's untrue.

Lucky that they are in commuting distance from Sandbanks.

Not as fortunate as us with Pardew when they appointed Santini and Ramos.

didn't you back Ramos fervently, and the DOF system he was the head of ?

Thick cunt doesn't know what zenith means :D !

Seriously, how was what I posted (and have said in pubs btw) remotely contentious

Of course I know what zenith means you senile divvy, but I speed read your posts because they're generally so predictable and shit, only your support of Keegan was unpredictable, so much in the Ashley camp you are.

2003/2004

Turnover

Newcastle United £90.8m (FFS)

Tottenham Hotspur £66.2m (Sugar)

2010/2011

Turnover

Newcastle United £88m (Ashley)

Tottenham Hotspur £162m (Levy)

Pointless debating with pointless old doilums anyway but these figures end a lot of debate about the influence Mike Ashley has had on NUFC. I can't even see a POV where you can stick up for these or explain them away, but some sad cunt will.

Some sad cunt will point out that's a stupid comparison. Our revenue based on a year in the CL was £90.8m but Spurs revenue was £162m. Seems like Levy was able to make £71.2m more out of a season in the CL than Shepherd was, as if that frames the discussion.

All this shows is that relegation sets you back financially and being an arsehole owner pisses off your customers. I don't really think that's been a doubt in anyone's mind.

I agree with Baggio that we will push £100m this year, Europe would have us taking that up another £10m if we manage it.

didn't you back Ramos fervently, and the DOF system he was the head of ?

Don't remember backing Ramos although he was highly rated before he went to Spurs, which sort of goes hand in hand with Toonpacks point about needing luck.

I think it was Comolli who was the DOF that brought him in, that's the same guy who's in charge of Liverpool's transfer policy that you're singing the praises of in the Carroll thread.

I'm guessing you didn't realise that. :)

Thick cunt doesn't know what zenith means :D !

Seriously, how was what I posted (and have said in pubs btw) remotely contentious

Of course I know what zenith means you senile divvy, but I speed read your posts because they're generally so predictable and shit, only your support of Keegan was unpredictable, so much in the Ashley camp you are.

Where have I posted anything in this thread which is "Ashley camp" ???? We were talking about Spurs and your fundamentally wrong assertion that they "speculated to accumulate". They don't and they are run 100% as a business as their cumulative profits over the years amply illustrates.

2003/2004

Turnover

Newcastle United £90.8m (FFS)

Tottenham Hotspur £66.2m (Sugar)

2010/2011

Turnover

Newcastle United £88m (Ashley)

Tottenham Hotspur £162m (Levy)

Pointless debating with pointless old doilums anyway but these figures end a lot of debate about the influence Mike Ashley has had on NUFC. I can't even see a POV where you can stick up for these or explain them away, but some sad cunt will.

Some sad cunt will point out that's a stupid comparison. Our revenue based on a year in the CL was £90.8m but Spurs revenue was £162m. Seems like Levy was able to make £71.2m more out of a season in the CL than Shepherd was, as if that frames the discussion.

All this shows is that relegation sets you back financially and being an arsehole owner pisses off your customers. I don't really think that's been a doubt in anyone's mind.

I agree with Baggio that we will push £100m this year, Europe would have us taking that up another £10m if we manage it.

We were back in the Premiership averaging 48,000 people for 2010/2011, so financially what changed between the relegation season and last season? Relegation sets you back financially is an ambiguous statement, I'd like to know what the difference was in terms of revenue streams between 09 and 11. For starters our turnover was almost stagnant, this despite every club in the Premiership having a huge additional cash injection compared to previous seasons via the new TV deal. So quite obviously our commercial activity is nothing short of a joke, particularly compared to Tottenham. Do you think Shepherd would settle for the pittance these clowns are settling for in terms of advertisement, shirt deals and club sponsors?

As for your point about the £162m Tottenham turnover in comparison to the £90m Shepherd got in 2004, again that is null and void because in real terms European football got richer. In 2004 we were the 10th richest club in Europe, in 2012 Tottenham are only the 11th richest club in Europe, revenue streams have went up with inflation, and we because of CHRONIC mismanagement have completely missed the boat since 2007. They are devaluing the club, under Shepherd for a variety of reasons we were a blue chip club. adidas saw what we were become under Ashley, and wanted nothing more to do with us because we are ran like a corner shop. Newcastle were a 50-70% bigger business than Villa, Everton and Sunderland under the previous regime, we're within £7m of all of them now. It's chronic mismanagement of a business but it's alright because we're making a profit eh? The more money you rake in the bigger playing fields you can operate on, but this is almost a side issue to these clowns. It's fucking ridiculous a club like Newcastle have fans who every summer are worried their best players will be sold. We hardly EVER felt like that under Shepherd, we'd look at clubs like Everton and Villa thinking, aye he'd dee, and him, aye him as well, even Steven Carr came to Newcastle because he "wanted to play for a big club", his words not mine. We're ran like a corner shop man. In fact I challenge you to find me a club in the world bigger than say Blackburn who have financially stagnated purely in terms of income more than Newcastle have 2004-2011. We're devalued, we don't have a commercial department hardly, we don't have people building proper ties around the world with organisations like the likes of Everton even have, we're a joke and it's squarely down to Del Boy and fatty continuing to be completely unaware of the potential of the club, and completely unaware how to progress a football club so they can achieve their potential.

