Royal Mail

Kid Dynamite

There was a Dispatches or similar on a year or so ago trailing a postman on his rounds having to adhere to Crozier's directive on the time they had to complete their rounds . Postie had to go at 4.5mph or so and it didn't account for space between deliveries, topography, loading etc.

To illustrate the outlandishness of this arsehole Crozier's stance they had a Royal Marine (may even have been a PT instructor iirc) complete a round and he just about managed it within the time and he was goosed . Worked out that technically he had to 'run' to achieve it . Pretty scandlous .

There have been restrictions on the increase of first class stamps in the past, those restrictions have been removed. It's a big increase but when you think about it, it's not terribly expensive for what you get.

There was a Dispatches or similar on a year or so ago trailing a postman on his rounds having to adhere to Crozier's directive on the time they had to complete their rounds . Postie had to go at 4.5mph or so and it didn't account for space between deliveries, topography, loading etc.

To illustrate the outlandishness of this arsehole Crozier's stance they had a Royal Marine (may even have been a PT instructor iirc) complete a round and he just about managed it within the time and he was goosed . Worked out that technically he had to 'run' to achieve it . Pretty scandlous .

That's all very true, my son is a postie. What they expect him to do in the time allowed is totally ridiculous.

As someone at work said, you wouldn't mind so much if one stamp covered all sizes. But they've introduced that ridiculous mark up if your letter doesn't fit through a certain sized hole of it's own accord.

Fucking crazy and you can bet your life those delivering see very little of the added revenues.

Daft question but I have to send something first class and I have a few gold-ish first class stamps with no price on which must be a good 5 or 6 years old - can I still use them?

A 2kg parcel has gone from £4.41 to £8.30.

Sports Direct charge £59.99 for delivery to China. £69.99 to Israel.

Canny price for a pair of Donnay socks.

Makes Royal mail look quite reasonable.

A 2kg parcel has gone from £4.41 to £8.30.

Sports Direct charge £59.99 for delivery to China. £69.99 to Israel.

Canny price for a pair of Donnay socks.

Makes Royal mail look quite reasonable.

Must be to cover the additional weight of all the 'SPORTSDIRECT.COM' logos :D

This is them fucked imo.

I use a courier that will take anything around the UK for £7.50 up to 20kg.

For postage, we probably spend £200 a month ish (this is at work) so with these changes I am already looking to see if customer will accept email invoices and statements which is the bulk of my postage. So far from being the increase they needed to be profitable, I reckon this could backfire and force people to look for alternatives.

Stamps always seemed to be really expensive abroad, but cheap here.

I still think, all things considered, 60p to send a letter to the other end of the country in a day, is decent value.

It probably should have gone up gradually over the years, but as has been said already above, they were restricted in how quickly they could increase the price, so have had to whack it all on in one massive lump.

It was the attitude of the Chief Exec of Royal Mail that hacked me off....

"No-one likes to raise prices in the current economic climate but, regretfully, we have no option"

Had they made it a gradual increase then perhaps it'd be more palatable. As it is, people will look elsewhere and as JawD says it'll be the end of them and the seperate business streams will be splintered off.

But then that's the government's ultimate mandate.

He should do it in his racecar.

:icon_lol: He actually uses a bicycle for his usual round...but at the moment he has a van, because he's on a long rural round. I'm glad he isnt using the bike....they are utter crap!!