Some more good news

harrynufc

How can you possibly think that being unable to eat or drink in the run up to a 3pm/4pm kickoff and maintaining a completely irregular diet in general, plus being unable to refresh at half time, isn't going to affect performance on the football field? Tiote wasn't himself in those matches either.

Tiote's a Christian, isn't he?

he is allowed to drink during ramadam - water

I'm pretty sure your not even allowed to drink water. My mate who comes to games with me doesn't drink water, cant even brush his teeth unless he gets up when its dark. I think the rule is nothing can pass your lips or something like that.

he is allowed to drink during ramadam - water

I'm pretty sure your not even allowed to drink water. My mate who comes to games with me doesn't drink water, cant even brush his teeth unless he gets up when its dark. I think the rule is nothing can pass your lips or something like that.

How do gay devout Muslims cope?!

The Times is reporting that Newcastle is in advanced talks to sign two players now. Doesn't say when it could be done by or which players. But hopefully they're snapped up before other clubs think about moving. Praying Vertoghen is one.

Maybe Toontastic's local Ramadhan observer can help.

You can't eat anything or drink anything, including water, while the sun's up. Obviously this will knacker you even if you aren't fasting on matchdays, which I understand is our Muslim players' policy. You also aren't meant to have sex (with yourself or others!) while the sun's up, or smoke, or swear, or generally do anything that gives you pleasure. It's like Lent. You're supposed to give it up to show your self-control. (That bit about not brushing your teeth is fundy crap, like. Ramadhan is all about intention. If you go to brush your teeth with the intention of letting liquid pass into your throat and breaking your fast that way, then you've done it. If you brush your teeth like a normal human being and you ingest some saliva/water/foam in the standard course of brushing, that doesn't invalidate the fast. This is pretty much common sense but sadly so many of our number fail to grasp the concept, hence the teeth-brushing/covering your mouth while outside in the rain/other extremist bullshit.)

If I were a professional athlete, I wouldn't be fasting, and that's coming from someone who's quite devout. Religion isn't supposed to interfere with your livelihood. The livelihood of Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa and Tiote depends on playing football, which fasting obviously impairs. There's provisions for making up fast days later on in the year, so if I were any of our Muslim lads I'd put off Ramadhan until the close season and give a bit more of my exorbitant salary to charity if I felt guilty about it.

Edited by acrossthepond

Maybe Toontastic's local Ramadhan observer can help.

You can't eat anything or drink anything, including water, while the sun's up. Obviously this will knacker you even if you aren't fasting on matchdays, which I understand is our Muslim players' policy. You also aren't meant to have sex (with yourself or others!) while the sun's up, or smoke, or swear, or generally do anything that gives you pleasure. It's like Lent. You're supposed to give it up to show your self-control. (That bit about not brushing your teeth is fundy crap, like. Ramadhan is all about intention. If you go to brush your teeth with the intention of letting liquid pass into your throat and breaking your fast that way, then you've done it. If you brush your teeth like a normal human being and you ingest some saliva/water/foam in the standard course of brushing, that doesn't invalidate the fast. This is pretty much common sense but sadly so many of our number fail to grasp the concept, hence the teeth-brushing/covering your mouth while outside in the rain/other extremist bullshit.)

If I were a professional athlete, I wouldn't be fasting, and that's coming from someone who's quite devout. Religion isn't supposed to interfere with your livelihood. The livelihood of Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa and Tiote depends on playing football, which fasting obviously impairs. There's provisions for making up fast days later on in the year, so if I were any of our Muslim lads I'd put off Ramadhan until the close season and give a bit more of my exorbitant salary to charity if I felt guilty about it.

Will pass on the information, match day just isn't the same when you have to look away or hold your nose every time the guy sitting next to you talks