Jack The Ripper

Christmas Tree

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised there's not been a more recent interpretation of the story to be honest, I'd have expected Hollywood to lap it up.

Tim Burton with Jonny Depp as the lead and Helena Bonham Carter as the longest surviving prostitute.

wolfy fuck off with this shit in other threads, stick to the moon landing one. There's a good chap.

I've never mentioned Jack (skippety) the ripper in any other threads, so stop telling lies or I'll be forced to tell on you. :naughty:

I meant the 'I don't believe anything, everything is a conspiracy!!11' bullshit.

I don't think everything's a conspiracy, just most of the unsolved stuff or the way out stuff that none of us are permitted to understand.

At the very least it should be questioned, even if it's not first and foremost in people's minds.

I thought that's what discussion was about. If you don;t question stuff, no matter what it is, then you have to go with the flow, no0 matter what, which in all honesty would just make us all like herded sheep, which most of us are.

The point is! We are all conditioned to accept history and up to date explanations for whatever , that, most of us don't go any further than accepting what's been fed to us.

I'm different and I question stuff, because I'm a bit bored of being fed bullshit in many avenues of history and up to date media bullshit.

That's just the way I am.

Just seems like you want to be different and you want to believe you are more intelligent than everyone else because you 'don't believe what you are being conditioned to' when in reality you aren't more intelligent and just refuse to believe any facts given to you because it completely derails your objective. The irony is you probably believe what you are 'conditioned' to believe from people on conspiracy websites who are also desperate to be different/look like the intelligent elite lauding it over the sheep.

Only my opinion like :) but I can see it derailing threads on a regular basis with that stance.

Problem is Wolfy, you believe it's more likely for an impossibly complex and contrived conspiracy, than a simple explanation. Then you state that others are sheep for blindly believing something.

Your conclusions are based on a false premises. You assume people have not questioned what they've been told. You believe that given the current explanation for some thing isn't accurate, there must be a conspiracy.

Neither of those presumptions hold any water.

I have to say, I think this was a very straightforward bit of WUMing from wolfy, and a couple of you have turned up like Pacman for a chomp.

Obviously if he's not joking, then he's an even bigger tit than I thought.

I have to say, I think this was a very straightforward bit of WUMing from wolfy, and a couple of you have turned up like Pacman for a chomp.

Obviously if he's not joking, then he's an even bigger tit than I thought.

At work.

Bored.

I'd bite to one of Leazes posts if he were still here

Just seems like you want to be different and you want to believe you are more intelligent than everyone else because you 'don't believe what you are being conditioned to' when in reality you aren't more intelligent and just refuse to believe any facts given to you because it completely derails your objective. The irony is you probably believe what you are 'conditioned' to believe from people on conspiracy websites who are also desperate to be different/look like the intelligent elite lauding it over the sheep.

Only my opinion like :) but I can see it derailing threads on a regular basis with that stance.

I don't want to be different and I certainly don't think I'm more intelligent than anyone else, I'm just the average Joe with thoughts and questions.

I used to believe a lot of stuff that I was told and went along with it, as I said before...but then I opened my mind a bit when things didn't look as cut and dried as they appeared, so I delved in and came up with many questions.

I won't be derailing any threads with my stance on stuff, unless it's a topic put up about something I think could have a different outlook to what it appears.

Like this thread is about Jack the ripper and my stance is, it's POSSIBLE that he was made up as a scare tactic, that's all I'm saying.

It's pointless about going on about derailing threads anyway because 99% of any threads get derailed, no matter what. That's message boards for you.

But you are entitled to your opinion.

Problem is Wolfy, you believe it's more likely for an impossibly complex and contrived conspiracy, than a simple explanation. Then you state that others are sheep for blindly believing something.

Your conclusions are based on a false premises. You assume people have not questioned what they've been told. You believe that given the current explanation for some thing isn't accurate, there must be a conspiracy.

Neither of those presumptions hold any water.

Not always!

The ones I call the sheep are the ones that totally refuse to even question something as an alternative to what they were fed. Most people actually do question many things, yet some point blankly refuse to even question even one thing that seems odd about something when it's clear there are anomalies with certain stuff.

The Jack the ripper fiasco will probably never be known and yet there is hundreds of different stories about this person and all can't be right , so therefore , someone is questioning it.

My stance is that he was made up and a small cull of the ladies in the night was sanctioned to either stop sexual disease getting too rife, or to smarten up the area they were working in...something like that, yet it could be nothing like that in reality, yet we will never know.

That's the beauty about questions...they can be asked and pondered but there might not be any definitive answer.

There was such a high level of prostitution due to the poverty in some areas at that time that there is no way that killing 5 of them was going to deter others from doing it, such was the desperate situation many families found themselves in (the alternative was to gp and starve in a corner for a while, then die). It was simply the only way of putting food on the table for a lot of families at the time.

Edited by TicTacWoe

Tim Burton with Jonny Depp as the lead and Helena Bonham Carter as the longest surviving prostitute.

Whoosh me if need be but I think you are confusing things.

Tim Burton Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter made Sweeney Todd which has nothing to do with the ripper.

However Johnny Depp was in the ripper film by the guys who also made Boyz N the hood.