Terry to be prosecuted

Gemmill

If he's not telling the truth the footage won't support it. It's probably not too bright to embellish the story in this way if there's good quality footage of the incident and the events leading up to it

Edit: I should add I haven't actually seen the incident, so don't know if this is the case

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfoaoQImtaI&feature=related

Apologies, it was "fucking black cunt", not bastard.

Thing is though, he definitely does seem to say "Yeah yeah yeah. I..(something something ??) just as Ashley Cole obscures the footage of his mouth, and then ends: "..fucking black cunt! Fucking nobhead"

It does seem to be dismissive language, even if it is with his trademark hate face. Then he offers another insult at the end, which he'll no doubt argue was redundant if he had actually already insulted him.

It's whether it's plausible he's fitted the missing five syllables into the bit when Cole jogs across the screen.

He's getting off with it iyam.

Of course he is.

Footballers have waaaaaay too much power with the amount of cash they have.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's not telling the truth the footage won't support it. It's probably not too bright to embellish the story in this way if there's good quality footage of the incident and the events leading up to it

Edit: I should add I haven't actually seen the incident, so don't know if this is the case

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfoaoQImtaI&feature=related

Apologies, it was "fucking black cunt", not bastard.

Thing is though, he definitely does seem to say "Yeah yeah yeah. I..(something something ??) just as Ashley Cole obscures the footage of his mouth, and then ends: "..fucking black cunt! Fucking nobhead"

It does seem to be dismissive language, even if it is with his trademark hate face. Then he offers another insult at the end, which he'll no doubt argue was redundant if he had actually already insulted him.

It's whether it's plausible he's fitted the missing five syllables into the bit when Cole jogs across the screen.

Aye watching it again, I'm definitely wondering whether it was him being dismissive. I can't believe that would be his response to thinking that someone thought he'd called them that though. Or maybe if you're an arrogant Premiership footballer in the John Terry mould, maybe that is your reaction to it.

Maybe they've got video footage of the incident that led to the denial though - would the CPS recommend a charge based on the video posted alone? Howay grey man, give me the benefit of your legal experience.

Dunno what prompted the clash but to me it makes sense if Ferdinand accused him of something. Cue sarcastic response with abuse on the end ie

Ferdinand "You fucking fouled me you cheating cunt"

Terry "Yeah yeah like I fucking fouled you, you black cunt. Fucking nobhead".

All complete speculation of course.

Edited by Kitman

Of course he is.

Agree on the whole, but on this particular occasion I think that's a bit harsh. He'll get off on the evidence (or lack of it). In fact, it's worth bearing in mind he's been charged with the offence precisely because he's a footballer (ie there are few other scenarios where there'd be that level of scrutiny/footage, if it was an ordinary bloke on the street it would have come to nothing) so he's actually been held to a higher standard of probity. Not saying that makes him a victim, because equally its that same higher level of scrutiny (ie live commercial football) that has made him a multi millionaire and as such it's fair enough, I'm just saying those are the facts and that's the complete context.

Dunno what prompted the clash but to me it makes sense if Ferdinand accused him of something. Cue sarcastic response with abuse on the end ie

Ferdinand "You fucking fouled me you cheating cunt"

Terry "Yeah yeah like I fucking fouled you, you black cunt. Fucking nobhead".

All complete speculation of course.

what DID prompt it ? Did Ferdinand call him a "white honky cunt" or similar perhaps ? [which is obviously different].

Whatever.

I'm pleased the cockney wanker is getting done, all we need now is for Harry Redknapp, Ken Bates, Graeme Souness, Rodney Marsh [insert repulsive sky pundit or cockney wanker of choice] and things are looking up.

Edited by LeazesMag

Aye watching it again, I'm definitely wondering whether it was him being dismissive. I can't believe that would be his response to thinking that someone thought he'd called them that though. Or maybe if you're an arrogant Premiership footballer in the John Terry mould, maybe that is your reaction to it.

Maybe they've got video footage of the incident that led to the denial though - would the CPS recommend a charge based on the video posted alone? Howay grey man, give me the benefit of your legal experience.

The CPS would have charged him on the basis of that footage alone I would imagine purely because there is clear evidence of him saying the words "black cunt". That would mean there was a case to answer. His answer to it lies in the area of doubt created by the bit of footage that gets obscured by Ashley Cole. The CPS will just take the view that's for a tribunal of fact to establish and let it go to court.

