Budget 2012

Christmas Tree

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as no chancellor can do much in these tough times, overall I thought the balance was right and geared towards getting the country growing again which is basically the be all and end all.

Right also to concentrate on Industries where we can compete globally.

A sensible budget.

Trickle down economics doesn't work :dunno:

I'm in that fortunate bracket that won't be affected too badly(or positively) by this, but how anyone can see this as anything but a boon for the corporations and the super-rich is a mystery. 14,000 millionaires are getting 40k tax cut. That's Millionaires getting a tax cut of forty thousand pounds.

Good, I wouldn't want them to go without and I'm glad the tories are attacking the pensioners, cos, you know, fuck 'em.

:nah: I'm all right jack- economics and the smugness of CT is entirely unnecessary

The worst bit about that today was the three wankers Clegg, Cameron and Gideon sitting giggling when Milliband was telling them to raise their hands if this budget left them better off.

The smugness of them; Cameron and Osborne providing a flashback to their Bullingdon days with Clegg the ingratiator fagging for the two rich boys. Anyone who could watch that and not want to chin the twats has got something wrong with them.

4.5 million pensioners worse off heehee.

As much as no chancellor can do much in these tough times, overall I thought the balance was right and geared towards getting the country growing again which is basically the be all and end all.

A sensible budget.

hate to burst the bubble but austerity doesn't result in growth. economics 101.

the deficit has to be cut, no argument there, but this course of action, this obesession with cutting the hole in the public finances this quickly and this agressively is only going to result in another recession, and most likely a second great depression.

A sensible budget.

hate to burst the bubble but austerity doesn't result in growth. economics 101.

the deficit has to be cut, no argument there, but this course of action, this obesession with cutting the hole in the public finances this quickly and this agressively is only going to result in another recession, and most likely a second great depression.

Im afraid there is no economics 101 for the mess the world finds itself in. These are uncharted waters and anyone thinking there is one particular magic formula for solving the problem is dim.

@LabourNorth: So 5,000 top rate taxpayers in NE will gain from the tax cut but 323k families will lose child benefit or have it frozen

Howay then CT, where's the upside for these 323,000 families? given 14k Millionaires are going to be £40k better off?

@LabourNorth: So 5,000 top rate taxpayers in NE will gain from the tax cut but 323k families will lose child benefit or have it frozen

Howay then CT, where's the upside for these 323,000 families? given 14k Millionaires are going to be £40k better off?

Theres no point arguing Fish.

I look at the budget overall as a whole while you just want to cherry pick a few lines and dress the whole thing up as that.

Not worth doing the usual 10 rounds that neither side wins and descends into petty name calling.

Guest CabayeAye

We should just get rid of all benefits and give people who work massive PAYE relief.

If you can't be bothered to work, you can fucking starve. Lazy cunts.

Theres no point arguing Fish.

I look at the budget overall as a whole while you just want to cherry pick a few lines and dress the whole thing up as that.

Not worth doing the usual 10 rounds that neither side wins and descends into petty name calling.

:lol: Don't try and paint yourself as some financial whizz kid because it's obvious you're not. I'm talking about 14,000 millionaires getting a tax break at the very same time 323,000 families who were already struggling, now bereft of tax breaks.

You're not "looking at the budget as a whole", you're not doing that at all. You're a tory fan boy who would laud a tax on oxygen if it was wheeled out by your 'Dave'. I'm not Labour, I'm not Lib Dem and I'm certainly not tory... I'm not even badly affected by this budget but I can look at i for what it is. It's a Conservative economy staple of a squeeze on the poor and breaks for corporations and the rich.

I'm all for tightening of belts, but why give breaks to the people who could make the biggest contribution with the smallest pinch on their lifestyle? I like the price hike on fags, I agree (but will suffer for) the price hike on booze and I praise the considerations that have been given to the computer games industry (as it's one of the few growth markets we've got).

CT can you tell me how often miilionaire buys a £2m house compared with how often they get paid?

The idea that closing a few loopholes (which they'll get around anyway) will in any way raise money shows how gullible the cunt thinks we all are.

Also on "trickle down" - the reason the rich are rich is because they don't spend money - if you give anyone on this board 40k they'd go on a fuck off holiday or buy a daft car (not counting mortgage pay-off as that doesn't apply to the rich) - if you give 40k to someone who's rich they stick it in the bank and wank over their statements - it doesn't go back into the economy at all (as the banks won't use it now either).

