If you cancelled your ST in the last 3 year, will you renew next season?

Happy Face

52,000+ crowds for lowly/dull Stoke and Bolton suggest a lot of people are willing to forgive and forget.

I know there's a few lads on here that said Ashley wasn't getting any more money off them, will you stick to your guns on that?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Having signed up for the three year deal and then cancelled following KK's departure, I can only say how glad I am that the wife bought me another one last August.

You do forget how great the whole match day experience is, even spending the majority of the week looking forward to it.

The only problem I have now is that its going to hit me harder when the season ends and theres nowt to do on a Saturday but work :(

I've been tempted to get a ST since the Championship season but can't justify the money at this point. I love going to the match and I love the Toon but I also love eating and having central heating.

As for not giving Ashley money, I think you have to realise that it's a matter of supporting the club at the crux of it all and those who made such a claim, probably didn't mean it with much conviction.

Nah, I stopped going simply because I wasn't enjoying it anymore. I was missing games and just didn't fancy it.

I know its frowned upon, and there's this "through thick and thin" view that says that you have to keep going regardless, but if I'm not enjoying something, and I'm paying 600 quid a year to not enjoy it, then I'm gonna stop doing it.

Clearly its a more enjoyable experience these days, but I've got other stuff going on and I'm not ready to start hoying a load of cash at a season ticket again.

I might get to a few more games next season though.

Nah, I stopped going simply because I wasn't enjoying it anymore.

Maybe it was the choice of company you kept on match day....Trent Posse... cough.. cough....

Now if you were to join me on an erdinger / burger / pie culinary fantasy then you might lurveeeee match days. :)

Maybe it was the choice of company you kept on match day....Trent Posse... cough.. cough....

Now if you were to join me on an erdinger / burger / pie culinary fantasy then you might lurveeeee match days. :)

I suspect there's more chance of Gemmill joining me in NZ for a BBQ but there you go

This was my first season without. Its killed me like. I didnt give up because of MA, but the actions of the club did make it easier. I left to spent more time with the kids so Im not about to give that up. Hopefully one of them will want to go when they are older so I can get a ticket with one or both. will be a few years for that like. This said, I went to the Man U away game, prob going to Everton as well. Also a load of us in a box at SJP for the Man city game so Ill get to that one.

So no, I'll not renew but still get to the odd game.

He might be tempted if you bring your daughter along ;-)

What they should imo, these fair weather fans who left when we got relegated in particular. If they renew, at the start of the season they should have Alan Robson on the pitch with a microphone, and people who are getting their season tickets should come out the tunnel after having their names read out, and roundly booed, by the loyal 31,000 season ticket holders who bravely clung on to the flag poll when the ship was sinking.

"JAAAAAAAAAY 69" BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. The whole stadium in unison singin ye can stick ye bottled water up ya arse!

Edited by McFaul

I'm sure you were talking just a few years back about whether you should get a season ticket or not. I remember bring surprised that you didn't already have one.

Or were you sharing one or something, and wondering whether to get your own?

I'm sure you were talking just a few years back about whether you should get a season ticket or not. I remember bring surprised that you didn't already have one.

Or were you sharing one or something, and wondering whether to get your own?

No mate. Shared in 2006 for a season cos I was skint, but it was always my ticket. I didn't miss any games as it happens. You may be getting me mixed up with someone else?

Why would I lie about not having a season ticket :lol: Total doilums. Got me first season ticket the season Keegan arrived in 1992.

I have threatened to chuck it numerous times however.

Edited by McFaul

No mate. Shared in 2006 for a season cos I was skint, but it was always my ticket. I didn't miss any games as it happens. You may be getting me mixed up with someone else?

I must be, although Ant seems to remember it too. *strokes chin* ;)

Anyway it makes no odds to me. No one is obliged to attend in my eyes.

I must be, although Ant seems to remember it too. *strokes chin* ;)

Anyway it makes no odds to me. No one is obliged to attend in my eyes.

Ant's about as vague as Vague McVaguerson. Absolutely no idea where you are coming from.