Ed Miliband

TheTaffer

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...

One posh twat for another posh twat :lol:

Red Ed was not even wanted by his own MP's never mind the country.

'Red Ed' yet apparently he'd be just the same as the coalition? Right....

What exactly do you disapprove of in the way Labour elects leaders? I didn't want Ed Milliband (not the most effective opponent) but he was democratically elected according to the constitution of the Labour party, which is pretty fair.

You're rattled. Afraid the 'best PM of your life time' is fucked. :D

Edited by Renton

Milliband doesn't impress me much, but we've got the same "open goal" thing this time round.....Cameron couldn't get a working majority against Gordon fuckin Brown, who was widely derided as PM. All Miliband has to do is keep pounding away at the lack of growth in the economy v austerity cuts and he should be home and dry. But he won't be because he's a weird looking nasal school-swot type of character. Not enough people wil vote for him either. Blair, for all his many faults, would piss this.

'Red Ed' yet apparently he'd be just the same as the coalition? Right....

What exactly do you disapprove of in the way Labour elects leaders? I didn't want Ed Milliband (not the most effective opponent) but he was democratically elected according to the constitution of the Labour party, which is pretty fair.

You're rattled. Afraid the 'best PM of your life time' is fucked. :D

Rattled! Afraid! Give over :lol:

Just because that's the way they've always done it doesn't make it right.

Surely you agree it would help if he was his own MP's first choice?

As for the next election I think that as soon as Labour swap a bit of rhetoric for policies then it will be game over.

They will either have to broadly stick to where we are currently at or promise large spending at which point Joe public will say no thanks .

Milliband doesn't impress me much, but we've got the same "open goal" thing this time round.....Cameron couldn't get a working majority against Gordon fuckin Brown, who was widely derided as PM. All Miliband has to do is keep pounding away at the lack of growth in the economy v austerity cuts and he should be home and dry. But he won't be because he's a weird looking nasal school-swot type of character. Not enough people wil vote for him either. Blair, for all his many faults, would piss this.

Agree with a lot of that. Hague was a much better politician than Milliband but put people off with the voice and lack of hair.

Cruel but true.

As for the next election I think that as soon as Labour swap a bit of rhetoric for policies then it will be game over.

They will either have to broadly stick to where we are currently at or promise large spending at which point Joe public will say no thanks .

As you know the members and unions also get an equal say; they are traditionally the party of the workers after all. The way the country and the coalition are going, labour really don't have to do much but sit back and watch the carnage. The public aren't going to accept this disproven austerity bull shit forever and neither should they.

Edited by Renton

Agree with a lot of that. Hague was a much better politician than Milliband but put people off with the voice and lack of hair.

Cruel but true.

Thing is Hague was never ahead in the polls and was up against a popular government. Ed Milliband is up against an unpopular government that failed to win a majority (No party in power has ever increased their vote).

Win for Milliband by default as the tories tear themselves apart.

do you honestly think the tories are going to get in again? they couldn't even win a majority last time when labour's popularity was at an all time low.

the country by and large is furious with the savage way austerity has been dished out.

libdem voters are disgusted with the way clegg bent over and spread his butt cheeks and will defect to labour.

even with a leader as uninspiring as miliband, it's labour's to lose.

thank christ.

Edited by Dr Gloom

My home constituency will most definitely go from conservatives to labour, only changed to conservatives last election too. This new MP is the sort of wanker who would slay the first born of every local family if it made the party chiefs happy, good riddance to bad rubbish.

do you honestly think the tories are going to get in again? they couldn't even win a majority last time when labour's popularity was at an all time low.

the country by and large is furious with the savage way austerity has been dished out.

libdem voters are disgusted with the way clegg had bent over and spread his butt checks and will defect to labour.

even with a leader as uninspiring as miliband, it's labour's to lose.

thank christ.

No I dont see any signs of a furious country. There are furious elements within the public sector and of course nobody likes any cuts regardless of the size. Its always a case of not in my back yard thanks. Even though percentage wise there was a fag paper between Osbourne and Darling, Labour have simply said, "we wouldnt have done that" to every cut, every pay freeze, every pension freeze thats come along.

Of course, thats all they have to do in the first few years of opposition and their supporters will lap it up.

The trouble comes when they have start actually saying what they will do different and back that up with polices. A manifesto that simply says we will do it slower and less painful wont work.

