NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

On current form ( while in england) and current position 15 million sounds about right.

Should he develop into the player I am hoping he will ( which includes a slightly different role in the centre mid) then 25 million would be possible.

That being said, modric went for 27 to real madrid and I dont think Cabaye will ever be as good as him.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan Pardew:

"We are assessing the market at the moment, but Mike will not be held to ransom in the last 72 hours of the transfer window, other clubs know we are in the market and it complicates things in regards to how much they ask. If a good deal presents itself, great. If not - we will go with what we have. Make no mistake about it, we have a great team and a solid underbelly as well. "

Edited by Lake Bells tits

I agree with what Chez said a few posts back. They will get people in when its right regardless of which window that fits in to.

Did it with Cisse and will no doubt do it with a defender if they cant get there first choice in now.

Unfortunately we are not privy to all the wheeling and dealing that goes on behind the scenes and there are many reasons why a target doesnt get across the line.

I agree with what Chez said a few posts back. They will get people in when its right regardless of which window that fits in to.

Did it with Cisse and will no doubt do it with a defender if they cant get there first choice in now.

Unfortunately we are not privy to all the wheeling and dealing that goes on behind the scenes and there are many reasons why a target doesnt get across the line.

Unfortunately "When its right" means when the price is low enough, not when the team needs a spesific player or position filled.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Carrol deal done according to twitter (not Colin). Hope it's true. Could be a special Sunday.

So for the Carrol money we got....... :lol:

According to twitter you say... Must be done then.

that doesn't float when we've needed some of those people for the guts of a year, that makes in ineptitude really, it's not something new that's cropped up and they've been pushed for time.

A single defensive injury in any position along the back for us, a European qualified team, results in one from Williams/R.Taylor/Perch getting to start, that's simply not good enough for the position we're in and the fixtures we could have this year.

If Senegal beat the ivory coast, again we're left with One senior striker (Shola) for the guts of a month at a busy period of the year, again that doesn't even account for an injury.

If you're top 7 material you need strength in depth, and we simply have very little depth at all up front or at the back.

Baffling how we can go from being a top-6 team to comfortably lower mid table should a few quite likely scenarios occur in terms of ACONor injuries. If williamson or perch/taylor gets prolonged spells in our back 4 this season I can see cricket scores occur quite frequently..

Quite the gamble....

Could be an interesting old week for us. Lots of rumours and whispers flying around on twitter.

Still think Carrol will come, a defender will come and a biggy will go.

Squeaky bun time. :lol:

Hopefully Obertan can be classified under that by virtue of head size.

Baffling how we can go from being a top-6 team to comfortably lower mid table should a few quite likely scenarios occur in terms of ACONor injuries. If williamson or perch/taylor gets prolonged spells in our back 4 this season I can see cricket scores occur quite frequently..

Quite the gamble....

Williamson played more than Taylor last season :unsure2:

As you say Simpson played practically every game and Williamson most of the season in which we finished 5th and kept 14 clean sheets. Santon didn't start getting games till well into the season either. Maybe they just aren't as bad as some make out? Colo is obviously good but isn't good enough to defend on his own.

A lot of it was down to Krul as well. I do like Simpson, I think he's ok defensively. But these days you just gota have something from your full backs going forward and he just seems clueless with the ball at his feet in an offensive position.

So on that basis you would be happy with williamson and simpson starting for us for another season ( inevitable really because Steven taylor will self-destruct).

I disagree with you, but its an honest opinion. They both look so, so uncomfortable on the ball and either play it back or play it long.

As you say Simpson played practically every game and Williamson most of the season in which we finished 5th and kept 14 clean sheets. Santon didn't start getting games till well into the season either. Maybe they just aren't as bad as some make out? Colo is obviously good but isn't good enough to defend on his own.

I think we were lucky quite often last season, and I dont think we will get away with playing them for another season.

Replay many of our games and the outcome would be a bit different me thinks.

I think we were lucky quite often last season, and I dont think we will get away with playing them for another season.

Replay many of our games and the outcome would be a bit different me thinks.

You are sounding exactly like the mackems last season now, 'their luck will run out soon' 'lucky mag kernts, it won't last'.. But we managed to keep the luck going for 38 games.