If we finish in the top 4.....

Dr Gloom

Parker definitely gives his all, something that makes him commendable. At the same time it shouldn't be used to cover over his weaknesses.

Cabaye plays with as much effort and conviction (and a little more mongrel) AND is capable of laying on the perfect ball and curling in a spectacular goal.

On the fullback front Walker is quick, Assou-Akoto's hair is ridiculous and I don't think he's particularly great. Santon is really improving with more game time, I've warmed to him now and for that reason wouldn't swap if given the chance.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow I don't think players playing for a club that reaches the second phase of the Champions League, qualifies regularly for europe, reaches a couple of Cup Finals, and challenges for the title twice, lacking "respect" for the club.

Parker definitely gives his all, something that makes him commendable. At the same time it shouldn't be used to cover over his weaknesses.

Cabaye plays with as much effort and conviction (and a little more mongrel) AND is capable of laying on the perfect ball and curling in a spectacular goal.

On the fullback front Walker is quick, Assou-Akoto's hair is ridiculous and I don't think he's particularly great. Santon is really improving with more game time, I've warmed to him now and for that reason wouldn't swap if given the chance.

Assou-Akoto's hair is fucking stupid man :lol:

Somehow I don't think players playing for a club that reaches the second phase of the Champions League, qualifies regularly for europe, reaches a couple of Cup Finals, and challenges for the title twice, lacking "respect" for the club.

I have read that sentence a few times now and it makes no sense.

Sp Parker didnt want to be here because his wife didnt want to live up here etc etc. Michael Owen didnt want to be here because he wanted to race horses in Cheshire.

The point is, it doesnt matter why. The point is you make it your business to buy players who want to be here and you do your fucking homework on that score first. Multi million pound transfer fees mean sweet FA if the player considers you to be an inconvenience to the rest of his life.

As I say, we've only ever really paid the wages, but thats just apeing the top clubs. You need to be doing far, far more than that when you're looking at players and putting a team together. That's how you get them spilling blood for the cause.

Sp Parker didnt want to be here because his wife didnt want to live up here etc etc. Michael Owen didnt want to be here because he wanted to race horses in Cheshire.

The point is, it doesnt matter why. The point is you make it your business to buy players who want to be here and you do your fucking homework on that score first. Multi million pound transfer fees mean sweet FA if the player considers you to be an inconvenience to the rest of his life.

As I say, we've only ever really paid the wages, but thats just apeing the top clubs. You need to be doing far, far more than that when you're looking at players and putting a team together. That's how you get them spilling blood for the cause.

so what exactly is more attractive about Manchester ?

Agreed, and we seem to be doing a lot better on that front already.

Two examples show the difference in approach:

1. Albert Luque sat discussing contract with NUFC. Luque makes it clear he's not really arsed about coming to the club. Shepherd doubles his offer from £40k to £80k a week to convince him.

2. Gervinho sat discussing contract with NUFC. Gervinho gets his phone out and stars texting during the meeting. Llambias calls a halt to the meeting and tells Gervinho to f*ck off.

I like approach number 2.

Who could possibly lack respect for Freddy Shepherd?

"....never said that he would knock seven bells out of..."

:lol:

thought you had me on ignore shitforbrains ? :lol:

Redicilous to suggest Walker and Assou-Ekotto are shit, they are both quick and comfortable on the ball. I think Santon will become great, but he is nowhere near the finished article.

Preferring him to arguably amongst the best fullbacks in the country is a bit RAWKesque, where they prefer Kelly to Ivanovic... he is a talent, for now..

1. Albert Luque sat discussing contract with NUFC. Luque makes it clear he's not really arsed about coming to the club. Shepherd doubles his offer from £40k to £80k a week to convince him.

2. Gervinho sat discussing contract with NUFC. Gervinho gets his phone out and stars texting during the meeting. Llambias calls a halt to the meeting and tells Gervinho to f*ck off.

Not backing his manager then :hand:

Superbly illustrated.

Should have called a halt to the meeting the second he saw his dome tbh.

Redicilous to suggest Walker and Assou-Ekotto are shit, they are both quick and comfortable on the ball. I think Santon will become great, but he is nowhere near the finished article.

Preferring him to arguably amongst the best fullbacks in the country is a bit RAWKesque, where they prefer Kelly to Ivanovic... he is a talent, for now..

I couldn't give a fuck. They're both far from brilliant and if it's true theyre anywhere near the best full backs in the country (they're absolutely not btw, Ashley Cole who is admittedly a grade A cunt has been on a different plateau to either of them for an entire career), it says more about the standard of the country.

Happy to aim higher and I'm a person who traditionally doesnt even expect a lot from his full backs apart from competent defending. Fwiw I think you routinely get glassy eyed about by ten a penny Forest Gump type full backs who can "bomb on"

I dont think Ashley Cole is that good anymore, people say Evra is quickly on the decline. Cole seems to be snapping at his heels in that respect.

Seems to have gone the way of Lampard - more sideways these days than forwards.