I've said it before but criminal law is a right pile of old shite btw. Dead easy, so never let anyone calling themself a criminal lawyer talk down to you. The wigs and gowns need to go, fucking dressing up for grown ups.

Of course he is.

Agree on the whole, but on this particular occasion I think that's a bit harsh. He'll get off on the evidence (or lack of it). In fact, it's worth bearing in mind he's been charged with the offence precisely because he's a footballer (ie there are few other scenarios where there'd be that level of scrutiny/footage, if it was an ordinary bloke on the street it would have come to nothing) so he's actually been held to a higher standard of probity. Not saying that makes him a victim, because equally its that same higher level of scrutiny (ie live commercial football) that has made him a multi millionaire and as such it's fair enough, I'm just saying those are the facts and that's the complete context.

Aye.

Why though has it gone to court and gone this far if there isnt enough evidence? Like whats been said, maybe there is other evidence other than whats on youtube, i.e witness on the pitch etc.

Makes me wonder whether they know that he's fucked, and so don't want to have been seen to do nothing once everything comes to light. But because of innocent until proven guilty, and potential legal challenges, they have to let him play.

That's just me making stuff up though.

I happened to be watching the game it happened in, camera had focused on Terry and I have no doubt he said "f'in black bastard" (I remember being taken aback at the time).

He's saying he'd prefaced that with "I never called you a..." Well all I saw was the second bit and it was spat out with that trademarkTerry venomous look on his face, doesn't fit at all. Guilty as sin IMO.

I think the police have other footage showing the full exchange. Was it live on Sky? They have a few cameras focused solely on single players for the whole match in case they score a wonder goal or do something of note.

Of course he is.

Aye.

Why though has it gone to court and gone this far if there isnt enough evidence? Like whats been said, maybe there is other evidence other than whats on youtube, i.e witness on the pitch etc.

Basically the reason I alluded to in my response to Gemmill. There is evidence (and moreover it's of the 'offending' words) but it's not conclusive. It's been broadcast live and they've got a complainant in Ferdinand who is clearly alleging that's what he did say. In addition to the footage, presumably, will be Ferdinands own testimony where he refers to the original incident that goes beforehand and that Terry seems to be responding to on the telly. ie Ferdinand seems to think he's been called a black cunt (off cam), raises this with Terry, and Terry is presumably seen repsonding to that allegation on cam. So as long as Ferdinand is still emphatic about the original incident thats part of the evidence.

It's not as strong evidence as video footage however and Terry's defence will argue that it was a mishearing, as 'supported' by the video evidence, which shows him correcting Ferdinand's understanding of what had been said.

The CPS would have charged him on the basis of that footage alone I would imagine purely because there is clear evidence of him saying the words "black cunt". That would mean there was a case to answer. His answer to it lies in the area of doubt created by the bit of footage that gets obscured by Ashley Cole. The CPS will just take the view that's for a tribunal of fact to establish and let it go to court.

I've said it before but criminal law is a right pile of old shite btw. Dead easy, so never let anyone calling themself a criminal lawyer talk down to you. The wigs and gowns need to go, fucking dressing up for grown ups.

Surely there's other camera angles that catch more that haven't been available to the general public?

Surely there's other camera angles that catch more that haven't been available to the general public?

Aye maybe. If they do exist though, at the very least they'll show he said something before the words: "you fucking black cunt!" If those earlier words are in any way ambiguous/the meaning is unclear that'll go in his favour.

Aye maybe. If they do exist though, at the very least they'll show he said something before the words: "you fucking black cunt!" If those earlier words are in any way ambiguous/the meaning is unclear that'll go in his favour.

Got to say it looks like he "yeah yeah [ insert Ashley Cole] 'king black cunt" and I can't for the life of me see what he could have said that in that tone, in that situation that mitigates the use of that language.

Suarez tried to pass it* off as an inoffensive term and meant in an affectionate way... there's just no way Terry can, can he? In England, black cunt is not a term that can be passed off as "banter" and there can be no way that Terry was spitting a venomous apology...that's not how apologies work.

regardless of commons sense and reason he will et away with being a terrible prick, yet again.

*his incident

It's about time he was stripped of the captaincy, not only because he is an odious character of low morals, but also because he is absolutely fucking shite at international level football.

:lol: Aye, how the fuck did he even get it back after losing it last time surely fucking a team mates fiance is a no no in terms of leading the team. He's just a loudmouth cunt he's not a leader, not even sure why it's relevant anyway he should lost his captaincy because he's finished internationally and it's time for the young lads to come through the old lot have had their chances and failed spectacularly.