Edited by McFaul

In fact I challenge you to find me a club in the world bigger than say Blackburn who have financially stagnated purely in terms of income more than Newcastle have 2004-2011. We're devalued, we don't have a commercial department hardly, we don't have people building proper ties around the world with organisations like the likes of Everton even have, we're a joke and it's squarely down to Del Boy and fatty continuing to be completely unaware of the potential of the club, and completely unaware how to progress a football club so they can achieve their potential.

I agree to an extent but I'd also point out that before it went a bit iffy 2005-2007 we had 41k ST holders paying 450-650 (not counting posh seats) and now we have at a guess 35k paying 250-450. That's a bit of a difference. Of course you can't "praise" the fat cunt for oiffering good ST deals at the same time as whinging about lowere revenues. It should also go without saying that from a cotporate and sponshorhip pov comparing business confidence/liquidity in 2004 with 2012 is a bit daft.

I agree completely with you about the underlying attitude but I don't think it's as simple as getting a Fletcher in and everything being better within months.

In fact I challenge you to find me a club in the world bigger than say Blackburn who have financially stagnated purely in terms of income more than Newcastle have 2004-2011. We're devalued, we don't have a commercial department hardly, we don't have people building proper ties around the world with organisations like the likes of Everton even have, we're a joke and it's squarely down to Del Boy and fatty continuing to be completely unaware of the potential of the club, and completely unaware how to progress a football club so they can achieve their potential.

I agree to an extent but I'd also point out that before it went a bit iffy 2005-2007 we had 41k ST holders paying 450-650 (not counting posh seats) and now we have at a guess 35k paying 250-450. That's a bit of a difference. Of course you can't "praise" the fat cunt for oiffering good ST deals at the same time as whinging about lowere revenues. It should also go without saying that from a cotporate and sponshorhip pov comparing business confidence/liquidity in 2004 with 2012 is a bit daft.

I agree completely with you about the underlying attitude but I don't think it's as simple as getting a Fletcher in and everything being better within months.

Aye I'm not like Leazes where my support of FFS regime is without reservation, from appointing Souness the disaster began in every way, accelerated by these clueless clowns.

Mate, I'm in the Leazes and I wish my ticket cost £450, the East Stand is STILL nearer £700, and Platinum £900. Level 7 is the only place with cheap tickets for families, and young 16 to 21 year old kids.

Not that I can be bothered to join this tedious debate about who's been the best owners, but I reckon it's not all about comparing turnover as a measure of success anyway.

The club was floated in the late 90s and a substantial amount of money was put into the club by the folks who bought shares (including me). I'll leave it up to others to debate whether this money was spent wisely.

I can only go by mine (when I had it) Stevie - at its peak in 2007 I think it was 643 (Milburn L7) but a couple of summers drops combined with the 3 year deal had taken it down to about 460 I think.

I reckon the total ST revenue is problably down about 25% off the top of my head.

As I also said I think you're really underestimnating how much businesses (especially in the NE) are fucked.

I can only go by mine (when I had it) Stevie - at its peak in 2007 I think it was 643 (Milburn L7) but a couple of summers drops combined with the 3 year deal had taken it down to about 460 I think.

I reckon the total ST revenue is problably down about 25% off the top of my head.

As I also said I think you're really underestimnating how much businesses (especially in the NE) are fucked.

10% max imo. I'm on the 10 year deal in the Leazes and it's £504.

Aye but the Milburn level 7 used to be full of people paying top whack - now its full of people paying family prices which are what £250?

Aye L7 as I said they've altered it, I think it's £300 for an adult and wain in L7, the rest of the ground remains the same.

By the same measure as Leazes uses to place us 5th best, if the league standings remain as they are, Ashley has us on average 10th best in terms of top flight finishes under his ownership....

1.4 Manchester United

2.6 Chelsea

3.6 Arsenal

5.2 Liverpool

5.6 Manchester City

6.2 Tottenham Hotspur

7.0 Everton

8.4 Aston Villa

11.2 Fulham

12.0 Newcastle United

Take out the first Keegan tenure (which was our real zenith, steadily downhill since then) our average "finish" was 9.4th, that still good enough for 5th best ???

Mate you wouldn't say that in most pubs because people would hit you. Fuckin what an arsehole. C U N T

Either a mackem or a cunt, 50/50 either way.

You do know what zenith means dont u Hulk?

So the man who has put millions in without return is in it for the profit, but the men who actually fleeced the club of millions weren't. Right.

they are all in it for profit, not exactly a leap for the imagination , whos the greediest cunt is another question, they arent fans who won the lottery

Fact is Gem, they would love to prove me wrong, but can't.

Mainly .... In fact WHOLLY because he ignores questions asked of him, makes up imaginary points to argue against, and is the only one on here armed with a flowchart

Also he is a complete BLEND FACT!!!

Go on Leazes.... prove ME wrong chum!