Chelsea v Newcastle United

Park Life

We've replaced the most significant player we've lost, Guthrie a player who managed about ten good premiership games in four years, with a Dutch international and one of the top performers from Ajax, Anita. The other players who have left you wouldn't even want on the bench and we've brought some young lads who might well progress.

We've got HBA & Cisse from the start this season and Taylor is back from injury (remember how good our defence was last season with him in it!).

In those terms we look significantly stronger than last season to me. Yes I would still love to see Debuchy here as I think he could make a significant difference to us but any other additions would likely only be squad improvements rather massive additions to the starting eleven.

We'd all love for Ashley to think right lets have a right go at this and spend big to have a right go at the top but we know this isn't going to happen. If you live with reality then you have to be pretty happy.

Spot on.

Our best 18 is stronger than last year. The lads from the development squad have stepped up and replaced the likes of Smith (Abeid) and Lovenkrands (Vuckic). Add to that the impressive Bigirimana, Amalfitano who is versitile and will get games as well as a fully fit Marveaux. We are definitely stronger.

Our best starting 11 only needs one upgrade and that is at fullback whether it be on the left or right. Debuchy would be a great addition to the team but i still would prefer an LB of similar quality and switch Santon to the right.

Other than that i would say we need a striker as another option to Cisse and Ba and who will challenge Shola for a spot on the bench. Thing is who?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CabayeAye

Spot on.

Our best 18 is stronger than last year. The lads from the development squad have stepped up and replaced the likes of Smith (Abeid) and Lovenkrands (Vuckic). Add to that the impressive Bigirimana, Amalfitano who is versitile and will get games as well as a fully fit Marveaux. We are definitely stronger.

Our best starting 11 only needs one upgrade and that is at fullback whether it be on the left or right. Debuchy would be a great addition to the team but i still would prefer an LB of similar quality and switch Santon to the right.

Other than that i would say we need a striker as another option to Cisse and Ba and who will challenge Shola for a spot on the bench. Thing is who?

Totally agree. If we get an upgrade on Simpson, a third quality CB and a third quality striker (preferably a target man style upgrade on Shola), we'd have a blinding squad who can push for top 3/4.

Guest CabayeAye

I'd like to see the 443 in action. I really don't like our 442, it NEVER works!

Krul

Simpson - Played reasonably well against spuds so should keep his place.

Saylor

Colo

Santon

Tiote

Cabaye

Jonas - Hopefully will pick up where he left off

Ben Arfa - Has got MoM written all over him. Will show Hazard how to do it.

Cisse - Blatantly saved himself for this on Thursday!

Ba

My prediction - They will get a ridiculous penalty from a blatantly paid off ref. We will get either a draw or a win after Cisse shows a lethal touch and Ben Arfa tears them apart. If Cabaye gets into his stride, we'll control the midfield and get 2 or 3.

Guest CabayeAye

Absolutely no chance. Top 4 will be far harder than it was last season too.

Man U are on a big time slide. Man City/Chelsea are untouchable, Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool and Spuds will all be targets for us with 3-4 new players.

Guest CabayeAye

Except it has worked. Just like 433 doesn't always work.

It worked once against Man U. Every other time, Spurs included, it has been awful.

Man U are on a big time slide. Man City/Chelsea are untouchable, Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool and Spuds will all be targets for us with 3-4 new players.

Man U will finish top 2. Kagawa will come good and Van Persie will click

:lol:

Guest CabayeAye

:lol:

They are running to the wall financially. They are losing money hand over fist to service the owners debt, Chelsea and Man City are eating into their international glory fan market and they aren't winning everything any more. Man City are much better than them at the minute, and I think Chelsea will push them to third. They don't have a mega rich owner to boost them back up either, like what Abramovich has done with Chelsea a few times.

Man Utd will be the next Liverpool, mark my words.

We've replaced the most significant player we've lost, Guthrie a player who managed about ten good premiership games in four years, with a Dutch international and one of the top performers from Ajax, Anita. The other players who have left you wouldn't even want on the bench and we've brought some young lads who might well progress.

We've got HBA & Cisse from the start this season and Taylor is back from injury (remember how good our defence was last season with him in it!).

In those terms we look significantly stronger than last season to me. Yes I would still love to see Debuchy here as I think he could make a significant difference to us but any other additions would likely only be squad improvements rather massive additions to the starting eleven.

We'd all love for Ashley to think right lets have a right go at this and spend big to have a right go at the top but we know this isn't going to happen. If you live with reality then you have to be pretty happy.

I think that's a positive spin. Everyone around us has invested on improvements where needed to a much greater extent....

Man City - Rodwell £12m

Man U - Van Persie £24m, Kagawa £17m, Powell £4m, Buttner £4m)

Arsenal - Cazorla £16.5m, Giroud £13m, Podoloski £11m

Tottenham - Adebayor £5m, Vertonghen £10m, Sigurdsson £8m

Newcastle - Anita £6.7m

Chelsea - Hazard £32m, Oscar £25m, Marin £7m, Moses £9m

Everton - Pienaar £4.5m, Mirallas £5.2m

Liverpool - Allen £15m, Borini £10m, Assaidi £3m

We still struggle by with a championship RB and no CB cover which has been desperately needed for 3 windows now.

Strong team, no Tiote and no striker.

We do need to strengthen like...Weak bench.

Need a good solid performance today from Cisse, Ba and Ben Arfa then. Will start as a 442 and change in the second if needed. Be interesting to see how Anita and Cabaye work together too. Good to have Coloccini back. Keep it tight at the back and play it out.

Still confident we can get something out of this if we play well. Would be a massive result early in the season if we are to challenge top 4.

I've got £2 on Ben Arfa first goal and us to win 2-1 @ 125/1. Would be a nice weekend for me if we turn up and do what we are capable of.