Chelsea v Newcastle United

Park Life

Oh well. No shame in losing to this lot, long as it's not by a lot.

On the flipside I've never been able to respect them (same with Man City) and I wouldn't congratulate any of their fans after the game.

I have no time for this club and I've always hated them a lot more than Man City primarily because Chelsea got in there first.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are playing with 9 men effectively and with simpson and jonas there is no threat on the flanks to speak of. Ben Arfa is also deployed too deep.

He needs to be further up and in the middle to dictate play.

Aye I'd agree with that. Giving them way too much respect.

Our current gameplay are of zero threat. Just hoofing it long to strikers on ramadan.

We werent looking any more aggressive after conceding the first. Surely you agree there should be a change of pace/aggression or?

Reminds me of how people whine when teams bend over on old trafford etc. Man U score and they just stay semi-passive.

Hoofing?

Balls in the air that are aimed at players does not equal hoofing.

So do you think Simpson and Jonas will offer a threat in a 4-3-3?

Its a completely different system which will allow them to pass to players who do.

Our movement is poor and Ben arfa lacks Options. He only has Ba and Cisse to pass to and they are marked out because noone else is joining in.

Anita and Cabaye were always going to be overran in a 4-4-2 I knew that the moment I saw the lineup

Hoofing?

Balls in the air that are aimed at players does not equal hoofing.

if thats the only way we get past the midfield line what do you call it then.

Aerial passing? :lol:

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Our current gameplay are of zero threat. Just hoofing it long to strikers on ramadan.

We werent looking any more aggressive after conceding the first. Surely you agree there should be a change of pace/aggression or?

Reminds me of how people whine when teams bend over on old trafford etc. Man U score and they just stay semi-passive.

3 shots on target to their 5.

It's not been 100% one way at all.

Its a completely different system which will allow them to pass to players who do.

Our movement is poor and Ben arfa lacks Options. He only has Ba and Cisse to pass to and they are marked out because noone else is joining in.

Anita and Cabaye were always going to be overran in a 4-4-2 I knew that the moment I saw the lineup

Shifting Jonas into the middle may stop them getting overrun but it's leaving our fullbacks even more exposed when Chelsea's fullbacks get forward, which they done for the majority of the first half.

To be honest I find it quite laughable reading forums at the complete overreaction to playing 4-4-2 or 4-3-3, reading some comments you would think we go from Ajax 95 to Sunderland 2006 by pushing Jonas wide and playing Ben Arfa deeper.

Although the rest of its been poor, still love watching Ben Arfa run with the ball.

Do we know why Cisse wasn't playing a huge amount in pre-season? Was it Ramadan taking effect? Dunno, he just doesn't look quite as sharp as he did last year.

Shifting Jonas into the middle may stop them getting overrun but it's leaving our fullbacks even more exposed when Chelsea's fullbacks get forward, which they done for the majority of the first half.

To be honest I find it quite laughable reading forums at the complete overreaction to playing 4-4-2 or 4-3-3, reading some comments you would think we go from Ajax 95 to Sunderland 2006 by pushing Jonas wide and playing Ben Arfa deeper.

Its not the formation per se, its the movement. For some reason our movement is dogshit whenever we play 4-4-2.

Cause and effect we could argue about all day long but its a simple matter observing us whenever we play that formation.