Newcastle v Liverpool

Gene_Clark

Liverpool have sacked Comolli now. It was obviously all his fault. :icon_lol: I predict no change in their transfer policy at all. Dalglish will sign whoever he likes on Motd for about twice their value. Its gonna be a lovely next season to watch them.
He was sacked from Spurs too.....there is a school of thought this was after he'd recruited the core of their current side. Off the top of my head I can only think that Bale was one of his.....but am no expert where Spurs transfer dates are concerend. Henderson was one of his and was undoubtedly recruited because of his assist's stats last season which were apparently brilliant.
Had a quick look. Henderson wasn't in the top 30 for PL assists last season. (He'd have needed 6 to be one of the 12 players who were joint 19th). Barton had 8. He'd have been a better signing and I said that to the Scouser at work at the time who laughed.

really?... am just repeating something i heard...thought it sounded a bit optimistic tbh....he was shite x 2 against us last season

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was Bale really all that inspired? He was clearly a very talented full back and an athlete. He had a smashing free-kick on him at Southampton and played regularly in the Championship-I think for Wales too. It was then that Comolli took a punt on him and after a few years, Redknapp turned him into a winger.

Talented footballers often change positions at an early age though. Look at Steve Howey.

Striker, wasn't he?

Abyway, regarding Bale, he was the Football League Young player of they year, with a beast of a free kick on him. He was playing first team and International football at 16.

Was Bale really all that inspired? He was clearly a very talented full back and an athlete. He had a smashing free-kick on him at Southampton and played regularly in the Championship-I think for Wales too. It was then that Comolli took a punt on him and after a few years, Redknapp turned him into a winger.

Talented footballers often change positions at an early age though. Look at Steve Howey.

Striker, wasn't he?

Abyway, regarding Bale, he was the Football League Young player of they year, with a beast of a free kick on him. He was playing first team and International football at 16.

Aye. To be fair I used the word talented, he was a fucking shit striker. He made his debut as a bairn the day we were relegated at Man Utd, and it didn't get any better for him. The crowd used to get on to him because being shit and a mackem was unacceptable. His first game I saw him at centre half was at Derby away in 1992, he was fucking excellent, everyone was scratching their head at Keegan, but that was one of his master strokes, because people can say what they like, Howey was a very good centre half for Newcastle.

Aye. To be fair I used the word talented, he was a fucking shit striker. He made his debut as a bairn the day we were relegated at Man Utd, and it didn't get any better for him. The crowd used to get on to him because being shit and a mackem was unacceptable. His first game I saw him at centre half was at Derby away in 1992, he was fucking excellent, everyone was scratching their head at Keegan, but that was one of his master strokes, because people can say what they like, Howey was a very good centre half for Newcastle.

Gareth Southgate got his place at euro 96 after he got injured and never looked back. Howey was never the same after that, it ruined him at the top level. I'm not going to say you're wrong about Howey v manu but I was there and I only remember Anth Lormor making his debut from the bench as a strker.

Gareth Southgate got his place at euro 96 after he got injured and never looked back. Howey was never the same after that, it ruined him at the top level. I'm not going to say you're wrong about Howey v manu but I was there and I only remember Anth Lormor making his debut from the bench as a strker.

Anth Lormor or Tony as he was later known as, scored against West Ham with a first minute overhead kick the night we were officially relegated, which was a few weeks prior to the Man Utd game. I only remember it because I was 10 feet away from it in the Leazes, so the Man Utd game couldn't have been his debut. 99% sure it was Howey's though.

Did Howey fuck himself up running through a forest?

So fuck. Yakubu's got more than him and Carroll put together. In fact Yakubu's scored double his amount in four less games playing for a totally shite team.

Yakubu's had almost a decade in this league to learn the ropes. Back in 06/07 Yakubu averaged a paltry goal every 264 minutes himself.

Suarez has has been hitting one every 274 in his first full year.

He's clearly no Cisse or Ba sort in terms of business or hitting the ground running, but he's been Liverpool's only hope.

So what he scored goals as soon as he got here. So the worst stat you can find for Yakubu is he scored more than 1 goal in 3 full games in 06/07 whereas £25m Suarez can't. Yakubu was a punt based on a Champions League hatrick for some jew team against Man Utd Reserves. He's been a flop, that's fact. If Cristiano Ronaldo went to Real Madrid and scored 15 in 38 games would he be a flop? Yes. Would Yakubu have been a flop with that ratio? No.

They paid £22m for a 25 year old who'd scored 80 goals in 110 games for Ajax. and a goal in every other international he played. MVP in the Copa America (which he's won) and a world cup semi finalist. Then they paid £35m for a bloke who'd managed 17 in 39 games in the championship and didn't have a cap to his name.

Suarez was excellent business, Carroll was hilarious business. Comolli's job ends with bringing quality through the door.

Did Howey fuck himself up running through a forest?

Aye...

and nearly got done for being a lurker

They paid £22m for a 25 year old who'd scored 80 goals in 110 games for Ajax. and a goal in every other international he played. MVP in the Copa America (which he's won) and a world cup semi finalist. Then they paid £35m for a bloke who'd managed 17 in 39 games in the championship and didn't have a cap to his name.

Suarez was excellent business, Carroll was hilarious business. Comolli's job ends with bringing quality through the door.

Well you can forget about the Dutch league stats for starters just look at Kezman. Suarez has some international pedigree which makes him an even bigger flop imo. He would've been expected to deliver 20 goals this season. He's a flop, no one mentioned Carroll. Just accept it, put Phil Collins on, on the metro home, and pipe down a bit.

Totally forgot Kezman ever existed. Just checked his wiki, 221 career goals and he scored 180 of them by the time he was 25.

And then his career just fell apart. Retired earlier this year at the age of 31.

And fuck me mega coincidence, but it's his birthday today! :lol: Happy birthday Mateja Kezman!

Suarez looked pretty good when he first signed.

No coincidence he's regressed since Dalglish has been able to put his own mark on things.