Euro 2012 Fantasy League

Besty

guys I cant quite work out how the subs work on this think, what happens if they score more than my 'starting 11' - do they automatically get substituted in or do i need to take the chance and sub them in now to replace the players who didnt score highly yesterday?

for example by czech keeper didnt exactly do well - should i sub him for shay given in time for the irish match?

subs go in if you're starting 11 fail to feature and they fit into the position/formation rules available

ie if you play 4-4-2 and a striker/midfielder doesn't play but one of your subs is a striker, then he'd go in to make it 4-3-3

right, so basically because my polish players and czech players didnt score highly its worth me bringing my french and irish subs in now then?

they won't count for this "round"

if you want to bring your subs in to start instead of who is currently choosen it needs to be done before the round starts, otherwise you could just switch anyone around if you know they've scored badly

ah gutted, but isnt that the whole point of bringing subs in for players who havent performed? i understand that i need to do transfers before the round has started but it does let me make these substitutes now. Obviously i lose any points they have scored so far, in cech's case thats nothing anyway and for my polish players its only 2 points each but my subs must do better than this?

the changes you make now will not "count" until matchday 2.

whatever you have in your starting 11 now is what counts for this matchday whether you take them out or not.

your forgetting it'd work both ways, say if a player scored -points etc

ok i guess i understand it now - you pick your best eleven for a particular 'match day'. not sure if ive played it well mind and may have missed a few good opportunities, but if i couldnt get any points from, say for example, Shay Given in his first game, why am I allowed to substitute him in now? wheres the benefit of my losing my starting players points for no possible gain from points scored by the substitute?

If someone only got you 1 point on the first match day, and then you substitute them out for someone that got 4 points in match day 1, you'd still only get 1 point because you had the first player in. The player that got you 4 points will be your starter for match day 2.

If someone only got you 1 point on the first match day, and then you substitute them out for someone that got 4 points in match day 1, you'd still only get 1 point because you had the first player in. The player that got you 4 points will be your starter for match day 2.

but i can understand how that would work for transfers but why would it still let me make substitutions during 'match day 1' if I couldnt possibly benefit from it? If i substitute Given for Cech now I have no points to lose so I might as well try it and see if I get credited for any points Shay gets?

but i can understand how that would work for transfers but why would it still let me make substitutions during 'match day 1' if I couldnt possibly benefit from it? If i substitute Given for Cech now I have no points to lose so I might as well try it and see if I get credited for any points Shay gets?

Oh, that's just so you can plan early for match week 2. Match day 2 is one day after match day 1, so once the first set of fixtures has finished, you won't have much time to change your team. It's just giving you as much as possible to change your team for the next week.

Oh, that's just so you can plan early for match week 2. Match day 2 is one day after match day 1, so once the first set of fixtures has finished, you won't have much time to change your team. It's just giving you as much as possible to change your team for the next week.

but why would anyone substitute out a player now and lose the points they had already acquired if there wass no chance of benefiting from the points the incoming player would score?

but why would anyone substitute out a player now and lose the points they had already acquired if there wass no chance of benefiting from the points the incoming player would score?

You don't lose the points. If a player scores 10 points this week, and you substitute him out now, you'll get the 10 points, but then he won't be starting for match day 2.

You don't lose the points. If a player scores 10 points this week, and you substitute him out now, you'll get the 10 points, but then he won't be starting for match day 2.

why would they let me do this now then? it says i do lose the points!

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg285/zicomartin/

sorry seems ive forgotten how to attach an image in here!

well i havent clicked on confirm yet and will wait to see if anyone else on here can advise before i do! The thing is I only put my 2 french players on the bench as my 'assistant manager' told me to as my poles were playing first!!

Edited by zico martin

If you change your entire team, it'll cost you points (like -2 per player, maybe more.) If you use your wildcard, then you can do it and it wont affect your points.

oh right so if i want or need to make more than 1 transfer at the end of the group stage i could do my using my wildcard and it wont cost me loads of points then?

If you only want to change 2 or 3 players it might be worth taking the hit on the points.

but wouldnt using the wildcard be a better option as i wouldnt lose any points then? or should i keep it until closer to the final?

• 3 weeks later...