James Perch

DubiousBobcat

We still missed Tiote today. Perch is good cover though if we're ever without Cabaye and Tiote again.

Hopefully Vuckic, Gosling and Abeid can also step up. Centre Midfield is a position of strength for us.

Guest CabayeAye

Why have you got Ferguson down as "should go" given you want a "young LB" as back-up?

Because Ferguson is a LW, not a LB and I'm not convinced he will make it in either position.

He was a little more than solid today in my opinion mate, if he'd done what he did today whilst wearing a Tiote shirt most people would have been purring over him.

Not taking away from a very good Perch performance, but that's blatantly not true.

There was one point when he won three tackles in about 6 seconds, and showed grit and determination to get through each one, i thought that was without a doubt his best moment in a toon shirt

So he won a tackle, then gave the ball immediately away, then won a tackle, then gave the ball immediately away then won a tackle - all within a 6 second period...... Is this from the CT school of logic where a defender is rated based on the number of last ditch slide tackles they attempt?

I thought both him and Guthrie did well. Obviously you wouldn't want us to play those two there every week but, in the second half in particular, they both executed their roles very well. I thought Perch was quite neat and tidy on the ball too, as well as getting stuck in.

• 1 month later...