Remember, the majority of the country will vote the way it always does. That wont change. Its the little small group of floating voters in the middle who chop and change. Labour has to convince them, not their supporters that they are fit again to manage the countrys finances. Currently virtually every poll still has the Conservatives ahead when the question relates to who do you trust the most with the economy.

Out of this floating group, the pensioners will probably stay with the government as they have been well looked after, particularly having their pensions linked. That leaves an even smaller group who will need to be convinced that Labour has a plan, which in the voters eyes, wont mean dragging the country back to financial collapse (which will be the Tory battle cry).

And then you have Milliband and Balls. Will these floaters really consider those two capable of running the country.

Personally I think we will end up with another hung parliament but who knows what may happen in three years. The economy may start to climb, things look up and the floaters stay calm. Europe might turn to shit and the idea of a Referendum will be too appealing.

Cameron may be ditched and Boris sent in to charm the floaters.

Far too early to get excited.

My home constituency will most definitely go from conservatives to labour, only changed to conservatives last election too. This new MP is the sort of wanker who would slay the first born of every local family if it made the party chiefs happy, good riddance to bad rubbish.

Where and who?

No I dont see any signs of a furious country. There are furious elements within the public sector and of course nobody likes any cuts regardless of the size. Its always a case of not in my back yard thanks. Even though percentage wise there was a fag paper between Osbourne and Darling, Labour have simply said, "we wouldnt have done that" to every cut, every pay freeze, every pension freeze thats come along.

Of course, thats all they have to do in the first few years of opposition and their supporters will lap it up.

The trouble comes when they have start actually saying what they will do different and back that up with polices. A manifesto that simply says we will do it slower and less painful wont work.

Remember, the majority of the country will vote the way it always does. That wont change. Its the little small group of floating voters in the middle who chop and change. Labour has to convince them, not their supporters that they are fit again to manage the countrys finances. Currently virtually every poll still has the Conservatives ahead when the question relates to who do you trust the most with the economy.

Out of this floating group, the pensioners will probably stay with the government as they have been well looked after, particularly having their pensions linked. That leaves an even smaller group who will need to be convinced that Labour has a plan, which in the voters eyes, wont mean dragging the country back to financial collapse (which will be the Tory battle cry).

And then you have Milliband and Balls. Will these floaters really consider those two capable of running the country.

Personally I think we will end up with another hung parliament but who knows what may happen in three years. The economy may start to climb, things look up and the floaters stay calm. Europe might turn to shit and the idea of a Referendum will be too appealing.

Cameron may be ditched and Boris sent in to charm the floaters.

Far too early to get excited.

Load of shit. Read Taffer's post again. Rattled. :D

Maybe you'll believe the Spectator then? :lol:

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2013/01/ed-milibands-economic-lacuna/

:lol:

Christ you are rattled aren't you if you think some article in a Tory magazine is relevant. What next, are you going to bring out Melanie Phillips to support your case?

Your leader and party as going to be fucked over by Ed Fucking Milliband, face it! :D

Edited by Renton

:lol:

Christ you are rattled aren't you if you think some article in a Tory magazine is relevant. What next, are you going to bring out Melanie Phillips to support your case?

Your leader and party as going to be fucked over by Ed Fucking Milliband, face it! :D

Dream On Rents. The only way Milliband is going to be the next PM is if Red Ed steps aside for David. ;)

Dave needs a miracle in all truth. Party split over Europe and same sex marriage, UKip chipping away, lib dems defecting to labour, economy in tatters, and a general (correct) impression that they are posh cunts fucking us over.

Even the poor perception of Ed won't save him.

Dave needs a miracle in all truth. Party split over Europe and same sex marriage, UKip chipping away, lib dems defecting to labour, economy in tatters, and a general (correct) impression that they are posh cunts fucking us over.

Even the poor perception of Ed won't save him.

A miracle you say....

We're back to Red Ed and Balls up ;)

Cameron had the potential to actually be a half decent PM and I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. The election of Ed Miliband as Labour leader im my mind put him in a position whereby Labour couldn't win the next election, the Tories could only lose it...

And losing it they are - in a massive way.

Horrifically damaging week for the Tories - their majority stance on the same-sex marriage bill was severely damaging and Gove's u-turn on GCSE replacement, following the u-turn on the award of the West Coast Mainline contract is a total disaster for them.

I don't personally rate the Milliband / Balls combination - but it's a damned sight more palatable than Cameron / Osborne. And the Tories only have themselves to blame for this one!