Terry to be prosecuted

Gemmill

If he's not telling the truth the footage won't support it. It's probably not too bright to embellish the story in this way if there's good quality footage of the incident and the events leading up to it

Edit: I should add I haven't actually seen the incident, so don't know if this is the case

Ashley Cole is in the foreground and passes in front of Terry just prior to the "fucking black bastard" bit. So, my take is, he (or rather his advisors) have taken this opportunity to make up some words that preceded the offending ones in order to try and get him off.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's not telling the truth the footage won't support it. It's probably not too bright to embellish the story in this way if there's good quality footage of the incident and the events leading up to it

Edit: I should add I haven't actually seen the incident, so don't know if this is the case

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfoaoQImtaI&feature=related

Apologies, it was "fucking black cunt", not bastard.

The FA have come out of this as shambolic.

This and the whole racism situation we have at present.

I think the FA have to hold back on this one / are in a difficult position due to the legal case. I'm not one to defend the FA under normal circumstances either.

Ashley Cole is in the foreground and passes in front of Terry just prior to the "fucking black bastard" bit. So, my take is, he (or rather his advisors) have taken this opportunity to make up some words that preceded the offending ones in order to try and get him off.

Aha. To my mind this would require Cole to support this version of events to be credible, which is Gem's point. Possibly an interesting dilemma for Cole if Terry is guilty....support a teammate or refuse to help a racist.....

Aha. To my mind this would require Cole to support this version of events to be credible, which is Gem's point. Possibly an interesting dilemma for Cole if Terry is guilty....support a teammate or refuse to help a racist.....

Surely the police would have interviewed Cole as a witness and if Cole backed him up then I can't see how the CPS would have brought it to trial.

I think the FA have to hold back on this one / are in a difficult position due to the legal case. I'm not one to defend the FA under normal circumstances either.

The game in England needs a solid figure at the moment and the FA should be that. Why is it difficult to act quicker to take the arm band off Terry as soon as he is charged? Its a joke.

Should've just said he would never have said anything like that. If they'd asked what he said he should've then said I don't remember. He's partially incriminated himself with his statement.

The game in England needs a solid figure at the moment and the FA should be that. Why is it difficult to act quicker to take the arm band off Terry as soon as he is charged? Its a joke.

Aye, they could've done that I suppose. I take your point.

I agree with you there Parky, its not their own in house investigation or process which can make it awkward for them

still, don't think we should be going to a major tournament with a captain (or player at all) with a criminal trial hanging over their head

Thanks for posting the footage, Gem. I agree with you. Everything about Terry's body language and expression is abusive, there's no way he's putting Ferdinand straight. As Alex said, someone's probably watched the footage carefully and concocted a defence. As I said before, this sort of thing is bang on character for Terry who strikes me as a nasty piece of work.

The FA have come out of this as shambolic. This and the whole racism situation we have at present.
I agree with you there Parky, its not their own in house investigation or process which can make it awkward for them still, don't think we should be going to a major tournament with a captain (or player at all) with a criminal trial hanging over their head

Are Alex and Parky one and the same?

In an incident as serious as this, the way I see it is if Cole knows what went on and Terry is innocent, then he would absolutely have publicly agreed with Terry's version of events and defended him over it. If Terry made that story up though, I don't think he could realistically say to another black lad "Look, I've been caught, I did call him a black cunt. Now between the two of us we need to come up with a story to get me off. You up for that?"

Fuck! sorry alex

shamefully admit that I do that all the time but usually realise before I post! :blush2:

It's a compliment I suppose.

To him ;)

Chelsea have stayed relatively (to liverpool) quiet on the whole subject though

perhaps cole will be there as witness for the defence when the time comes, hes under no obligation to come out to the press especially since most nonchelsea fans wouldn't believe him anyway

Thanks for posting the footage, Gem. I agree with you. Everything about Terry's body language and expression is abusive, there's no way he's putting Ferdinand straight. As Alex said, someone's probably watched the footage carefully and concocted a defence. As I said before, this sort of thing is bang on character for Terry who strikes me as a nasty piece of work.

