American Football Thread

Bictor

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather watch PaulWyn have sex for 5 minutes than sit through 3 hours of that shite. It's staggeringly pathetic, awful sport. I bet the League Cup Final gets a bigger true audience world wide than the Superbowls, in fact if you're all honest there'd have been more people worldwide watching The Toon v Villa.

Errrrrrrrrrrrr who won? Saw the build up last night but went to bed before it kicked off........Do they call it kick off?

First Downs or summik isn't it?

I've got no doubt in my mind J69 will know.

Errrrrrrrrrrrr who won? Saw the build up last night but went to bed before it kicked off........Do they call it kick off?

First Downs or summik isn't it?

I've got no doubt in my mind J69 will know.

Being the independent free thinking woman that I am I looked it up and now knwo the result.

I thought it was decent. It was more interesting watching a close game compared to when say New England hammered the Broncos in the playoffs. The fact that they could have still won it in the dying seconds was good.

Bradys fucking awesome, can't believe he's lost 3 Superbowls like.

The Giants won! I'd say the worst team to ever win a superbowl, they only got to the superbowl because the Packers and 49ers had so many mistakes.

The game itself was pretty shit!

They're a very good team they played poor during the season but got hot during the play-offs and were a well disciplined unit. Eli is now an elite QB, they have 2 great receivers (Nicks and Cruz) as well as one good receiver (Manningham), a good little and large combo with their backs and a very powerful pass rush. They started the season well too but were ripped apart by injuries before finishing strong. The Packers were killed by the 2 weeks off tbh it knocked them out their rhythm, the 49ers made 2 big mistakes (by the same player) and the Giants punished them like good teams do.

I thought it was decent. It was more interesting watching a close game compared to when say New England hammered the Broncos in the playoffs. The fact that they could have still won it in the dying seconds was good.

I agree it was a good game, it helped that I was rooting for the Giants so the ending was very nervy (like I mentioned earlier my lasses Uncle is a big Giants fan) I didn't expect it to be high scoring because the Giants have a good defence and the Patriots Defence is much improved in the play-offs so I wasn't let down by the low scoring.

Brady's only lost 2 btw both to the Giants, still he's got 3 SB wins 2 of them as an MVP, he's a multimillionaire and he's got Gisele for a wife the cuntbag.

Edited by Howay

Its two superbowls, won 3 lost 2.

Yeah decent but still pretty poor. Last years superbowl between the Packers and Steelers was a lot better quality and had much more excitement. Though that might be just because i support Green Bay.

They're a very good team they played poor during the season but got hot during the play-offs and were a well disciplined unit. Eli is now an elite QB, they have 2 great receivers (Nicks and Cruz) as well as one good receiver (Manningham), a good little and large combo with their backs and a very powerful pass rush. They started the season well too but were ripped apart by injuries before finishing strong. The Packers were killed by the 2 weeks off tbh it knocked them out their rhythm, the 49ers made 2 big mistakes (by the same player) and the Giants punished them like good teams do.

There team is good but not as talented as recent superbowl winning teams. There only elite player (i dont count Eli as elite just yet) is Jason Pierre Paul and maybe Corey Webster. Tuck had a down year, Nicks just hasn't done it on a consistent basis mainly due to injuries and Cruz obviously needs to have more than one year.

He only lost 2? That's why I couldn't believe it was 3 :lol:

I'm looking forward to next season. Indianapolis can't do any worse.

You looking forward to having Andrew Luck? This is real rebuilding time for you but the future definitely looks bright with Luck at QB.

There team is good but not as talented as recent superbowl winning teams. There only elite player (i dont count Eli as elite just yet) is Jason Pierre Paul and maybe Corey Webster. Tuck had a down year, Nicks just hasn't done it on a consistent basis mainly due to injuries and Cruz obviously needs to have more than one year.

True they aren't as good as recent winners but they're still a pretty well rounded team. Eli just become elite tbh 2 superbowl wins and 2 superbowl MVP awards, when there's 2 minutes left in a game, the Giants are down by a touchdown or less and Eli comes on he makes the touchdown 9 times out of ten. This has been Pierre Paul's 1st great season, Tuck wasn't as good as he normally is but he made 2 sacks in the Superbowl. Cruz is fantastic, he's the same as Pierre Paul in that he needs to repeat his success next year before he can be considered an elite level player but the way he dealt with constant double coverage towards the end of the season as teams realized how effective he is point towards him doing that.

Their rookies like Aaron Ross and Prince Amukamara really come on towards the end of the season too, saying all that I don't see them getting close to repeating as the NFC is very very strong and the Patriots are already down as favorites with the bookies over here (mainly due to their 2 1st round picks and 2 2nd rounders).

True they aren't as good as recent winners but they're still a pretty well rounded team. Eli just become elite tbh 2 superbowl wins and 2 superbowl MVP awards, when there's 2 minutes left in a game, the Giants are down by a touchdown or less and Eli comes on he makes the touchdown 9 times out of ten. This has been Pierre Paul's 1st great season, Tuck wasn't as good as he normally is but he made 2 sacks in the Superbowl. Cruz is fantastic, he's the same as Pierre Paul in that he needs to repeat his success next year before he can be considered an elite level player but the way he dealt with constant double coverage towards the end of the season as teams realized how effective he is point towards him doing that.

Their rookies like Aaron Ross and Prince Amukamara really come on towards the end of the season too, saying all that I don't see them getting close to repeating as the NFC is very very strong and the Patriots are already down as favourites with the bookies over here (mainly due to their 2 1st round picks and 2 2nd rounders).

The Giants definitely have some good youngsters. Its scary to think that Cruz and Pierre-Paul are only in their second years. Amukamara was also a steal at #18 last year.

Hopefully Ponder can come good and thr Vikings can get to the playoffs...... I miss Favre :(

Ponder looked good last year but so did Joe Webb. I wouldnt have total faith in Ponder to become a franchise quarterback, especially with his injury history. Lol Favre will probably be back next year anyway so he might be back in Minnesota.

Agreed and it's really Cruz's 1st because he was badly injured last year incredible that in his 2nd year he's easily beating double coverage, JPP is a monster. Agreed about Amukamara I was expecting him and Patrick Peterson to both be gone in the top 10-15, obviously Peterson went quickly but Amukamara really slipped. Think we're going to see a lot of talented players going lower than they should in this draft too.

Edit: Speaking of Cruz http://www.cbssports...475988/34773707 not really surprising tbh I'd probably give it a try after such a great year.

Edited by Howay

You looking forward to having Andrew Luck? This is real rebuilding time for you but the future definitely looks bright with Luck at QB.

It's fucking crazy that we get him because we're so fucking bad in 2011. Suppose that's one reason why American sports are better then ours.

It's fucking crazy that we get him because we're so fucking bad in 2011. Suppose that's one reason why American sports are better then ours.

Yeah its so much more competitive! A shit team can become a great team in 3 years.

It would be impossible to implement that sort of system in the premier league though. Its a shame because thats one the the main reasons im interested in american football.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...