Demba Ba

Kid Dynamite

Sold or not, we'll sorely miss both Dembas in January/February 2013.

Hope we can get Ameobi/Best/Lovenkrands/Ranger off the books and bring in another good striker as competition.

To be fair, Shola has been a tidy sub in recent games. i wouldn't get rid if we continue utilising him in that role. Never would start him though....

But as a 5th choice forward, I'd rather have a young lad with potential on lower wages and free up his salary for someone who can actually play 90 minutes....obviously Ameobi has bags of potential, but he ain't young any more.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sold or not, we'll sorely miss both Dembas in January/February 2013.

Hope we can get Ameobi/Best/Lovenkrands/Ranger off the books and bring in another good striker as competition.

To be fair, Shola has been a tidy sub in recent games. i wouldn't get rid if we continue utilising him in that role. Never would start him though....

But as a 5th choice forward, I'd rather have a young lad with potential on lower wages and free up his salary for someone who can actually play 90 minutes....obviously Ameobi has bags of potential, but he ain't young any more.

That's what people said when they were arguing for Nile Ranger to start over Shola. Fact is, young lads are prone to go out drink driving and breaking jaws, whilst Shola is content to do his job and get home to his extensive collection of hats.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy we've a 2 week break now, ample time for Pardew and his staff to have a word with Ba. Might be able to look at some things in training, whatever it takes to up his spirits ad get him back in the goals.

His game has definitely suffered a little bit but I think he's a decent enough - and spiritual - person to not get too disheartened as long as the team is doing well. Naturally he won't be too happy at the moment, hence his frustration today. I don't think he's the type to misbehave though, I don't expect to read or heat about him getting in fights with the manager or anything.

For half a season he was the star of the show, everyone loved him, the media were crazy about him... now his quiet mate from Senegal has 'stolen' all the limelight from him. Going a few games without scoring must be difficult to take for any striker, no matter who you are or what contribution you're making to the side in the meantime.

He isnt scoring because Cisse is taking up the position he used to take up. I am confident he can turn it around though, players like him play well no matter where they play on the pitch.

Rooney-esque role for him maybe, coming from behind and bagging 10-15 goals a season.../dream

First job on the agenda - keep him this summer.

As long as we keep winning his poor goalscoring form could keep a few preying eyes away if anything. I think he's quality but we've all seen plenty of flash in the pan strikers in the PL and other clubs could well take a step back and look at other players.

Anyway, who would he sign for? Another Champions League team?!!

This wont be a popular opinion around here, but to me it looks like he is sulking because he is no longer the centre of attention..

I hope Im wrong but Demba needs to realise this is Newcastle FC, not Demba Ba FC. Its about the team, not him - so drop the Ronaldo sulking when you dont score, as long as we win you should be celebrating with your mates not sit on the bench with a big pouty lower lip.

again, I hope I am reading this wrong - and stop sending cisse on corner runs because you want it back in the box!

Edited by Lake Bells tits

I don't think he's likely sulking at not being the centre of attention, he will be unhappy at being subbed as any footballer should be. The problem is happy or not, with a clause for just £5m any number of clubs should be in for him as at that price its not a gamble so i do worry about it. If it was £15m or maybe even £10m they'd have to think about it, but not £5m. However Pardew has done nothing wrong as the decisions to sub him were right imo.

KSA, the release clause is there. Its been confirmed numerous times. Whether its 5 mill or 7 mill we dont know, but its low enough that its basically a nobrainer as long as you get over his booby-trapped knee.

By journos and ITK`s, as well as never being denied by the club and contract talk with the sole aim of getting rid of the clause have been going on for a while. Didnt pardew come out recently asking for the fans help to get him to sign?

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-wire/demba-ba-loves-it-at-newcastle-works-so-cisse-can-score/?

Tuesday, April 10 on Canal + Sport, Thouroude Thomas and his team welcome a prestigious guest: Demba Ba. Newcastle striker, revelation of the Premier League this season.

Demba Ba is one of the big revelations of the Premier League this season. On PSG’s list for the next summer transfer window, Newcastle striker has admitted carrying in the capital club in his heart before discarding the hypothesis of going there this summer.

“I work in order to score goals but also so Papiss can score. The coach told me he would put me on the left. And for the team I thought let’s do it. And also I know the qualities of Papiss as a finisher and it does not bother me at all.

As a striker you like to be in the striking position but now the coach has made a decision. He has decided for Papiss to be there. I do what I have to do to balance the formation and for the good of the team. If I can be in the finishing area I do everything to be there, if I cannot, we do the work for Papiss. I like to be up front but lately the coach has decided to play with three strikers and I do not mind playing on the side and in the finishing area I try to be there even when we have the ball but these days it is Papiss who scores all the goals and I work in order to score goals but I also work so Papiss can score.

If I score that’s great but if I don’t score there is someone else who does.

It’s always a dream for me to play one day at PSG, but I’m really happy where I am in Newcastle and the English league suits me perfectly. I always loved the PSG anyway. I just saw them beat Marseille at Yohan Cabaye ‘s place last Sunday. But since I joined Newcastle, I have rediscovered the feeling I had when I was a young boy and when I played on the pitches at the bottom of the street”.

Watch the full interview (in French!) here