To be honest, watching it again and reading some of the comments on the youtube link - the first comment claims he's saying "Haha yeah I called you a black cunt, you fucking knobhead" - I started to wonder whether it wasn't him being sarcy and basically denying it. But I keep coming back to the belief that if you really thought that was what was going on, you'd be running after the lad going "Are you serious? You think that's what I said?!", not calling him a knobhead for thinking it had happened. Now if you HAD called him it, and there was no point in you chasing him to try and plead your innocence cos you both KNEW you'd done it, and you were trying to rubbish what the lad had claimed, THEN you'd do the "Haha..." sarcy bit. :lol:

SO!

The prosecution case is this:

Either you were calling him a black cunt in the footage

OR

You were trying to sarcastically rubbish what Ferdinand said, knowing that second earlier you'd called him it.

Either way you are a guilty man. What say ye, John Terry?

Chelsea have stayed relatively (to liverpool) quiet on the whole subject though

perhaps cole will be there as witness for the defence when the time comes, hes under no obligation to come out to the press especially since most nonchelsea fans wouldn't believe him anyway

The difference is that Terry has been charged with a criminal offence and the club have been advised that any comment/gesture could be seen to influence his trial. Therefore they've been told to keep quiet.

but that would surely extend to Cole too in that case?

especially since hes not actually in the press that much, hes not captain, doesnt do a lot of interviews etc, he'd have to put out a statement rather than be asked by someone

Edited by Semimental

In an incident as serious as this, the way I see it is if Cole knows what went on and Terry is innocent, then he would absolutely have publicly agreed with Terry's version of events and defended him over it. If Terry made that story up though, I don't think he could realistically say to another black lad "Look, I've been caught, I did call him a black cunt. Now between the two of us we need to come up with a story to get me off. You up for that?"

Oh aye I agree with you that Ashley would have waded in there if Terry was innocent. That doesn't mean Terry might not pressure him if he didn't hear it like that....

"Ashley, you know I never said them fings. You know I'd never say somefink like that. How long have we been mates? You know that's not me. You won't let me down, will ya?" etc

Cole would be unwise to make any public comment on the situation, if he is going to be called as a witness. But I would have thought that if he had supported Terry's version of events in police interviews then it wouldn't have come to trial. In my uninformed opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfoaoQImtaI&feature=related

Apologies, it was "fucking black cunt", not bastard.

Thing is though, he definitely does seem to say "Yeah yeah yeah. I..(something something ??) just as Ashley Cole obscures the footage of his mouth, and then ends: "..fucking black cunt! Fucking nobhead"

It does seem to be dismissive language, even if it is with his trademark hate face. Then he offers another insult at the end, which he'll no doubt argue was redundant if he had actually already insulted him.

It's whether it's plausible he's fitted the missing five syllables into the bit when Cole jogs across the screen.

He's getting off with it iyam.

To be honest, watching it again and reading some of the comments on the youtube link - the first comment claims he's saying "Haha yeah I called you a black cunt, you fucking knobhead" - I started to wonder whether it wasn't him being sarcy and basically denying it. But I keep coming back to the belief that if you really thought that was what was going on, you'd be running after the lad going "Are you serious? You think that's what I said?!", not calling him a knobhead for thinking it had happened. Now if you HAD called him it, and there was no point in you chasing him to try and plead your innocence cos you both KNEW you'd done it, and you were trying to rubbish what the lad had claimed, THEN you'd do the "Haha..." sarcy bit. :lol:

SO!

The prosecution case is this:

Either you were calling him a black cunt in the footage

OR

You were trying to sarcastically rubbish what Ferdinand said, knowing that second earlier you'd called him it.

Either way you are a guilty man. What say ye, John Terry?

I just don't think he'd go for sarcasm delivered with a menacing smile in that instance but I've no way of proving it. I think he'd be far more likely to say "Fuck off I never called you that" => indignant response