Personally most of the budget evens itself out for me. Maybe lose some child benefit but tbf why the hell do we get it. Dont smoke etc. The fuel in Aug is a big kick in in the bollocks but most of mine is business miles. While the business is paying more for fuel corporation tax is going down. So, all in all I think Im fairly even, My accountant always sends me a nice budget summary in laymans terms so Ill know better when I get that.

I'm talking about 14,000 millionaires getting a tax break at the very same time 323,000 families who were already struggling, now bereft of tax breaks.

The families who will lose tax breaks are those with a member earning over £50k and even then it isn't totally taken away until they earn £60k. I can't say that I feel too bad about someone earning £60k not getting any child benefit.

Personally most of the budget evens itself out for me. Maybe lose some child benefit but tbf why the hell do we get it. Dont smoke etc. The fuel in Aug is a big kick in in the bollocks but most of mine is business miles. While the business is paying more for fuel corporation tax is going down. So, all in all I think Im fairly even, My accountant always sends me a nice budget summary in laymans terms so Ill know better when I get that.

There's plenty of people in your position mate, plenty there's more that aren't as fortunate. The family who don't earn very much at all, they both have to drive to work, they're on child benefits and they both smoke. Not a rare example I'm sure you'll agree.

I'm talking about 14,000 millionaires getting a tax break at the very same time 323,000 families who were already struggling, now bereft of tax breaks.

The families who will lose tax breaks are those with a member earning over £50k and even then it isn't totally taken away until they earn £60k. I can't say that I feel too bad about someone earning £60k not getting any child benefit.

Think you've got that wrong mate, unless you're saying there's 323k families on child benefits with a member on over £50k?

Edited by The Fish

CT can you tell me how often miilionaire buys a £2m house compared with how often they get paid?

The idea that closing a few loopholes (which they'll get around anyway) will in any way raise money shows how gullible the cunt thinks we all are.

Also on "trickle down" - the reason the rich are rich is because they don't spend money - if you give anyone on this board 40k they'd go on a fuck off holiday or buy a daft car (not counting mortgage pay-off as that doesn't apply to the rich) - if you give 40k to someone who's rich they stick it in the bank and wank over their statements - it doesn't go back into the economy at all (as the banks won't use it now either).

When it was raised to 50% it was made crystal clear it was a temporary measure by Darling and it wasn't in the country's interest to have a 50% tax bracket. Labour have said today they wouldn't reverse it at the next election.

The HMRC and the OBC have both said the amount it raised was a pittance and under the other "tycoons" taxes launched today this group will end up paying 5 times more.

Everyone should see the benefit of a low corporate tax when we are trying to gain inward investment.

As for the rich not spending......

How do you account for all the posh houses, posh cars, rolex's, etc etc.

Some even buy football clubs!

When it was raised to 50% it was made crystal clear it was a temporary measure by Darling and it wasn't in the country's interest to have a 50% tax bracket. Labour have said today they wouldn't reverse it at the next election.

The HMRC and the OBC have both said the amount it raised was a pittance and under the other "tycoons" taxes launched today this group will end up paying 5 times more.

Everyone should see the benefit of a low corporate tax when we are trying to gain inward investment.

As for the rich not spending......

How do you account for all the posh houses, posh cars, rolex's, etc etc.

Some even buy football clubs!

This would be the OBR which said growth would be 2.5% when its 0.8%?

They've been spinning the amount raised to the point of lying. TBH even if the amount raised was trivial its about messages - "we're all in this together" shouldn't be a shit soundbite. I'd also say that the argumnent that "talent" is discouraged from moving here then they can fuck off somewhere else.

As I said if you really think vague "loophole closing" will worjk then you know even less about big business then I thought which is incredible.

The changes to the corporate tax laws are not about innward investment - they are about multi-nationals taking money out of the uk. Even now ULK compaies are sitting on an estimated cash pile of £750bn which they aren't "investing" - they are just watching it stagnate.

What I mean is that wealth can only be spent up to a point - once you have the nice house (or two) and all the toys there comes a point where the only way you could spend it is to chuck it away - hence the football clubs.

QFT