Budget 2012

Christmas Tree

Looks like the centre piece of today's budget will once again be the Conservatives lifting thousands of low paid families out of tax altogether by raising the threshold for income tax to £9,000 followed by a further increase to £10,000 the year after.

Tax cuts for the poor...... That's the Conservatives. :)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the centre piece of today's budget will once again be the Conservatives lifting thousands of low paid families out of tax altogether by raising the threshold for income tax to £9,000 followed by a further increase to £10,000 the year after.

Tax cuts for the poor...... That's the Conservatives. :)

The big benefit for me will be the introduction of a transferable tax allowance.

Only CT could view the removal of the 50p rate for top earners and the cut in corporation tax that will fund NHS cuts as a good deal for the poor.

The change in the threshold to £9000 will save anyone earning it £125 a year....£10 a month.

Let them eat cake.

I fucking despise these twats in charge at the minute. I reserve most of that for Clegg. The ultimate politician in every negative sense of the word. Sold out his party, the voters and the British public at the first sniff of power.

You expect it from the Tories, but I would have hoped for better from the Lib Dems.

Each side will of course see what they want to see.

Labour had 13 years to raise the tax threshhold, they didnt bother.

Labour had 13 years to raise pensions by tying them in to the retail price index, they didnt bother.

Labour had 13 years to tax the bankers, they didnt bother.

Im sure just like last year this will be another excellent budget.

Only CT could view the removal of the 50p rate for top earners and the cut in corporation tax that will fund NHS cuts as a good deal for the poor.

The change in the threshold to £9000 will save anyone earning it £125 a year....£10 a month.

Let them eat cake.

Its all about wealth creation, you know, that little thing that keeps this country going. ;)

Let them eat cake.

Its all about wealth creation, you know, that little thing that keeps this country going. ;)

The lie you believe is that a tax cut for corporations will entice them to base their operations (and thus create jobs) here rather than abroad.

When it comes hand in hand with the approval to offshore even government contracts to the cheapest international bidder do you not question the contradiction there?

As evidenced by the recovery.

Yes, if only our biggest markets in Euro hadnt been facing disaster.

Twas a budget for the times we live in as this one will be. Tough but fair.

As evidenced by the recovery.

Yes, if only our biggest markets in Euro hadnt been facing disaster.

Twas a budget for the times we live in as this one will be. Tough but fair.

So I can expect a 10% tax cut like the wealthiest are getting too? :drinks:

The Tory Party can trace its roots back to Robin Hood and his Merry Men. Consistent friends of the poor, they have faced perennial criticism over their insistence on a fair deal for the disadvantaged, making enemies of the well off in the process. Their leader Dai Cameron grew up in the former mining community of Ebbw Vale: one could not say he is a friend of the establishment. "No one goes short on my watch" has become Cameron's mantra in his time in office. Expect the forthcoming Budget to be another painful event for the business and upper classes, with spending on luxury items being reined in, and glum faces in Knightsbridge.

I propose that double cheeseburgers should be subject to VAT at 50%. This would rise to 100% with a side order of chips and coleslaw. in addition taxi drivers should be compelled to donate their legs for transplant purposes, given all they do is sit around all day.

Definitely not reading this thread if CT is going on like this and I'm not getting in a slanging match with him. Typical selfish Tory voter tbh. And I say that with 100% conviction

Aye this is the top and bottom of it. Let's see how funny it all is when one of his kids finds themselves on the wrong end of tory policy, or heaven forbid the changes to the NHS that are currently being forced through.

When I'm alright Jack is no longer alright.

Definitely not reading this thread if CT is going on like this and I'm not getting in a slanging match with him. Typical selfish Tory voter tbh. And I say that with 100% conviction

Aye this is the top and bottom of it. Let's see how funny it all is when one of his kids finds themselves on the wrong end of tory policy, or heaven forbid the changes to the NHS that are currently being forced through.

When I'm alright Jack is no longer alright.

tbh that's the joy of coming on here. It's like sharing a cab with a typical taxi driver, without the inconvenience of having to travel anywhere.....

Or like the poor are getting?

Fraid not, you're in that rich middle class that isnt poor and doesnt create jobs.

You need to do yor bit for queen and country while sipping on your pims after work.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Or like the poor are getting?

Where are the poor getting that from?

Well if you are currently paying tax and are going to be taken out of it altogether.......

I've never understood why working class people vote conservative? I can see that some people would side with their right wing policies on immigration but surely they have enough of a clue to understand the working masses are the people the Tories care the least about

I've never understood why working class people vote conservative? I can see that some people would side with their right wing policies on immigration but surely they have enough of a clue to understand the working masses are the people the Tories care the least about

Tell that to all the council house owners