Demba Ba

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has he gone off the boil or is his new position playing deeper to the detriment of his game?

I wouldnt mind seeing the front 2 swap, Ba looks the better poacher to me with Cisse playing in behind him.

I agree.

Cisse looks like he likes to drift wide and pick up the ball and has that turn of pace from deep.

Ba is a number 10, happy to drop deep and link with the midfield. Cisse is a no9 who just plays on the shoulder of the last man(or 2yards beyond him!).

Both are in their favoured positions at the minute, hoofing it long seems to be Pardews current instructions which isn't ideal.

I think playing that 4-4-1-1 will pay off. Ben Arfa wants that no 10 role too.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the clause is there.

Tiote got a new contract after about 6 months and Dekka has said that if players are playing at a leel above their contract, it will be reviewed. I think he said they look at Cabaye's next year.

I'd wait and see if he scores again!

Think he's been tampered with in Africa!

Or Pardew's tactics.

As Ive said one or twice, I have no doubt that with proper service from the wings we would riot over a lot of teams.

The sort of ball Jonas delivered last week should be coming in time after time.

It's not even about proper service from the wings. They both have fantastic movement yet due to Pardew's tactics they are spending a lot of time with their backs to goal tussling with opposition centre backs. We're not playing to their strengths at all.

He's still playing well he's just doing it further from goal, remember he was a world class fingertip save from scoring against Norwich

A combination of Pardews poor recent tactics and Ba playing deeper (which seems to be his preference) is resulting in him not scoring at the minute. I don't think he's gone off the boil though. Still looks as good to me.

This for me. He looks in good nick and certainly is putting a good shift in every match, but Pardew's stupid hoofball tatcics waste both strikers and with him deeper he gets less shots at goal at the moment. Were we playing better passing football him being deep would still see more than enough chances come his way and as said the Norwich 'keepers save was class.

Its really annoying seeing Pardew waste both strikers by having the ball punted up to them over and over, because as soon as we play some football, either the odd move in the midst of long balls or by him switching tactics (eg. mackems 2nd half) we look a serious threat. Ba with his all round game and Cisse with his pace and eye for timing runs perfectly.

Fuck me. How did this lad ever get16 goals and become the hottest property in the premiership when playing for a tactically inept manager who plays hoofball?

Because we didn't play that way to begin with, we mixed it up nicely and were getting the best out of him, with clear results, then as time has gone on we have blatantly all seen more and more long ball stuff which is pointless as proven every time we switch back to passing it and look a different side.

It makes it worse that Pardew isn't actually a longball manager and has signed players to play football in midfield and up front, then starts increasingly have us twat the ball up long wastign the players we have.

What makes people think AP is telling his players to hoof it? What the manager tells his players to do and what they actually do are two different things at times

You'd do well to find any video of him shouting to a player to keep it on the ground.

What makes people think AP is telling his players to hoof it? What the manager tells his players to do and what they actually do are two different things at times

Either the manager tells them to do it, or they are going against his instructions so he tells them to stop or starts making changes, it always comes down to the boss, whether its his plan or he allows them to continue against his plan.