You are right. Dyer and Bowyer showed great respect for the club by fighting on the pitch. The only honour that Fat Pat bought to the club was the rate at which he shagged his way through the quayside and the rate at which his obesity took hold. Marcelino's little finger injury showed his overwhelming desire to fight for the cause. Bellamy's insistence on telling anyone who would listen that he learned more off Andy Gray on MNF than he did from SBR showed intense respect for not only NUFC but for one of the finest men you could ever meet.

Have a fucking word with yourself, the club has been infested by overpaid, under hungry welts for years.

Ashley Cole is English football's supreme example of a truly 'great' full back.

Evra has never been in the same ball park as him.

Walker and Assou Ekotto will never make it to the same ball park as him.

I try to keep an eye on him every time they play, he strikes me as extremely solid - but a bit boring going forward. Mostly back and sidepasses. If you fancy solidity over forrest gump bombing like you do then I can sort of see where you are coming from. Me I go misty-eyed when I see Bale`esque fullback runs :)

You are right. Dyer and Bowyer showed great respect for the club by fighting on the pitch. The only honour that Fat Pat bought to the club was the rate at which he shagged his way through the quayside and the rate at which his obesity took hold. Marcelino's little finger injury showed his overwhelming desire to fight for the cause. Bellamy's insistence on telling anyone who would listen that he learned more off Andy Gray on MNF than he did from SBR showed intense respect for not only NUFC but for one of the finest men you could ever meet.

Have a fucking word with yourself, the club has been infested by overpaid, under hungry welts for years.

Aye well said.

I can only see Leazes content when he gets quoted, but touching on what he's written there the whole lesson sadly seems lost on him. You can get so far spending big money (examples he's used) but to convert that into silverware and go that final step instead of peripheral also rans, you need players who will die for the cause. Leazes has sadly only ever subscribed to the big money side of it, which is disappointing given how long he's been watching football (and NUFC in particular). In quoting what he has he's summed up perfectly the case against him. It's not how "the big clubs do it" at all, despite what he says. It's a massive blind spot in his knowledge, despite what else he seems to think he can teach us about how football works, has worked and will always work. Which is quite an all encompassing brief tbf so he'd do well to study this area with more care and attention.

3 players in how many years :lol:. Have a word with yourself. Bellamy has done OK since leaving us by the way.

That is the same sort of shite that quotes Boumsong as the typical centre half the club signed. Although plenty of people were happy with him at the time he signed.

My post pointed out that you don't qualify for europe, champions league, challenge for the title etc with players that don't respect the club. I was thinking more of players like Shearer, Lee, Speed, Solano, Given, Warren Barton and dozens more. it's far too early to say what sort of players the club signs in future. What is certain, is the higher you go, the higher the expectation and that in itself brings certain problems not least of which is the temperament of the more gifted players sometimes. Its up to the manager to manage these players, and higher ambitions and heights bring higher pressures.

Get a grip.

Aye well said.

I can only see Leazes content when he gets quoted, but touching on what he's written there the whole lesson sadly seems lost on him. You can get so far spending big money (examples he's used) but to convert that into silverware and go that final step instead of peripheral also rans, you need players who will die for the cause. Leazes has sadly only ever subscribed to the big money side of it, which is disappointing given how long he's been watching football (and NUFC in particular). In quoting what he has he's summed up perfectly the case against him. It's not how "the big clubs do it" at all, despite what he says. It's a massive blind spot in his knowledge, despite what else he seems to think he can teach us about how football works, has worked and will always work. Which is quite an all encompassing brief tbf so he'd do well to study this area with more care and attention.

the lesson is lost on you, idiot. You are now saying what I've told you for years. You won't find a post from me saying "I only subscribe to the big money side of it". You're an idiot, you have no dignity or integrity, you know that you are now saying what I've told you for years that you have rubbished. You don't do what the club did with players who don't respect the club, we lost those cup finals etc because we played the Champions and the managers and players got it wrong on the day with motivation, selection and preparation, we lost the Champions League qualifier because players missed penalties. That is fuck all to do with "respect for the club". Clown :lol:

3 players in how many years :lol:. Have a word with yourself. Bellamy has done OK since leaving us by the way.

That is the same sort of shite that quotes Boumsong as the typical centre half the club signed. Although plenty of people were happy with him at the time he signed.

My post pointed out that you don't qualify for europe, champions league, challenge for the title etc with players that don't respect the club. I was thinking more of players like Shearer, Lee, Speed, Solano, Given, Warren Barton and dozens more. it's far too early to say what sort of players the club signs in future. What is certain, is the higher you go, the higher the expectation and that in itself brings certain problems not least of which is the temperament of the more gifted players sometimes. Its up to the manager to manage these players, and higher ambitions and heights bring higher pressures.

Get a grip.

I wholeheartedly agree with that in bold.

Ironically you have picked out 6 players who loved the club, loved the area and who (to lesser extent nobby) were very good mates and played for each other.

They were also bought at the right age, at the right price and with no sense of panic. Exactly the model that I, and hundreds of others on here, feel is the right model and is serving us well at the moment.

But make no mistake there were dozens of others who were here for l£ss nobl£ r£asons.