Mackem picture

SouthernMag

Was back in June/July of last year when someone posted a picture of a couple of inbred Mackems outside SJP giving the two-fingered salute whilst holding up the banner "Sunderland, pride of the North" or whatever. Could someone re-post that pic for me plz? or at least guide me to the right thread and page. FANKS

Edited by SouthernMag

Ah, you no doubt mean the "MAKEM'S, Rule" photo...

230082_169050156489383_109099755817757_423014_2561790_n.jpg

That's the one. Cheers :mrgreen:

Do you think they made the trip from Sunderland to SJP just to pose for a photo of them holding that banner?

I only remembered it vaguely!

Why? Is it 'shopped or something?

Edited by SouthernMag

Do you think they made the trip from Sunderland to SJP just to pose for a photo of them holding that banner?

Absolutely no doubt in my mind they skipped the metro into town but when they got off at Haymarket the inspectors were at the turnstiles at the top of the escalators so they sprinted past them where a speccy ripped the Reg Vardy sponsored mackem shirt off the one on the right in an attempt to grab him which is why he's sporting his vest, his 80's hairdo slowed him down too much.

The fine they received on the way home meant they had to go without cheesy chips and panda pops for a week but the knowledge that their well scrawled abusive 'banner' will wind up 'the barcodes' was worth the week away from the pleasures of an Iceland feast and a month on the metro loser list.

Personally I'm cut deeply that Brewcie is one of them and not a Geordie hero it upsets me to the same level as that 9-1 loss does. Seriously man they do things like this to get our backs up but I actually cried laughing looking at that, yet when we turn our attention to them we create 100 page joke books that they are so unbelievably devastated about they work on getting it banned because of the cover.

Edited by Howay

There was 4 mackems staying in the digs I was in this week.

Thursday night there was a quiz on, so me and my mate joined , as did the inbreeds.

After a few rounds there was a instant prize question, when the quiz guy read out the results, these inbreeds had named their team FTM, oh how everyone laughed! ( Actually, no one even commented , as it meant nowt to any of the locals)

Next up was the beers question, so a swift name change to "5th In The League" from us, as well as winning the beer and Quiz guy saying " We have some Geordies in the house" and the inbreeds instantly got the lip on.

I also bet them pints that our 2 man team would beat their 4 man team, they accepted and duly came last, whereupon they all scuttled off without getting the beers.

Pride of the North, eh lads?

There was 4 mackems staying in the digs I was in this week.

Thursday night there was a quiz on, so me and my mate joined , as did the inbreeds.

After a few rounds there was a instant prize question, when the quiz guy read out the results, these inbreeds had named their team FTM, oh how everyone laughed! ( Actually, no one even commented , as it meant nowt to any of the locals)

Next up was the beers question, so a swift name change to "5th In The League" from us, as well as winning the beer and Quiz guy saying " We have some Geordies in the house" and the inbreeds instantly got the lip on.

I also bet them pints that our 2 man team would beat their 4 man team, they accepted and duly came last, whereupon they all scuttled off without getting the beers.

Pride of the North, eh lads?

In almost 40 years and having been away from the NE cumulatively for 10 years or so in that time, I can honestly say I've only met 2 I would trust or could say I would comfortably share a pint with .

Had a mate who was seeing a lass from over there. She was single parent and moving flat to move in with her teenage daughter (who was living with the dad at time) . Never met her before this . 3 of us went over to help her move out her flat which was in middle of the town as she was uneasy there given what went on nearby . Absolute shitheap which I could go into much more detail on, was a hostel over the way with night of living dead everywhere, hangin outside boozers in morning, needles in yard, allsorts. Couldnt leave van unattended or door of flats open. City rats basically. Anyway we load van and head over to get daughter's stuff from the dads house. He was immediately off with us all just because we were Newcastle, this despite us going neutral and offering customary "hello mate, yalright" as went in given the circumstance. His place stunk , and I mean stunk of tabs and cats. We loads van and picks up daughter. All the while he just skulked in kitchen. He wasn't disabled or infirm at all as he was supposedly a 'bouncer' . Max n Paddy in reverse like. We set off and he drives ahead of us to show where the new place - 3 minutes drive away - that all this shit was going. We get there. . . He sits in car watching us start to unload then drives off with a sneer. Now no matter what he thought of us, or the history with the lass - this was his teenage daughter and he did nothing whatsoever to help her other than to have a Sewpaking out the window of his battered stinkin Sierra .

Place she was moving was some kind of newish build place nearly opposite Glass Centre and right next to it was another fuckin hostel and all afternoon had smackos walking by trying to screw the van, huddling round phonebox with hands down the front of their pants and going by trying to drop a wedge in the door so could get in later.

That one afternoon was as long as I'm ever going to spend in that town and in their company for a long long time . On the way out the Godforsaken place I think we got 80mph+ out of that van heading towards the Monky Bridge .

:lol: Class, when I was younger I once had the (mis)pleasure of doing a few jobs down there while working for a construction company. Basically fixing up their council flats, again similar to the above we had to watch the van at all times while they stood there smoking while watching everything we did while the husband would tell us how he would have done it if he hadn't put his back out. Anyway one of the blokes houses we were working on started talking about how he took loads of acid when he was younger (no idea how he got onto that subject to this day), the highlight being when he was telling us about how he took acid and wondered down to Seaham beach one day and got chased off a big green monster with 3 eyes, the monster caught up with him and knocked him down and started savaging his leg, turns out the daft bastard was being ravaged by a stray dog.

Absolute hell hole of a place mind similar to the picture Lovethebobby painted really couldn't get out of there quick enough after we were done for the day, felt sorry for some of the people there like. Other uncomfortable experiences of this time was a staffy dog hitting me in the nuts as I walked through one of the doors the woman had 5 staffys in total, she give them to all the families in the estate there was even a stray one walking the streets that nicked one of my sandwiches after I dropped it (not that I minded too much mind probably the poor things only meal for a while). Houses either side of hers were about to be demolished, heard people breaking in them stealing copper wire and the tiles off the roof, now don't get me wrong I've worked on estates similar in Newcastle and Gateshead but there's just something more unpleasant about Sunderland, definitely more needles littered about for a start.

Edited by Howay

@Howay - aye mate they are definately of a 'different outlook' let's say . I'd have paid good money to have seen that Makem tripping his box off, frantically clawing his way through the debris of the beach, dubious caramel smudges appearing like dialating pupils through his nylon, a 3-legged raggy old lurcher in hot persuit . Him probably yelling 'gerraway, gerroffuz , , y , , y MAGGIE SCUM , wa bheat the scum TOO-WUN , TOO-WUN . . ' at it .

Filthy fuckin stinkers .

@Howay - aye mate they are definately of a 'different outlook' let's say . I'd have paid good money to have seen that Makem tripping his box off, frantically clawing his way through the debris of the beach, dubious caramel smudges appearing like dialating pupils through his nylon, a 3-legged raggy old lurcher in hot persuit . Him probably yelling 'gerraway, gerroffuz , , y , , y MAGGIE SCUM , wa bheat the scum TOO-WUN , TOO-WUN . . ' at it .

Filthy fuckin stinkers .

:lol: Stood telling us this in his old Reg Vardy number, I like to imagine he was in sweatpants and his Reg Vardy while running round Seaham off his lips. Agree the state of a stray dog in Seaham is also a very interesting image to imagine.